Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Should the rule be implemented back?

TOPIC: [DR] Leeching Rule

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571680

Server Name: Deathrun

Suggestion Title: Bring back Leeching Rule

How would it benefit the server: It never caused problems in the good ol' 2014

Potential Issues/Exploits: nein

Additional notes:
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Studio Banter.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, Bazaraxe, Nate

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571683

Was about to post this, but now that the legend himself has I don't think I need to. Yes please, I can't stand leeching not being a rule anymore. :support:
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-
  • Thanks received: 905

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Bazaraxe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studio Banter

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571684

I wasn't here when it was removed but unless there is some important reason then why not
  • 2spooky4me
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex-Deathrun Admin and SSRP Mod
  • Thanks received: 76

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571685

Bringing back the leeching rule isn't a good idea as there is no point. This is because there a lack of clarity over what the leeching rule is. Some people think it is where you wait for other people to finish the map and purposefully staying alive whereas some think the rule is actually where you are the last person alive and you are delaying the round.
  • Dezmond
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • El Autismo
  • Thanks received: 252
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Dezmond.

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571687

amen, walrus.

goodluck!
  • Newdude
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 737
Ex - Deathrun SuperAdmin
Ex - Jailbreak SuperAdmin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571688

I would like to know why it was removed in the first place tbh. :plussp:
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571689

The whole reason it was removed was due to the fact staff never enforced it back when it was added. The leeching rule is always misunderstood by staff and players as well. Leeching is something that is unavoidable.
  • Pitt
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 270
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dezmond

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571690

Dezmond wrote:
Bringing back the leeching rule isn't a good idea as there is no point. This is because there a lack of clarity over what the leeching rule is. Some people think it is where you wait for other people to finish the map and purposefully staying alive. Infact the rule is actually where you are the last person alive and you are delaying the round.

The rule is that you don't try to help trigger traps and therefore let the others do the work.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571693

Studio Banter wrote:
Dezmond wrote:
Bringing back the leeching rule isn't a good idea as there is no point. This is because there a lack of clarity over what the leeching rule is. Some people think it is where you wait for other people to finish the map and purposefully staying alive. Infact the rule is actually where you are the last person alive and you are delaying the round.

The rule is that you don't try to help trigger traps and therefore let the others do the work.
I know this and you know this but as Pitt stated there are some staff and players who don't fully understand the rule and is fairly unavoidable.
  • Dezmond
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • El Autismo
  • Thanks received: 252

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571694

This is a good idea and all but it is hard to choose who is leeching and who isn't so I feel the staff team together will need to discuss this at some point to further discuss what is classed as "leeching" but personally for me a person is leeching when they purposely wait on all other players to do every single trap by just standing there for example waiting just outside the reach of the afk killer on maps where it doesn't move or what we could do is try to change all the maps afk killers so they all move throughout the map similar to the goldfever map but this is more effort for people like deadmonstor once again

So I don't see why we don't just re add it and monitor it more carefully
Good luck
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571695

Should definitely be re-implemented, and if need be add clarification into the rule so staff and players aren't as confused about it.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™
  • Thanks received: 616
"Tbh you would have been a cm by now if you hadn’t got banned." - EMP 5/10/18

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571696

I was the one who suggested it to be removed a long time ago. Link Honestly, this will create more problems within the process. What if a new person joins the servers and struggles? Are we going to punish that user?
  • Pitt
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 270

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571698

Dezmond wrote:
Bringing back the leeching rule isn't a good idea as there is no point. This is because there a lack of clarity over what the leeching rule is. Some people think it is where you wait for other people to finish the map and purposefully staying alive whereas some think the rule is actually where you are the last person alive and you are delaying the round.

Listen, I won't name names but I've seen people exploiting the fact that it isn't a rule anymore beyond belief. Betting 2500 points (The max amount you can bet) then stand right next to the first trap outside the afk killer, then waiting for the rest of the runner team to win the game for you is really not fun at all. If this were to be added, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard at all to easily "clarify" this rule fully.
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Newdude

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571700

Dezmond wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
Dezmond wrote:

I know this and you know this but as Pitt stated there are some staff and players who don't fully understand the rule and is fairly unavoidable.

How can't you understand something that is explained to you in simple English? :silly:
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571705

Pitt wrote:
I was the one who suggested it be removed a long time ago. Link Honestly, this will create more problems within the process. What if a new person joins the servers and struggles? Are we going to punish that user?

If this were to be re-implemented I think it should have a different meaning, as in if someone is clearly letting everyone else do the work for them then they should be told to stop leeching. However, I do remember having to tell people to stop leaching everyone 2 minutes of each round. I think you should add a poll Walrus.
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Studio Banter, Newdude

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571706

Pitt wrote:
I was the one who suggested it to be removed a long time ago. Link Honestly, this will create more problems within the process. What if a new person joins the servers and struggles? Are we going to punish that user?

You yourself are making things complicated.

Like I said, the leeching rule was never troublesome when I was admin and the staff team handled it like any other rule.
If a new person joins the server, teach him like a staff member should. "Struggling" is where you're over-complicating things.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571707

Bazaraxe wrote:
Dezmond wrote:

Listen, I won't name names but I've seen people exploiting the fact that it isn't a rule anymore beyond belief. Betting 2500 points (The max amount you can bet) then stand right next to the first trap outside the afk killer, then waiting for the rest of the runner team to win the game for you is really not fun at all. If this were to be added, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard at all to easily "clarify" this rule fully.

I have to agree and that is also what I stated as my definition of leeching is as the are 1 abusing the betting system and also slowing down the round and game for most of the other players especially the bhoppers
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571708

Pitt wrote:
I would hope not, as it's up to the staff's discretion to punish players or not. If staff are punishing new users who don't know how to play the gamemode there is a bigger issue at hand than re-implementing this rule.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™
  • Thanks received: 616
"Tbh you would have been a cm by now if you hadn’t got banned." - EMP 5/10/18
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studio Banter, Jeppe, Raeker

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571710

Pitt wrote:
Thats a dumb ass argument. The whole point of the rules list is to inform new users of what they can and can not do. Just because you guys are to lazzy to bother explaining the rule to someone doesn't mean it shouln't be added. Your main job is to explain the rules to users. So how about you list some actual problems that brining back a rule for this would add. Then I want you to think about that and remeber your a staff memeber. That means if there is some shit that is confusing you about the rule you bring it up to be clarified dont be lazy and just remove it.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Viking, Hulubalu, RandomdudeDK, Nafe, Studio Banter and 3 more...

[DR] Leeching Rule 6 years 10 months ago #571711

Second poll of my forums career has been added!
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazaraxe, Pitt
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

150 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127