Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SSRP] Remove the bring command

[SSRP] Remove the bring command 8 years 2 months ago #282338

I've never been in a situation that required the bring command, if you want to bring someone back to an administrative sit but refuses to respawn themselves, just click Back -> Back to Spawn on the player and he will be forcefully respawned.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Morgan.
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] Remove the bring command 8 years 2 months ago #282341

Morgan wrote:
I've never been in a situation that required the bring command, if you want to bring someone back to an administrative sit but refuses to respawn themselves, just click Back -> Back to Spawn on the player and he will be forcefully respawned.
Whats the point in removing it, we have 2 ways of doing it, if you removed the /back command you would also have to remove it from the commands when handling a F1 Which includes bring, goto, mark as finished, and abort handling. It's more work to remove it then it is to leave it whilst it's not affecting anything at all. I find it useful and it's been useful ever since I got mod I don't think it should be removed, as it could be easier to fix it and/or leave it as it is then removing it. Just because it is only used to a certain point doesn't mean we need to get rid of it after such a long time of having it. Some mods might not know that they can do /backspawn and it force respawns them when they can do it with a single click of a button instead of having to tp them to spawn, tp them again ETC because if they suicide again you have to do it all over again instead of just clicking bring then yourself. It can be used to tp someone to a friend who they were first with, they could of been in a car and they tp'd that player and then the other player is on the other side of the map on Rockford where they would be if they hadn't gotten teleported by that staff member so they can teleport them to where they are supposed to be. There are more uses for this then just the top part of "Bring>Yourself" and then /back not working. This goes to everyone, I bet you majority of the staff know more so about the /bring to respawn someone then they do of /backspawn as /bring has been a quicker and more knowledgeable way of doing so.
#3amReply
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 805
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.

[SSRP] Remove the bring command 8 years 2 months ago #282373

Morgan uses the method of using 2 commands on people to make them come back alive. But why not just use 1 command that does everything? The only problem is when you use /bring you cannot do /back... So you have to /backspawn.. But that is perfectly fine if they are dead at the the time they were tped... I use the command from time to time, i would appericiate it staying
  • Keith Cozart
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The one and only Keith Cozart
  • Thanks received: 1083

[SSRP] Remove the bring command 8 years 2 months ago #282406

I people find a use for the command I don't see why we should remove it, in the case of people not using it correctly the solution is teaching them how to use it. Whilst I don't want it removed I would like to see a fix for it breaking the ability to return them to their last location.
  • Legendary Soldier
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Still alive bois
  • Thanks received: 1431
Former Community Manager - Current Bartender

[SSRP] Remove the bring command 8 years 2 months ago #282412

I hope this is a joke lol
  • Slapy47
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX- DarkRP Admin - TTT Moderator - Teamspeak Staff
  • Thanks received: 479

[SSRP] Remove the bring command 8 years 2 months ago #282429

I also think it's usefull but maybe make it so it does work with /back because new mods and even myself (mostly on accident I find it quite irritating) sometimes use the bring command in the f1 menu and then can't /back them. Some people might not care to be TPd back to spawn but it's also a little annoying for others.
  • Shark
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Cryptocommunist
  • Thanks received: 696
Zooming in is great guys!

[SSRP] Remove the bring command 8 years 2 months ago #282453

one good hting about /bring is bringing dead people who refuse to respawn

[SSRP] Remove the bring command 8 years 2 months ago #282476

I don't see any reason for the command to be removed and it's not exactly complicated for new staff to learn what it does
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead
  • Thanks received: 567

Self proclaimed greatest of all time
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

191 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1