Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: TTT - NEW MAPS

TTT - NEW MAPS 7 years 1 month ago #497380

Luki_Guki wrote:
lMichaell wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:
The current ttt server wont have any other map then minecraft for now

could you explain further why and perhaps when it might change maps?
I can explain since I've been in some meetings where this have been sugested. The Minecraft map is the most popular map since it doesn't have any errors etc. So they have 24 hour minecraft on this server so that more people will join. But if they had Another TTT server with other maps, I Think there would be an expansion of players.

If they had another server with other maps it would just turn out like the old TTT did, dead.

Although, maybe if the other server was advertised on the 24/7 minecraft server, maybe more people will join to get away from playing minecraft all of the time. I think that, assuming a new server can easily be created, it is worth trying out.
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491
Login or register to post a reply.

TTT - NEW MAPS 7 years 1 month ago #497425

I think the whole forums should have a debate on a new map
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1058

TTT - NEW MAPS 7 years 1 month ago #497426

Gody wrote:
I think the whole forums should have a debate on a new map

The last time that happened the community went into turmoil.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam

TTT - NEW MAPS 7 years 1 month ago #498454

LOCK, para said it wont be accepted.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by MichaeI.

TTT - NEW MAPS 7 years 1 month ago #498471

I've considered reapplying for staff, but minecraft is my least favourite map this server had. But yeah, minecraft is the most popular, popular = players and players = money. I don't like minecraft personally but if it keeps players coming I don't think the owners would want it changed. I don't think adding a second server would be a great idea since it would only further spread out the playerbase. Oh and, most of the time I've been on, I've only seen 1/2 staff members on, so there wouldn't be enough staff for both servers anyways. Seriously, to all the staff, if you have your rank, you should consider staying active and helping out ;)
  • p0rtalsh0oter
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm back I guess.
  • Thanks received: 119
Ex TTT Head Admin, then Admin again. Now I've disappeared. Add me on Steam if you like.

TTT - NEW MAPS 7 years 1 month ago #498489

p0rtalsh0oter wrote:
I've considered reapplying for staff, but minecraft is my least favourite map this server had. But yeah, minecraft is the most popular, popular = players and players = money. I don't like minecraft personally but if it keeps players coming I don't think the owners would want it changed. I don't think adding a second server would be a great idea since it would only further spread out the playerbase. Oh and, most of the time I've been on, I've only seen 1/2 staff members on, so there wouldn't be enough staff for both servers anyways. Seriously, to all the staff, if you have your rank, you should consider staying active and helping out ;)

;)
  • Legendary Soldier
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Still alive bois
  • Thanks received: 1430
Former Community Manager - Current Bartender
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam

TTT - NEW MAPS 7 years 1 month ago #498516

I've also said to Max, Tyler and Chute that Minecraft is boring,
However, TTT in some cases has 2 sides to it,

There are players who love the Minecraft map, which is apparent with the player base that is on there currently, with it being mostly full everyday,
However there are players such as me and clearly michael, who like to play a variety of maps,

I started saying to them why not add a new map, or something, I received the same answer, which was fair enough, TTT clearly is going up in ranks,
So I suggested having a Second TTT server that had a map rotation, I personally never got a straight no for this option, so hopefully 1 day there could be a second TTT server with a map rotation, and tbh it may actually bring me to that part of the community.

I like the suggestion, and have tried before, however i do agree the player base for the current TTT server is growing and climbing ranks, and that is due to it's content and the map.
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet
  • Thanks received: 580

TTT - NEW MAPS 7 years 1 month ago #498581

Time to weigh in on this. Saying that having a map rotation will reduce the player base is simply untrue. I have 2000+ hours on gmod and most of them are on TTT, during 3 years of playing i've been on 4 communities and all have map rotations, 3 of these servers have been very successful and ran for at least a year before being shut down for reasons like rogue ex owners/server supports & server being left by the owner.

Although there are also problems with having other maps, like CSS graphics missing for some people, FastDL errors, missing maps etc. But really nothing that's hard to fix.

I'd personally really support the idea of having a map rotation tho, maybe just test it out for a week, see how things go. If they don't work out then you can always change back, it's not like a week of having multiple maps is gonna completely kill the whole fucking TTT community.
  • RubyTheSlump
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 212

SIX BODIES DROPPED & NO BODY WENT TO HEAVEN

steamcommunity.com/id/saltswitch
Value: 1258€
Games owned: 127
Games played: 83 (65%)
Hours on record: 4,167.5h [/list
  • Page: