Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Stricter On Hacking

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #669096

Raeker wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
Yeah but is there any actual reasoning for making it a kick first then a ban?
Yes, a "Two strikes and you're out" system. When you get kicked you're made aware that hacking isn't allowed in any way shape or form on our servers. It's their chance to change their actions and turn off their hacks. Failure to do so results in a permaban on the servers.
That's just stupid, if you mass rdm and LTAP you don't get warned so that you know you aren't meant to do it, you get banned so why should it be different for something more severe like hacking?
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1369
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #669099

RealDenis wrote:
Raeker wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
Yeah but is there any actual reasoning for making it a kick first then a ban?
Yes, a "Two strikes and you're out" system. When you get kicked you're made aware that hacking isn't allowed in any way shape or form on our servers. It's their chance to change their actions and turn off their hacks. Failure to do so results in a permaban on the servers.
That's just stupid, if you mass rdm and LTAP you don't get warned so that you know you aren't meant to do it, you get banned so why should it be different for something more severe like hacking?
Hacking and LTAP (if we have proof of it) will also get you banned, as you failed to listen to the staff member approaching you.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #669100

Raeker wrote:
AA RFLeX wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:

Ban on GTA = No access to the game
Ban on Zarp = Access to 10.000 Other Servers
Every time an account gets banned on GTA the company makes 60 dollars.

Not to mention that all bans on GTA happen automatically while on Zarp the Lead Team has to put alot of their time to catch someone.
Isn't that an argument for ZARP's policy? What would you rather have, the current system or a system where you can "buy" your way back into the game?

Also, "Ban on Zarp = Access to 10.000 Other Servers" isn't exactly a valid argument either. We're assuming that the people that play on our servers play ZARP because they like it more than the other servers.

? Why does it have to be one of both? Zarp makes no profit off someone who buys Garrys Mod to evade a ban. Why cant there be an insta ban and ban on alts?

Lets not talk about the ability to appeal your ban at any time you want and as many times you want while in others games appealing a perma ban is not possible.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #669101

Blocked wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:
Grand Wizowd wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:
Highly Zero Tolerance.

Yup very strict less strict than ZARP though. As remember under their policy cheating bans are per account not per person so you are allowed to buy a new account and access the game immediately with no need to appeal or wait.

On matchmaking definitely, if Valve were to hunt down every person who buys a new account after getting VAC Banned it would be a very tough situation for them, they have no ban evasion policy because of how huge the playerbase is and how hard it is to detect someone evading a ban, unlike GMod, or ZARP.

Let's take a different example, how about the 3rd party services for CS:GO, those that are considered more serious because they have better anti-cheat, better tickrate, so on.

ESEA:
  • Cheating:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

• Ban Evasion

FACEIT:
  • Cheating:

• Ban Evasion

My point is, I believe that the only reason Valve has no policy against buying new accounts to evade a ban is that it would be a very, very tough job for them, unlike the ZARP servers.

Good point but it's not true unfortunately. Valve already has this technology and routinely and easily links accounts to the same person in order to detect spam accounts, fraud, abuse and much more. It could easily be integrated to stop VAC banned players re-buying their game. But they don't do it because it would be absolutely ludicrous. Players do deserve another chance you know after all it is just a game.
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5058
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blocked, Raeker

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #669107

Chuteuk wrote:
Blocked wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:
Grand Wizowd wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:
Highly Zero Tolerance.

Yup very strict less strict than ZARP though. As remember under their policy cheating bans are per account not per person so you are allowed to buy a new account and access the game immediately with no need to appeal or wait.

On matchmaking definitely, if Valve were to hunt down every person who buys a new account after getting VAC Banned it would be a very tough situation for them, they have no ban evasion policy because of how huge the playerbase is and how hard it is to detect someone evading a ban, unlike GMod, or ZARP.

Let's take a different example, how about the 3rd party services for CS:GO, those that are considered more serious because they have better anti-cheat, better tickrate, so on.

ESEA:
  • Cheating:

• Ban Evasion

FACEIT:
  • Cheating:

• Ban Evasion

My point is, I believe that the only reason Valve has no policy against buying new accounts to evade a ban is that it would be a very, very tough job for them, unlike the ZARP servers.

Good point but it's not true unfortunately. Valve already has this technology and routinely and easily links accounts to the same person in order to detect spam accounts, fraud, abuse and much more. It could easily be integrated to stop VAC banned players re-buying their game. But they don't do it because it would be absolutely ludicrous. Players do deserve another chance you know after all it is just a game.
Yes they give you the ability to play on VAC insecure servers.

And thats the reason Valve created Prime Matchmaking
VAC bans will be applied to all accounts sharing a phone number at the time of the infraction. Accounts that do not own the game the VAC ban is for will still receive a VAC ban and won't be able to purchase the game moving forward.

The phone number on the VAC banned account(s) will be suspended for three months and cannot be added to another account during this time. If the phone number is later added to an account that receives a VAC ban, the duration of its suspension will be extended.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #669110

To be honest, I feel yall are a little to lenient. Like literally I was in the Revolt TS channel one day and there were like 3 kids talking about hacking and shit. The one kid said he bought something called citizen hack and that the servers anticheat never catches it, and he was trying to convince whoever else was in the channel to buy it as well.. The leniency that goes on is why bad eggs like Jochs (Blessed be his memory as he was taken from us in the events of charlottesville) come back to the server to hack on alt accounts.

Personal opinion on what the bans should be like is the following:
1. If you're caught instant 6 month ban.
1.2. You can appeal this ban; however, it can only be lowered to 3 months.
2. If you are caught after your ban expires, instant permaban,
2.2. You can appeal this ban; however, it can only be lowered to one year.
3. If caught permanent after your ban expires permaban
3.3. No appealing this one, go fuck yourself.

I feel that'd be a pretty full proof system as there is no "immediate unban". This could serve as a decent way to have the player learn their lesson, if you will. Now at a glance this may seem a little absurd, because why let someone who creates a negative environment and causes problems for players, my only answer to that is myself. Everyone deserves another chance no matter how bad they mess up. I've been CM banned from ZARP maybe 3 or 4 times and here I am now, I'd like to think I'm a relatively productive member of the community since my return a few weeks ago.
  • Getzco
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 299

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #669112

Getzco wrote:
To be honest, I feel yall are a little to lenient. Like literally I was in the Revolt TS channel one day and there were like 3 kids talking about hacking and shit. The one kid said he bought something called citizen hack and that the servers anticheat never catches it, and he was trying to convince whoever else was in the channel to buy it as well.
The next time you're in a channel like that poke a Teamspeak staff member immediately. Promotion of hacks isn't allowed anywhere within the community and can get users banned.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #669139

Getzco wrote:
To be honest, I feel yall are a little to lenient. Like literally I was in the Revolt TS channel one day and there were like 3 kids talking about hacking and shit. The one kid said he bought something called -snip- and that the servers anticheat never catches it, and he was trying to convince whoever else was in the channel to buy it as well.

And you did not think of reporting this to a lead team member? Lol gg
  • Roy Harper
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • someone stole my legendary member
  • Thanks received: 1950

»Ex-DarkRP HeadAdmin«
»Ex-TeamSpeak3 Staff«
»Ex-Appeals Section Mod«
»Ex-Jailbreak Moderator«
»Ex-Bhop Moderator«