Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Server Issue] Long-term AFK Moderators

[Server Issue] Long-term AFK Moderators 6 years 11 months ago #543913

Some edits have been made to the OP, I felt that I was being ugly instead of informative:

So Server #3 is currently a mess. F1's aren't being addressed, and there is mass rule breaking.

MGSilver, online for 11 hours. AFK
Na1DZz_C_GhO7sTsZz for 5 hours. AFK
|Z| Tyler, online for 11 hours. AFK

I feel that a lot of SSRP Staff only moderate the server when it's convenient for themselves, please consider a reprimand.
  • JohnnyMoe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • smell the roses, blow out the fire
  • Thanks received: 6
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by JohnnyMoe.
Login or register to post a reply.

[Server Issue] Useless Moderator List 6 years 11 months ago #543914

Do you know people can be afk?
  • Jawson
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP
  • Thanks received: 1927

[Server Issue] Useless Moderator List 6 years 11 months ago #543915

Tyler is a Community Manager and holds a lot of responsibility and helps out a lot, far from useless!

Doombringer just got Moderator and is already kicking ass on S3 making it a better place for people like you, far from useless.

Na1 is friendly and very helpful on all of the DarkRP Servers ZARP has to offer and is also very far from useless.

Players can go AFK, sometimes you just forget to leave the server or turn off your computer. Please don't assume people are useless just because they're not there to help you.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

[Server Issue] Useless Moderator List 6 years 11 months ago #543918

Morgan wrote:
Players can go AFK, sometimes you just forget to leave the server or turn off your computer. Please don't assume people are useless just because they're not there to help you.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is the case. Being AFK can mislead others that you have high server activity when you actually don't. More than likely, they're mining for in-game items to better their own accounts, instead of assisting players who are just trying to enjoy the game without rule breakers.

Please don't side with server staff just because they're server staff. SSRP staff has been under heat lately for the lack of server moderation. I'm informing the community of staff members that are not acting on their duties.
  • JohnnyMoe
  • Fresh Boarder

[Server Issue] Useless Moderator List 6 years 11 months ago #543921

JohnnyMoe wrote:
Morgan wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't think this is the case. Being AFK can mislead others that you have high server activity when you actually don't. More than likely, they're mining for in-game items to better their own accounts, instead of assisting players who are just trying to enjoy the game without rule breakers.

Please don't side with server staff just because they're server staff. SSRP staff has been under heat lately for the lack of server moderation. I'm informing the community of staff members that are not acting on their duties.

There are other ways to track if staff are doing there job than just their activity, and no they're not mining because those people weren't miners, tyler was a gangster and Doombringer was a Drug Dealer. I'm not siding with anyone I'm just telling you how it is. I have a better perspective than you do and am more informed, not just because I'm staff but that does help by giving me more knowledge about the way things work.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Morgan.

[Server Issue] Useless Moderator List 6 years 11 months ago #543922

Morgan wrote:
I'm siding with them because I have a better perspective than you do and am more informed, not just because I'm staff but that does help by giving me more knowledge about the way things work.

EDIT: I think my post was ugly for no good reason, here's a better statement.

Most players are pretty informed that server 3 moderation has been poor for some time now. I don't believe this is the owner's highest priority, and probably won't be seeing any attention.

I feel that most of the SSRP staff only moderate when it's convenient for themselves. This community needs good, on-hand players.
  • JohnnyMoe
  • Fresh Boarder

[Server Issue] Useless Moderator List 6 years 11 months ago #543966

Server 3 is hard to moderate due to the overwhelming amount of rulebreakers, If you see staff that are not responding you can always make a post and I'm sure some staff like myself will hop on deal with the issue.
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • emotionally attracted to chuteuk
  • Thanks received: 1148

[Server Issue] Long-term AFK Moderators 6 years 11 months ago #543980

Eventho they are afk, they still help the server.
When a "mass rulebreaker" joins the server and figure out that there is no staff online at the server. then would they start do rule breaking. but if they think the staff that is being afk on the server is active. then they probably wouldn't. It does not matter if they stay afk or not. they have right to do it, same as users
  • Patrick TM
  • Legendary Member
  • Zarp Map Developer
  • Thanks received: 615

[Server Issue] Long-term AFK Moderators 6 years 11 months ago #543981

They all do alot of work for the community, and are far from usless like Morgan has said.

I believe Tyler and doombringer where basing yesterday, while you had this issue, correct me if wrong.
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2022

[Server Issue] Useless Moderator List 6 years 11 months ago #544012

I feel that by AFKING like this is causing no harm to the server. Would it have mattered if they were not AFK and just not on the server? The answer is no, It would not have made a difference and by saying they are AFK while they are still doing their jobs when they are not AFK so what is the difference? They are not paid to be staff here so they can take breaks and sleep like a human Being.
  • Luan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Ex- Surf Owner
  • Thanks received: 488

EX- TS3 Staff
EX- SSRP Head Admin

[Server Issue] Long-term AFK Moderators 6 years 11 months ago #544017

Most staff are working hard and doing there job great,but not always all the time they need to take a break,the staff members aren't like bots that are available 24/7. You could just got another staff member from teamspeak or forums. There is no point if they aren't on the server or AFK,they can't help you yet. They can go AFK if they want to take a break or rest from doing their hard job.
  • Mexi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 393
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Mexi.

[Server Issue] Long-term AFK Moderators 6 years 11 months ago #544331

Keep in mind they have been on the server for nearly 12 hours, this does not mean they have been AFK for that long. They're allowed to go AFK as long as they do their jobs.

People have lives, and most of our staff members have studies to complete, they sometimes tend to AFK mine while at school/sleeping.

The Lead Team knows who is and who isn't doing their jobs, don't worry about that. If staff were AFK simply message any staff member on Steam, go on the ZARP TeamSpeak server and message any staff member, or make a post on the forums requesting staff.

If there is active staff on the server not stopping the rulebreakers feel free to report it to myself on Steam or any other Lead Team Member. You can also poke any of us on the TeamSpeak.

IP: ts.zarpgaming.com
  • Roy Harper
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • someone stole my legendary member
  • Thanks received: 1950

»Ex-DarkRP HeadAdmin«
»Ex-TeamSpeak3 Staff«
»Ex-Appeals Section Mod«
»Ex-Jailbreak Moderator«
»Ex-Bhop Moderator«
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Roy Harper.

[Server Issue] Useless Moderator List 6 years 11 months ago #544338

JohnnyMoe wrote:
Morgan wrote:
I'm siding with them because I have a better perspective than you do and am more informed, not just because I'm staff but that does help by giving me more knowledge about the way things work.

EDIT: I think my post was ugly for no good reason, here's a better statement.

Most players are pretty informed that server 3 moderation has been poor for some time now. I don't believe this is the owner's highest priority, and probably won't be seeing any attention.

I feel that most of the SSRP staff only moderate when it's convenient for themselves. This community needs good, on-hand players.

Tyler, Community Manager as morgan has stated, has a very very high responsibility, and has many things he has to do within this community to make sure it stays running properly, bearing in mind, he stays up early hours of the morning, most likely getting little sleep, and in that time, he tends to be focused on just zarp.

Doombrininger, Just got mod as morgan stated, yet everytime i've seen him, he is always doing stuff, and doing them properly, specially as i was in one of his sits, and then had to ban a player for him.

Server 3 will always be chaotic, untill more people from the timezone of S3 are in the staff team, Most of us are from the UK, meaning in the time of S3 chaos, most of us are in bed asleep.

Final note, At times S3 is so bad that there has been 3 or 4 of us, trying to do f1's trying to get rid of them, however, due to the vast amount of rulebreaks, them f1's just keep rolling in, with a never ending streaming.
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet
  • Thanks received: 580

[Server Issue] Useless Moderator List 6 years 11 months ago #544569

Wanna know why I was afk I WAS AT SCHOOL EVER THOUGHT OF THAT
  • Na1
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 161

[Server Issue] Long-term AFK Moderators 6 years 11 months ago #544572

Staff are not legally obliged to always be on their PC
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.

[Server Issue] Long-term AFK Moderators 6 years 11 months ago #544575

Another fun fact: Staff members can have a life outside of garrys mod

its crazy i know..
  • Milankov
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Birth of OVERPRICED
  • Thanks received: 48

[Server Issue] Long-term AFK Moderators 6 years 11 months ago #544577

I see you mentioned Doombringer(MGSilver) he was helping out a lot on Server 3 and has done a great deal of F1s this week, he was also trying to get other staff to help with the F1s before he went afk.
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3528

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

219 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47