Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rank Insignia

Rank Insignia 5 years 11 months ago #920604

Server Name: ZARPGAMING.COM - TTT 24/7 Minecraft

Suggestion Title: Rank Insignia

How would it benefit the server: make it easier to tell which ranks are higher than which, aesthetic benefit too

Potential Issues/Exploits: May be difficult to implement or not worthwhile

Additional notes: none

So I was thinking, there are quite a few ranks and I doubt anyone knows them all off by heart, let alone what order they go in. I as a new player definitely don't and I'm sure a lot of others feel the same way. I do like the fact that there's a rank system in general and I always enjoyed playing shooters with military style ranks like MW2 and battlefield so I got this idea: why not introduce insignia for all the ranks that follow the real life UK or US armed forces rank schemes.

Most people who play a lot of video games are familiar with these and even if you're not, they're relatively intuitive for the most part.

The cheap and cheerful way of implementing this would be sideways insignia made of >, <, /, | and * next to the rank names. Of course, if you're going to do that you might as well just number the ranks to be honest, so my real suggestion is some kind of playermodel accessory. I don't know how difficult that would be to make and implement, but I hope the admins have some ideas and like my concept. Cheers!
  • Kernoel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Everything is pretty bad
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Kernoel.
Login or register to post a reply.

Rank Insignia 5 years 11 months ago #920606

Oh man I love this idea. Though since there are nearly fourty ranks I feel like people would eventually completely forget which insignia is higher than the other. Personally I'd like to see it as some sort of icon next to people's names in tab, with each 1-9 10-19 20-29 and 30-37 rank group having a similar insignia but with slight alterations so you can see from a glance who is "higher".

Not sure about a pointshop model thing. Could be cool, but I don't think all of the playermodels would support it.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kernoel

Rank Insignia 5 years 11 months ago #920607

This does seem like a good idea but I’m not sure it would fit with how the server is currently run

:neutralsp:
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kernoel

Rank Insignia 5 years 11 months ago #920608

Raeker wrote:
Oh man I love this idea. Though since there are nearly fourty ranks I feel like people would eventually completely forget which insignia is higher than the other. Personally I'd like to see it as some sort of icon next to people's names in tab, with each 1-9 10-19 20-29 and 30-37 rank group having a similar insignia but with slight alterations so you can see from a glance who is "higher".

Not sure about a pointshop model thing. Could be cool, but I don't think all of the playermodels would support it.
Good idea, I’m sure just adding a little number of 1-37 (amount of levels) next to every level on the tab menu would be a nice implementation
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!