Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Stricter On Hacking

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #668930

SoraJS wrote:
Raeker wrote:
The hacking policy is already extremely strict, stricter than most other games do it. The only issue is the fact that we can't always catch them.

So what would this change, exactly? We would instantly perma ban hackers that we catch, dissallowing them from playing on our servers whilst making them feel like shitty people whilst not actually cutting down on the amount of hackers there are.

The hacking policy is fine as it is. Banning the second time we catch them is the best way to ensure a good opportunity for all parties involved.

And for those that say that the investigative work is too much work, you're absolutely disgusting. Since when do we cut down on our safe relations with the users because we can't be bothered to do our job?
Putting in the work isn't the issue for us, it's the people who know how to get around these things and ruin people's experiences for the longest time while lying about it the whole time. They get a get out of jail free card the first go then could easily repeat it again if they know what they did wrong. I was speaking about the small % of hackers who do come on, not the others. It's more of I don't believe the people who purposely evade it for the longest time while lying through it all should get this get out of jail free card when it comes to hacking and ruining a good amount of people's experience during it all while they know very well what they are causing and how it affects people.
From that perspective I do understand why you'd believe a change to be needed. Personally I believe it's fine the way it is and that even if we do change it nothing will actually change except for a couple of very pissed off hackers. Which, depending on how you look at it, isn't even such a bad thing.

I just don't see how this change would affect hackers or stop people from hacking. The only thing stopping them now is the anticheat.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #668932

Raeker wrote:
SoraJS wrote:
Raeker wrote:
The hacking policy is already extremely strict, stricter than most other games do it. The only issue is the fact that we can't always catch them.

So what would this change, exactly? We would instantly perma ban hackers that we catch, dissallowing them from playing on our servers whilst making them feel like shitty people whilst not actually cutting down on the amount of hackers there are.

The hacking policy is fine as it is. Banning the second time we catch them is the best way to ensure a good opportunity for all parties involved.

And for those that say that the investigative work is too much work, you're absolutely disgusting. Since when do we cut down on our safe relations with the users because we can't be bothered to do our job?
Putting in the work isn't the issue for us, it's the people who know how to get around these things and ruin people's experiences for the longest time while lying about it the whole time. They get a get out of jail free card the first go then could easily repeat it again if they know what they did wrong. I was speaking about the small % of hackers who do come on, not the others. It's more of I don't believe the people who purposely evade it for the longest time while lying through it all should get this get out of jail free card when it comes to hacking and ruining a good amount of people's experience during it all while they know very well what they are causing and how it affects people.
From that perspective I do understand why you'd believe a change to be needed. Personally I believe it's fine the way it is and that even if we do change it nothing will actually change except for a couple of very pissed off hackers. Which, depending on how you look at it, isn't even such a bad thing.

I just don't see how this change would affect hackers or stop people from hacking. The only thing stopping them now is the anticheat.
It's much more harder to detect the newer cheats nowadays, and the fact that people will only get a kick is like a slap on the wrist to not do it again although they had already ruined many in-game experiences for quite a while in some cases is just ridiculous.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9544

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #668933

Raeker wrote:
SoraJS wrote:
Raeker wrote:

The fact that people will be more scared to use a cheat due to the harsh consequences will defenitely lower the chance of someone cheating.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blocked

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #668935

AA RFLeX wrote:
Raeker wrote:
SoraJS wrote:
Raeker wrote:

The fact that people will be more scared to use a cheat due to the harsh consequences will defenitely lower the chance of someone cheating.
But currently we're also already quite harsh against hackers. You get two strikes: a kick and then a ban. That's already quite harsh - the only thing stopping us is the fact that the anticheat doesn't always catch the hack.
  • Raeker

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #668936

Raeker wrote:
AA RFLeX wrote:
Raeker wrote:
SoraJS wrote:
Raeker wrote:

But currently we're also already quite harsh against hackers. You get two strikes: a kick and then a ban. That's already quite harsh - the only thing stopping us is the fact that the anticheat doesn't always catch the hack.
So what you are basically saying is that if someone hacks and gets permanently banned is harsh? Stop comparing every hacking situation with GTA's hacking policy. Their policy highly profits their company as players will have to pay more and more for new accounts. Why dont you compare our policy with GMOD's official VAC policy where it bans users permanently when caught using cheats?
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #668938

Stop comparing every hacking situation with GTA's hacking policy.

He's trying to impress Chute by quoting what he always says, how else do you get head admin in this community lols
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Marcooo

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #668940

Aspect wrote:
Stop comparing every hacking situation with GTA's hacking policy.

He's trying to impress Chute by quoting what he always says, how else do you get head admin in this community lols

By doing good shit?
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #668943

You say we are harsh?

What the fuck you go on any others server and get perma banned LOL
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3800

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #668947

Don't even understand why people even are thinking about giving a hacker a second chance; you can hack for 4 days straight, laugh about it on the forums and act like an idiot and still only have a kick on your rap sheet.

Perma ban a hacker, this works amazing for other communities as one it keeps the troll hackers away (randoms joining the server) and still gives the actual players who are "sorry" for hacking a second chance after a few months (as we know people get un-perma banned all the time).
  • Zarp Trusted
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • its mango
  • Thanks received: 847

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #668948

dont compare pls
  • VeGoVeVO
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 305
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marcooo

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #668955

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
You say we are harsh?

On other servers you get permabanned the moment you headshot anyone. Not sure if that's really the kind of policy we want.
  • Raeker

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #669025

Ye
  • Nate
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Bigwhal Gaming
  • Thanks received: 501
Former Bhop Admin
Former SSRP Admin
Former TTT Admin
Former Surf Admin
Former Deathrun Admin
Former Prophunt Mod
Former Murder Admin

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #669032

I think we've found something we can agree on ;)

:plussp: any day of the week.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4289

ex-dog LT member on many servers

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #669036

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
You say we are harsh?

For example (im not promoting them for once, just the first example i could think of) perpheads just permabans with no chance of appeal, and they don't NEED anticheat evidence to ban. Senior administration review the videos presented to them and make a decision based on the nature of it.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4289

ex-dog LT member on many servers

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #669041

sorle wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
You say we are harsh?

For example (im not promoting them for once, just the first example i could think of) perpheads just permabans with no chance of appeal, and they don't NEED anticheat evidence to ban. Senior administration review the videos presented to them and make a decision based on the nature of it.
Just so you're aware, since the latest change in the hacking policy video evidence can also be a valid reason to punish someone for hacking. However it does have to be brought up in the Lead Team meeting and voted on, which means that it might take days if not a week before the hacker is taken care of.
  • Raeker

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #669060

• Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5058
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Chuteuk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy Harper, Raeker

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #669062

Chuteuk wrote:
Gta is shit.

No forum ban plox
  • TimeForPug
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1213

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #669067

• Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #669069

Chuteuk wrote:
Highly Zero Tolerance.
  • Nafe
  • Thanks received: 11872

[SSRP] Stricter On Hacking 6 years 8 months ago #669070

Grand Wizowd wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:
Highly Zero Tolerance.

Yup very strict less strict than ZARP though. As remember under their policy cheating bans are per account not per person so you are allowed to buy a new account and access the game immediately with no need to appeal or wait.
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

319 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
19/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun