Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Should zarp get rid of the murder server?

Keep the murder server 29 18%
Sacrifice it for another gamemode 132 82%
Total number of voters: 161 ( Newdude, Hoops_1991, Mattors, Samual Peterson, illegalimmigrant ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Getting rid of the murder server

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #727236

Rachul wrote:
There's still about 25 people which is enough to keep a server alive. While it's not as popular as Prophunt; it's still a gamemode that has around 10-15 players on average, which is a decent number. And as long as the owners wants to keep developing the server i think it's fair that they should get to do it as they worked really hard on something most people aren't capable of doing ^^.

I'm sorry but where are you getting this information from? 25 players what the fuck?
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I really need to change my password
  • Thanks received: 571
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here
Smo change ur password lol
The topic has been locked.

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #727269

Sam the Sausage wrote:
Jugger wrote:
sorle wrote:
Jugger wrote:
sorle wrote:
Jugger wrote:
sorle wrote:
jesus fucking christ, (a portion of) the community is toxic nowadays

instead of shitting all over someones hard work and saying "shit server get rid of it" why not give some actually constructive feedback so it can be improved?

even then I don't think it's the server at fault, it's partly the gamemode and partly the community for not giving it a try because it is decently fun

jailbreak will die out to exactly the same extent because it gets stale at the same rate, if not faster due to the repetitive nature, at least in murder you get power rounds

TL;DR: stop being cunts

Bit hypocritical to call the community toxic when you look at your past self and things you haven't done to try and help get rid of the toxic parts of it
bit hypocritical of you too considering you never even tried to fix toxicity, when I was recently (within the past month) staff on 3 servers for the reason of fixing toxicity. addin on to that, you still have the same attitude you were infamous for on the forums

oh yeah, go to the ttt information thread and the deathrun section. look at the staff attitude posts made by yours truly (deathrun one based on stratiics post) which were made to combat toxicity within the staff team and tell me again I did nothing to fix toxicity

outta here with that bullshit

@all the other people

sure, we might replace the server in the future, but while it's here, we need feedback to improve it to keep the current players entertained. thexnator did a very good job on the server, but just made a mistake with the gamemode. people make mistakes, people learn. stop fucking flaming him for it.

Sorry I've got a life and I don't care about a gaming community
just pointed out that you're factually wrong, you clearly cant handle that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Clearly can just cba to point out facts myself when I did better things then be a cyber warrior

You're being a cyber warrior as we speak you moron. Stop trying to prove your fucking retarded point that doesnt even make sense. Making such stupid argument is honestly so fucked and really shows how stupid you are. You dont play anymore, so leave, plain and simple.

Ye I don't play I occasionally go onto the forums at night time or early in the morning nothing wrong about this did I make you cry tho
  • Jugger
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 288

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #727320

Smo wrote:
Raeker wrote:
What people do not understand is that a lot of time has been put into the server. Sure, you might not like the gamemode (I don't enjoy it either) and yes, the updates might have had very little effect, but it's a fact that the server has had a lot of time put into it.

Is the gamemode shit? In my opinion, yes. But Xnator did work hard on it and that is simply a fact, whether you like it or not.

so we keep this dead server because xnator has put time and money into it

I normally wouldn't respond to this topic. But this triggered me.

Dear "Smo",
Let's say you are now the proud owner of a new gamemode! Let's say it's Jailbreak. Congratulations. So 6 months pass by and you have put in HOURS and HOURS of your life learning how to code, coding, updating and investing in this project. Then out of the sudden, one guy makes a post and suggests the server and all your work to go to the trash can. If the CM team accept his suggestion, how would you feel? You will be bursting with happiness i bet! So stop thinking only about ruining someone's hard work and think more about how to improve this "dead" server so it gets more popular.

Also the server is not "dead". It gets atleast 10 ACTIVE players a day and has a stable Staff Team. That is decent. Better than some other servers we had before.

Even if you still disagree, answer to this question: Why would you make a post titled: "Getting rid of the murder server" instead of a post like: "New Gamemode Suggestion!". And please do not mention about the server and the cost. That is not your job since you do not own the community. That is the Community Team's job and they should be the ones deciding about Murder's Fate.
That shows that you think negatively. Instead of happily suggesting something new, you are causing drama bringing up the shut down of the Murder Server.
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life's Good! Do more of what makes you Happy :D
  • Thanks received: 538
Click the image below to add me on Steam!

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

«Μια καλή μαλακια είναι ίσον με τρία καλά γαμησια» Στεφανος Χίος 2019 μ.Χ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bunnyslippers69, Raeker

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #727322

Johnler wrote:
Smo wrote:
Raeker wrote:
What people do not understand is that a lot of time has been put into the server. Sure, you might not like the gamemode (I don't enjoy it either) and yes, the updates might have had very little effect, but it's a fact that the server has had a lot of time put into it.

Is the gamemode shit? In my opinion, yes. But Xnator did work hard on it and that is simply a fact, whether you like it or not.

Dear "Smo",
Let's say you are now the proud owner of a new gamemode! Let's say it's Jailbreak. Congratulations. So 6 months pass by and you have put in HOURS and HOURS of your life learning how to code, coding, updating and investing in this project. Then out of the sudden, one guy makes a post and suggests the server and all your work to go to the trash can. If the CM team accept his suggestion, how would you feel? You will be bursting with happiness i bet! So stop thinking only about ruining someone's hard work and think more about how to improve this "dead" server so it gets more popular.

Also the server is not "dead". It gets atleast 10 ACTIVE players a day and has a stable Staff Team. That is decent. Better than some other servers we had before.

Even if you still disagree, answer to this question: Why would you make a post titled: "Getting rid of the murder server" instead of a post like: "New Gamemode Suggestion!". And please do not mention about the server and the cost. That is not your job since you do not own the community. That is the Community Team's job and they should be the ones deciding about Murder's Fate.
That shows that you think negatively. Instead of happily suggesting something new, you are causing drama bringing up the shut down of the Murder Server.

First of all, if you have read the thread jailbreak is ready to go we are just waiting for player slots.

Second of all, about the ct decide about shit I'm just trying to get them to see we do not want the server.

Third of all, you say we should keep this server when over 100 people want it gone and only 22 want it to stay? Like if you read evilstewie's post about the shit, it literally explains what you're saying but with shit.

Fourth, a stable staff team? I think its the staff that only play the god damn server.

Thank you for the response.
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by smo.

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #727340

Smo wrote:
Johnler wrote:
Smo wrote:
Raeker wrote:

Dear "Smo",

First of all, if you have read the thread jailbreak is ready to go we are just waiting for player slots.

Second of all, about the ct decide about shit I'm just trying to get them to see we do not want the server.

Third of all, you say we should keep this server when over 100 people want it gone and only 22 want it to stay? Like if you read evilstewie's post about the shit, it literally explains what you're saying but with shit.

Fourth, a stable staff team? I think its the staff that only play the god damn server.

Thank you for the response.

First of all: How do you know it's gonna be more successful than Murder and that people will not get bored after a week?

Secondly: I am pretty sure that they are not blind and don't you think that they have a reason for not taking Murder down instantly after you made this post and saw these votes?

Thirdly: 22 People want Murder. The rest 100 Prefer other gamemodes. Why do you think all these 100 like JB? Probably 30 like JB, 30 might like Zombie RP or Minigames and the last 40 might like let's say Star Wars RP. You can't be sure. The vote you made is whether to replace murder or not. These people voted if they prefer another gamemode. I don't like Murder either and would love a SWRP server in its place. But i know that a new server takes a lot of time and effort. You have to stay with the things you have til they are completely useless. And Murder ain't completely useless right now imo.

Finally: That is a lie cause every time i play on murder there are 10+ players and hardly any staff on and 10+ players.
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Johnler.

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #727359

Johnler wrote:
Smo wrote:
Raeker wrote:

Dear "Smo",

Hello mate I haven't got anything against you but lemme just argue back since I disagree with you.

Firstly, coding in lua and coding in general isn't that hard and making a murder server with some custom content (which isn't anything too amazing btw) is rly not too hard if you have any basic lua knowledge. The custom content requires a higher level of lua knowledge yes but he didn't even make all the custom content from scratch and what he did make from scratch he likely had extensive help with. While I'm not saying he did a bad job I'm just saying its nothing too amazing.

Likewise any way you look at it ZARP is both a community and a business, Chute and EMP want to open up the servers which have higher player counts and thus reel in more donations and the community wants a server which will thrive so that it can expand and improve. Murder is not that server evidently and the community don't want it so the only logical step would be to remove it and replace it with something they do want.

Your point about it not being dead since it gets at least 10 players a day is also pretty invalid since even if ZARP was a tiny community and they only had Murder it would still be below average, but when you take into consideration the vast size of ZARP's community and compare it with Murder's miniscule playerbase you can clearly see that it is infact dead. You even prove that it shouldn't be like that when you state that its better than "some servers we had before" and there is clearly a reason we had them before and not now right?

I also disagree with your final point about normal community members not having to consider costs and whatnot since the more money ZARP pulls in the better since it could mean Chute buys another box and thus we get even more game servers and ZARP's community expands further.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1369
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blocked

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #727429

Johnler wrote:

Dear "Smo",

Your argument is inherently flawed. The murder server was created to use the extra slots the server wasn't using and making the server was NOT IN FAVOR OF THE POPULAR VOTE.

The poll results:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Results:
30% Yes (24 YES)
70% No (54 NO)
(Old, Initial Poll - even so in this poll, there is not so much of a large sample size - 78 people)
19% Yes (24 YES)
81% No (104 NO)
(New Pol - featured in this thread - updated - larger sample size - 128 people)

The new poll saw an increase of (50 people) 64.1% of voters since the last poll. The results have also tipped themselves farther in favor of throwing the server out. (30% -> 19% (NO));

These figures have changed after the community has had time to appraise the server, and its clearly not an addition we would like to keep as a whole if it limits Zarp adding another server in place of it. (*)

Once again, I personally believe this suggestion was made that so when a new server has the chance to arise, the murder server will be dumped in sacrifice of a new server. (*) There's no reason to remove a perfectly working, however somewhat dead, server when there's no need or problem with it.
  • loxeo
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • how do you do?
  • Thanks received: 240
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by loxeo. Reason: shittypo
The following user(s) said Thank You: smo, Blocked, Denis, Red_

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #727437

Smo wrote:
Rachul wrote:
There's still about 25 people which is enough to keep a server alive. While it's not as popular as Prophunt; it's still a gamemode that has around 10-15 players on average, which is a decent number. And as long as the owners wants to keep developing the server i think it's fair that they should get to do it as they worked really hard on something most people aren't capable of doing ^^.

I'm sorry but where are you getting this information from? 25 players what the fuck?

I meant 25 as it's peak (even though it's been higher than that). I specified that it had 10-15 on average but you choose to ignore that simple statement. You are clearly not mature enough to be a server owner nor should you suggest it ^-^
  • Rachul
  • Fresh Boarder
  • What has been done cannot be undone
  • Thanks received: 3
Contact me to get me a signature ^^

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #727438

Rachul wrote:
Smo wrote:
Rachul wrote:

I meant 25 as it's peak (even though it's been higher than that). I specified that it had 10-15 on average but you choose to ignore that simple statement. You are clearly not mature enough to be a server owner nor should you suggest it ^-^
Well firstly misreading a post does not directly correlate with ability to own a server or maturity for that matter and on top of that if you actually read the thread you could see that he doesn't suggest becoming a server owner anyways so your point is both wrong and unnecessary.

However once again we are derailing the thread, I think all the main points for or against the removal/replacement of murder have been stated and explained so at this point its just up to the community and community team to reach an ultimatum on what should happen with murder so hopefully we can stop derailing the thread and revert focus back to the main topic.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1369
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Denis.

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #727587

Rachul wrote:
Smo wrote:
Rachul wrote:

You bring up such irrelevant and bs stuff, "not mature to own a server" bitch please? me owning a server is my last dream out of the 1000's to come. Also how am I not mature too suggest something? I feel like I have acted in a mature manner to all the people who have defended the murder server and repeated them-self over and over again. no one joins this community and messes with big smo in 1 day
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by smo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #727977

bump1
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #727979

yes please
  • RhysA
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • chad
  • Thanks received: 565

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 6 months ago #727981

death to all murder servers!
  • Jonsey
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Kissing Girls is GEI
  • Thanks received: 93

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 5 months ago #728412

:plussp: dead server :zarp: :zarp: :zarp:
  • MINI NINJA
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • #clarky for user
  • Thanks received: 58

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 5 months ago #728419

This thread is bullying Xnator
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3318
The following user(s) said Thank You: Indiana Jones, Wolfi

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 5 months ago #728421

Was it bullying the old csgo owners when there server got deleted :O or the mine craft owners :O
  • MINI NINJA
  • Senior Boarder
  • #clarky for user
  • Thanks received: 58

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 5 months ago #728424

MINI NINJA wrote:
Was it bullying the old csgo owners when there server got deleted :O or the mine craft owners :O
Because the owners had resigned therefore their server got shut down, learn some facts before you speak you nonce
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9543

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 5 months ago #728427

Clarky wrote:
MINI NINJA wrote:
Because the owners had resigned therefore their server got shut down, learn some facts before you speak you nonce

Just go look at the other comments he’s posted in the past you will feel sorry for him lol he’s in the urrr duurr scale.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3318

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 5 months ago #728428

RedPowder wrote:
Clarky wrote:
MINI NINJA wrote:

Just go look at the other comments he’s posted in the past you will feel sorry for him lol he’s in the urrr duurr scale.
Sounds normal to me :p
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9543

Getting rid of the murder server 6 years 5 months ago #728596

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

I understand your points. Although what i am trying to say is that it is not worth replacing the Murder Server at the momment. We can always improve it. I know it's boring for some people and the majority of the community would like something else. But everytime i check the top gamemodes on Gmod these are the results:

1. Dark RP (Zarp has 3 servers there)
2. Star Wars RP
3. TTT (Zarp has 1 server there)
4. Sandbox
5. Mili RP
6. Zombie Survival
7. Breach
8. SCP RP
9. Cinema
10. Murder (Zarp has 1 server there)

So we should see what the majority of the Gmod players prefer playing other than asking the players in the Community. One of you mentioned business. Don't you think that Zarp would get many new players and would earn so much with their VIP purchases if we had the most successful server in one of these categories? But, if i make a poll for example for a new SWRP server (because most of ZARP players are SSRP players) the vote would be 90% No and 10% yes or something. But if it got accepted we would definitely get many new members since it's the 2nd most played gamemode. Murder is most of the times in the top 10 gamemodes and that's why Xnator decided to try and make one. Also if you were suggesting replacing Murder with a gamemode like the ones above, i wouldn't disagree. But most of you suggest and want a JB server. JB gamemode is usually not even in the top 15 gamemodes. What makes you think it will have more new players and will be more successful than Murder currently is?

This post should have been more specific. I am trying to say to SMO that instead of proposing the removal of a Server, he should bring up some other ideas for it to be replaced with.
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Johnler.
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

146 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32