Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Suggestion Reallowing Scamming

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587313

Server Name: Among all SSRP Servers.

Suggestion Title: Removing the Antiscam rule

How would it benefit the server: Making it more interesting and unique.

Potential Issues/Exploits: Newbies complain.

Additional notes:

Alright so basically I love the scamming drama. I really loved how unique Zarp was by allowing scamming. It's realistic and something that happens in real life. Being scammed sucks and you will probably smash your keyboard once or twice but the next day you just can't get a hold of yourself and you just have to come back to the server and grind back from what you previously lost the other day.

Being scammed creates rivalry amongst each other. It's one of the many things that made Zarp what it is today. Scamming has been allowed for as long as I can remember. Scamming is something that could be really dangerous on servers but Zarp made it work, just cause you lose a thundergun doesn't mean you have to grind a month to get it back. And if you do lose the majority of your items grinding back up is incredible addictive. There needs to be alot of ways to lose your stuff otherwise your inventory will be full in no time and you will run out of reasons to play.

I have good memories of scamming people for orbs and it gave me a kick back then. I also have bad memories of getting scammed and it pissed me off badly but never was it something that made me quit, and I think that most others wouldn't quit either if they got scammed for something expensive as long as it's not everything they own which is highly unusual.

tldr; rules are shit and it removes all fun, scamming should be reinvented cause of memes like scamforce that gives us all a good laughter
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by catboy sven ツ.
The topic has been locked.

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587320

Moved for you man!
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 11215

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587321

1. Can't vote on poll;
2. Fuck no :lol:
  • Archick
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 207

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587322

oh yeah i always forget that thx
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587324

Archick wrote:
1. Can't vote on poll;

how the fuck do i make it work LOL, first time using it cause chute taught me how important it is

edit: nvm i forgot to set a date...

edit2: how dare u vote no on my poll without a reason, i should spank you!
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587325

Aspect wrote:
Archick wrote:
1. Can't vote on poll;

how the fuck do i make it work LOL, first time using it cause chute taught me how important it is

edit: nvm i forgot to set a date...

It seems to be working now, 50-50 me and you :whistle:
  • Archick
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587373

Re-allow scamming so all the people stupid enough to fool for silly tricks lose the items they deserved to lose! Hey it's natural selection, what can I say?
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 11863

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587377

What was the reason for it being removed? it should and was classed as an rp situation for a long time. Trading out of game items and scamming for boosters/viip is fully understandable. But if you get scammed it's your own fault, YES it is indeed a dick move to scam someone and ruin that persons day but at the end of the day, it's your fault for not being careful. Not everyone is a good guy and you should always pay close attention when trading expensive items.

Also what's the punishment, and how do you get the proof? does EVERY trade need a fucking middleman now? What if you don't get proof? what if someone tells you they want to sell their hyper suit for 50m for example, then record it and cut out the part where you say you want to sell it for 50m then gett them banned?
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-
  • Thanks received: 905

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587538

I fully agree what you said there Bazaraxe. By adding a scamming not allowed rule only creates more diverse situations and work for the current staff members and since 90% of them probably won't have any video evidence it's just blatantly useless to even have anything like it.

It also sucks seeing eager people voting no just cause they're affraid of being scammed. Of course I wouldn't prefer to be scammed but that doesn't make it a bad thing. If you compare it to Rust where as you have little to no rules: You can get raided, backstabbed, killed while farming, scammed etc. This creates the whole Rust itself and it is what most people appreciate with the game. Same with Zarp, of course you would vote no but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing having more mechanics. At the end of the day the more rules a server has the less stuff is there to do.

So i hope the remaining people voting will vote based on what they think will help the server in general rather themselves.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587540

I feel like it should be back. If they can't pay attention to little details then rip items
  • Red_
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Shoreline Mafia
  • Thanks received: 676

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587541

Bring back scam lord Hellforce!
voted yes
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587548

Studio Banter wrote:
Bring back scam lord Hellforce!
voted yes

more like scamforce hehehe
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

The following user(s) said Thank You: Studio Banter

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587579

I'm... neutral on this one. Because I can see both sides of the issue. Just gonna drop a couple of arguments for both sides.

NEGATIVE

I think a lot of people complain about scamming because there's a lot of hard work that goes into getting items and having them suddenly taken off of you by someone who isn't planning on doing that work or even a player who clearly has experience and is just looking to troll is a little off-putting. Scamming scares players away from the server because they get scammed and then feel the need to leave because of the experience. I'm not saying players don't come back. A good amount do come back, just because they get over it. But some don't.

I've had F1s where players wanted to complain about a player scamming them before this new rule was implemented. We tell them scamming is allowed, they throw a fit and leave. You can talk about it being natural selection all you like, and how dumb players are for falling for it - but remember, some scams can be very elaborate, and intricately planned so they don't look like scams until it's too late to stop it. Scammers and hustlers are smart. Some of them will wait until they become the person's close friend, and then scam them because they know the person will have their guard lowered by that point.
It's not as black and white as you think it is.

POSITIVES

The other side of this is scamming adds to the realism of the roleplay. Scamming is something that wasn't allowed if it was for real money, but 100% allowed if it was for in-game items, because the person would learn a valuable lesson about trust and identifying that not all deals are as bulletproof and brilliant as they seem to be. Scamming has helped a few players wise up to the RP they're in, and because ZARP was so unique to allow item scamming in the first place; more people flocked here because they felt as though it was a bit more "hardcore" in a sense.

There's a certain appeal to be found in something as taboo as scamming. Something that shouldn't be done; but is anyway.
The appeal is that knowing that you can get away with something like this for the small price of your reputation (that's a small price for some people on the server, apparently) is actually pretty exciting. It can get players feeling like the server offers more freedom.

I won't be voting as I don't really know how I feel about scamming. Sure, it adds something to the RP, but I also feel like it's ruined a lot of people's reputation on this server and makes trusting people that much harder.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587583

:minussp: Fuck NO!
  • The Flash
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Resigned SSRP Admin
  • Thanks received: 163

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587588

:plussp:
fuck this rule.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587596

this poll makes no sense.
Its an extremely biased poll.
Where you try to sway the people to vote for one option and not the other.

So trying to re add a rule with a biast poll is getting you no where.
i Suggest you make a new poll where you are not biast so you can see the real results.
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587597

I agree with this suggestion, but I feel as if deals made while the scamming rule was enforced should also come under the rule.

For example, I'm owed 200m currently under the scamming rule. If this rule is changed again, he would still be required to pay me due to the fact that the deal took place under the protection of the scamming rule. However, any further deals will not be protected by it.

Keep in mind, I've been scammed for over 700m in cash and items, but I still feel that it is a part of RP.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4289

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by SorIe.

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587615

Has Zarp always been like this?
Everything always gets this kind of reaction and try to make this biased stuff?

Just the "Potential Issues/Exploits: Newbies complain" part says it all. I was a newbie, you were a newbie, the SAs were once newbies... If you understand that new players will not like a rule, it means older players just eventually grew used to it. More than 50% of who's online on the server right now is not on the forums and we never required them to be, pretty sure 80% of those online right now would vote to keep this rule.

It's not RP, it's abusing someone. Just because it can happen in real life, doesn't mean it's allowed as RP, that's such a basic argument... I mean, I can kill someone on the street, doesn't mean we allow RDM.

Those who say this happens in real life so it's RP don't even give 10 seconds of consideration into the matter to ull understand how they are shooting their own point down. If someone says they want to pay 100 for X and they pay 10 and leave, that's illegal. You can go to the proper authorities, so in Zarp, it makes sense you can make a F1 about it. Mugging happens IRL and also happens in game, but you can't go "/me Mugging you for 10m, drop it or die". There must be limit to the RP situations and scamming isn't a job, it's not a function of a job, in Gangster description does it say "Raid/mug: Yes, Print: Yes, Scam: Yes"?, it should've been a rule from the beginning.

Everyone here keeps saying "they were dumb if they got scammed" and that's what's wrong with virtuality, I'd love to see someone here just go up to someone IRL who lost it all and say those same words instead of trying and helping them.

(inb4 someone comes creating unnecessary drama, no, I've never been scammed, people can have opinions without saltiness)

:minussp:
  • Archick
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587927

ParaMontana wrote:
this poll makes no sense.
Its an extremely biased poll.
Where you try to sway the people to vote for one option and not the other.

So trying to re add a rule with a biast poll is getting you no where.
i Suggest you make a new poll where you are not biast so you can see the real results.

I will have to disagree there. It's not an official poll, it's a suggestion. A suggestion mean I can state my opinion, my ideas and my arguments to it. It also means that others can state theirs which i fully respect as long as it includes decent arguments. However if I was the owner making this poll i would make it as neutral as possible for both sides.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

The following user(s) said Thank You: pigskin

Suggestion Reallowing Scamming 6 years 9 months ago #587930

Archick wrote:
Has Zarp always been like this?
Everything always gets this kind of reaction and try to make this biased stuff?

Just the "Potential Issues/Exploits: Newbies complain" part says it all. I was a newbie, you were a newbie, the SAs were once newbies... If you understand that new players will not like a rule, it means older players just eventually grew used to it. More than 50% of who's online on the server right now is not on the forums and we never required them to be, pretty sure 80% of those online right now would vote to keep this rule.

It's not RP, it's abusing someone. Just because it can happen in real life, doesn't mean it's allowed as RP, that's such a basic argument... I mean, I can kill someone on the street, doesn't mean we allow RDM.

Those who say this happens in real life so it's RP don't even give 10 seconds of consideration into the matter to ull understand how they are shooting their own point down. If someone says they want to pay 100 for X and they pay 10 and leave, that's illegal. You can go to the proper authorities, so in Zarp, it makes sense you can make a F1 about it. Mugging happens IRL and also happens in game, but you can't go "/me Mugging you for 10m, drop it or die". There must be limit to the RP situations and scamming isn't a job, it's not a function of a job, in Gangster description does it say "Raid/mug: Yes, Print: Yes, Scam: Yes"?, it should've been a rule from the beginning.

Everyone here keeps saying "they were dumb if they got scammed" and that's what's wrong with virtuality, I'd love to see someone here just go up to someone IRL who lost it all and say those same words instead of trying and helping them.

(inb4 someone comes creating unnecessary drama, no, I've never been scammed, people can have opinions without saltiness)

:minussp:
It's called Semi-Serious for a reason
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:
  • Page:
Moderators: Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds