Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Suggestion Reallowing Scamming

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 10 months ago #587596

this poll makes no sense.
Its an extremely biased poll.
Where you try to sway the people to vote for one option and not the other.

So trying to re add a rule with a biast poll is getting you no where.
i Suggest you make a new poll where you are not biast so you can see the real results.
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172
The topic has been locked.

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 10 months ago #587597

I agree with this suggestion, but I feel as if deals made while the scamming rule was enforced should also come under the rule.

For example, I'm owed 200m currently under the scamming rule. If this rule is changed again, he would still be required to pay me due to the fact that the deal took place under the protection of the scamming rule. However, any further deals will not be protected by it.

Keep in mind, I've been scammed for over 700m in cash and items, but I still feel that it is a part of RP.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by SorIe.

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 10 months ago #587615

Has Zarp always been like this?
Everything always gets this kind of reaction and try to make this biased stuff?

Just the "Potential Issues/Exploits: Newbies complain" part says it all. I was a newbie, you were a newbie, the SAs were once newbies... If you understand that new players will not like a rule, it means older players just eventually grew used to it. More than 50% of who's online on the server right now is not on the forums and we never required them to be, pretty sure 80% of those online right now would vote to keep this rule.

It's not RP, it's abusing someone. Just because it can happen in real life, doesn't mean it's allowed as RP, that's such a basic argument... I mean, I can kill someone on the street, doesn't mean we allow RDM.

Those who say this happens in real life so it's RP don't even give 10 seconds of consideration into the matter to ull understand how they are shooting their own point down. If someone says they want to pay 100 for X and they pay 10 and leave, that's illegal. You can go to the proper authorities, so in Zarp, it makes sense you can make a F1 about it. Mugging happens IRL and also happens in game, but you can't go "/me Mugging you for 10m, drop it or die". There must be limit to the RP situations and scamming isn't a job, it's not a function of a job, in Gangster description does it say "Raid/mug: Yes, Print: Yes, Scam: Yes"?, it should've been a rule from the beginning.

Everyone here keeps saying "they were dumb if they got scammed" and that's what's wrong with virtuality, I'd love to see someone here just go up to someone IRL who lost it all and say those same words instead of trying and helping them.

(inb4 someone comes creating unnecessary drama, no, I've never been scammed, people can have opinions without saltiness)

:minussp:
  • Archick
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 207

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 10 months ago #587927

ParaMontana wrote:
this poll makes no sense.
Its an extremely biased poll.
Where you try to sway the people to vote for one option and not the other.

So trying to re add a rule with a biast poll is getting you no where.
i Suggest you make a new poll where you are not biast so you can see the real results.

I will have to disagree there. It's not an official poll, it's a suggestion. A suggestion mean I can state my opinion, my ideas and my arguments to it. It also means that others can state theirs which i fully respect as long as it includes decent arguments. However if I was the owner making this poll i would make it as neutral as possible for both sides.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by catboy sven ツ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pigskin

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 10 months ago #587930

Archick wrote:

Just the "Potential Issues/Exploits: Newbies complain" part says it all. I was a newbie, you were a newbie, the SAs were once newbies... If you understand that new players will not like a rule, it means older players just eventually grew used to it. More than 50% of who's online on the server right now is not on the forums and we never required them to be, pretty sure 80% of those online right now would vote to keep this rule.

It's not RP, it's abusing someone. Just because it can happen in real life, doesn't mean it's allowed as RP, that's such a basic argument... I mean, I can kill someone on the street, doesn't mean we allow RDM.

Those who say this happens in real life so it's RP don't even give 10 seconds of consideration into the matter to ull understand how they are shooting their own point down. If someone says they want to pay 100 for X and they pay 10 and leave, that's illegal. You can go to the proper authorities, so in Zarp, it makes sense you can make a F1 about it. Mugging happens IRL and also happens in game, but you can't go "/me Mugging you for 10m, drop it or die". There must be limit to the RP situations and scamming isn't a job, it's not a function of a job, in Gangster description does it say "Raid/mug: Yes, Print: Yes, Scam: Yes"?, it should've been a rule from the beginning.

Everyone here keeps saying "they were dumb if they got scammed" and that's what's wrong with virtuality, I'd love to see someone here just go up to someone IRL who lost it all and say those same words instead of trying and helping them.

(inb4 someone comes creating unnecessary drama, no, I've never been scammed, people can have opinions without saltiness)

It's called Semi-Serious for a reason
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 10 months ago #587931

Was surprised when the rule was added, despite never doing it myself scamming is a nice way to make money and removing the rule will make staffing much easier.
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • emotionally attracted to chuteuk
  • Thanks received: 1148

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 10 months ago #587936

Archick wrote:

Yes I think scamming has been a thing ever since Zarp was born as I can recall it.

Either way I won't reply to everything you say cause it's more about personal preference in the end but you're comparing scamming to killing someone which is kinda stupid. It's nothing like shoting someone. The world isn't a dance on flowers and you should be careful with what you do that's all i'm trying to say.

I don't agree scamming with the use of exploits but for example giving 1m instead of 10m and the other tradesman not paying attention should be his fault. Why would you ever make a rule about that? It's a game mechanic and if we are making rules about such a minor thing why not add rules against everything else that's annoying about ssrp?
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

The following user(s) said Thank You: pigskin

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 10 months ago #587954

Aspect wrote:
Archick wrote:

Yes I think scamming has been a thing ever since Zarp was born as I can recall it.

Either way I won't reply to everything you say cause it's more about personal preference in the end but you're comparing scamming to killing someone which is kinda stupid. It's nothing like shoting someone. The world isn't a dance on flowers and you should be careful with what you do that's all i'm trying to say.

I don't agree scamming with the use of exploits but for example giving 1m instead of 10m and the other tradesman not paying attention should be his fault. Why would you ever make a rule about that? It's a game mechanic and if we are making rules about such a minor thing why not add rules against everything else that's annoying about ssrp?

Scamming is all about taking advantage of others mistakes

pretty sure thats what the rest of darkrp is about anyway, yes it feels like shit when it happens to you but just like raiding when you manage it then you deserve the rewards that come with it.
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • emotionally attracted to chuteuk
  • Thanks received: 1148
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by KapiJam.

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 10 months ago #587973

No-one is scared to lend items any more, no-one is afraid to gamble because they know that it will be fair (atleast in the case of /roll) and it just seems like a rule that protects people for no real reason; if they get scammed they get scammed, its part of RP.
  • Zarp Trusted
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • its mango
  • Thanks received: 847

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 10 months ago #587974

:support:
  • Wonky
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • unbothered
  • Thanks received: 574

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 10 months ago #587975

Jenga wrote:
No-one is scared to lend items any more, no-one is afraid to gamble because they know that it will be fair (atleast in the case of /roll) and it just seems like a rule that protects people for no real reason; if they get scammed they get scammed, its part of RP.

Scamming happens all the time on the market where some guy mixing cups with a coin in it or whatever, that's another way of looking at it.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 10 months ago #587991

When Chute and I were talking about this in the last few weeks, he made a simple straight forward argument that I don't think anyone could argue against. Who enjoys being scammed? Simple anwser nobody. Nobody enjoys losing their hard earned items to some shady sleaze bag. The game at the end of the day should be about having fun and not having to constantly be worrying about someone manipulating you and stealing your stuff. With the rule added it allows the adminstration team to not only punish the scammers but also return scammed items to their right full owners. This process can always be streamlined going forward as we add better commands to these types of situation. But we won't know until we give it a shot. Considering the rule has just been added I don't think removing it now would do any good. I really do think removing scaming will allow all players to enjoy their experiences that much more.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by EMP.
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

289 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop