• Page:

TOPIC: [SSRP Suggestion] Explosives

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99558

Server Name:
DarkRP

Suggestion title:
Removal of the explosives

How would it benefit the server?
First of it would get rid of the majority of our current lag problem, that keeps alot of new players off our servers. Also it would allow players to be far more creative while building their bases, instead of just building in that one spot, and fill it up with containers and fences, players would be able to put some serius roleplay into their base designs, and we would see far more inspiring bases.

We are also loosing alot of new players to this feature, i have solved countless of f1s saying "What happended to my base?" And mostly they will end up getting bombed so much that they just give up. Alot of people also completely give up on basing, results are that most people who chooses to base will be tracked down and exploded, due to there being so few of them.

Removing this feature would basically majorly reduce lag, bring new players to the server, and allow people to roleplay even more.

Potential Issues/Exploits:
Some people might be frustrated about loosing their explosives, and we would most likely have to find some other money hole, due to people using most of their current cash on explosives, my suggestion would be to introduce new expensive crafted weapons, that are stronger, but doesnt blow things up.

The baserules could be changed abit aswell, to give the attacker a little more power.

Additional notes:
I do realise that people have posted these kinds of suggestions before, and that they have been turned down, however i do support the idea of removing them and i figured i would post my arguments.
  • Gems
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 504
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Gems.
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99559

The lag isn't caused from the special weapons mate, and they can just build a good base that isn't raidable.
  • Jake McFly
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ex SSRP admin
  • Thanks received: 132

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99561

Jake you haven't even seen how gems has to build his bases just to keep his gang safe.

Well it is a bunch of containers and fences.

+Support

I Think you should be able to sell all explosives to a npc a short while tho.

However i Think we need something beacuse people like to keep thier bases very tight. So i suggest keeping the C4 and Proxy mine. Just to make it a start and fair for the raiders!
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99563

+Support. But if this rule would be applied. I think we should make bases less strong.
  • khaitam2001
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • The truth lies in darkness
  • Thanks received: 123

Resigned deathrun admin
Resigned SSRP admin

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99564

I thought this looked familiar so I decided I would post my first suggestion that I made on the 1st week of the introduction of explosive weapons.
The explosive weapons are really cheap to buy or make so to ensure that people stop using them every time they want to raid a base I suggested that an ammo system should be brought in. Players would work their way and buy or craft an explosive weapon which would already come with ammo loaded into it. Once the ammo is used then the player must goto the explosive trader to buy some more ammo which will not be so cheap that they would use the weapon all the time but also not too expensive that they won't buy or use it at all. For example they would probably spend 300-500k to buy some ammo for their M202 if they were going to raid a gang's base that is full of printers and they would most likely make back their money, they wouldn't spend that much to raid a two man or one man base with a couple of printers (which seems to be what everyone does).

Orbital strikes would obviously cost more than the other types of ammo as it does the most damage and doesn't require you to be near their base.

If anyone wants to bring this up in the meeting then feel free since I am not bothered about SSRP and won't be writing a suggestion.
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99568

Problem with that lazy is that you don't make any profit by raiding.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99577

aspectionz wrote:
Problem with that lazy is that you don't make any profit by raiding.
Those weren't exact prices for the suggestion obviously.
Also yes even with the price I said, you can still make profit. Raiding a base of a gang you make much more money than 300-500k.
If they all have printers anyway.

Also if you would rather have profit then you wouldn't risk any of the explosive weapons and would just try and get in without them.
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99583

-Support, because there are allot of people who spend alot of money on those things. And if we took away the explosives the crafting system will be uselles
  • Wiz_Khalifa
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Former SSRP Admin
  • Thanks received: 286

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99585

Its so rare to find a base with that many printers, and also if you're gonna be able to raid a base that big you gotta be able to raid it with multiple people and in that case you have to share. You wont be able to get more than 100k lazybro.

Wiz khalifa did you even listen to what i said, i said you can sell explosives to a npc. I mean explosives aren't even hard to obtain.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99588

Wiz_Khalifa wrote:
-Support, because there are allot of people who spend alot of money on those things. And if we took away the explosives the crafting system will be uselles

Let me guess, is "alot of people" also can be called "you"?

But ya that's true, quite alot of money is spent on these, some people make them to earn money, some people spent hours on it.
  • RedWingz
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Former Deathrun Mod & SSRP Admin
  • Thanks received: 176
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by RedWingz.

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99590

aspectionz wrote:
Its so rare to find a base with that many printers, and also if you're gonna be able to raid a base that big you gotta be able to raid it with multiple people and in that case you have to share. You wont be able to get more than 100k lazybro.

Wiz khalifa did you even listen to what i said, i said you can sell explosives to a npc. I mean explosives aren't even hard to obtain.

Don't know how much hours you have put in and spent raiding on the server but I can tell you that last time I raided a gang I made 1.2 mil or somewhere around that amount. Due to raiding a gang of about 5-7 people. They had printers and of course I made profit. People can easily make more than 100k raiding gang bases.
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99606

Gems I want them gone too, but the thing is how are we going to do it some people have spent a lot of time and money to get them
  • Chase2k
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 41
SSRP Ex Administrator

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99649

Chase2K wrote:
Gems I want them gone too, but the thing is how are we going to do it some people have spent a lot of time and money to get them

The lead Team would deal with this if it ever happened,

In my opinion it should be removed as I would come back as I hate the explosives, not that I cant build bases its the fact that its called DarkRP and not Modern Warfare so in my opinion they should be removed!
  • TiGzTeR
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Portuguese and Proud!
  • Thanks received: 850

I hope I helped and you can help me by thanking this post.

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99651

I agree that they should be removed.

Anyone remeber the banker job. It's was the most fun I.M.O. Now that job is obsolete becauses no matter how hard you build or whatever systems you put in place, your fancy bank can be knocked down within 5 seconds.
  • luk3gun1
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 26

Hooly balls VII
[SSRP] - Admin!

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99663

Removing explosives would make me want to come back since the reason I resigned was I was getting board of Darkrp and with explosives gone it would make raids more challenging and like tigz said its darkrp not modern warfare. So yes they should be removed.
  • Cameron3100
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Ex.Adminge
  • Thanks received: 22

Ex.DarkRP Admin

Ex.Minecraft Moderator

Ex.TeamSpeak Staff

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99675

They should be removed, but people should at least get something in return for the time and money they spent on getting these, i'd say a certain amount of money would be good.
  • RedWingz
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Former Deathrun Mod & SSRP Admin
  • Thanks received: 176

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99676

_Red_ wrote:
They should be removed, but people should at least get something in return for the time and money they spent on getting these, i'd say a certain amount of money would be good.
Agreed
  • Chase2k
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 41
SSRP Ex Administrator

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99678

Yes please it makes raiders feel challenged because people just milkor the base and go raid over or orbital strike it.
  • Zax
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 98

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99727

-support explosives are cool, its whats unique about the server, there are ways around explosives. Explosives make it so good builders have to be good defenders and good raiders have to be careful and not "yolo" it, also helps raid propblock buildings if no admins are on etc, although thats not the good point xD
  • Scottie012
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks gogo3a! luv ya!
  • Thanks received: 60
Steam: |KoFC| Scottie012
SSRP Admin
Deathrun Member
Minecraft Member
TTT Member
Teamspeak Member team

Thanks gogo3a and Red!

[SSRP Suggestion] Explosives 9 years 2 months ago #99746

You know. New players aren't good builders. I got people like. WTF IS HAPPENING TO MY BASE. And stuff like that. We could ofc trade in like orbs for something else special. Something like very op. but just not that destroys props.
  • khaitam2001
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • The truth lies in darkness
  • Thanks received: 123

Resigned deathrun admin
Resigned SSRP admin
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

172 PLAYERS ONLINE