Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] SpecDM suggestion

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905100

Svanzscape wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Are you even listening for one second to what I'm actually saying? I've said this countless times already: EMP is NOT the one making the updates for TTT. You keep saying shit like "Oh but what about all this stuff he added that doesn't work" yet he didn't add any of it.

If Max was the one that looked through the code and said "Ah yeah no it lags out" I would understand your point, but this is EMP for crying out loud. The second best coder within the community. If anyone knows their shit about coding besides Chute then it's him.

are you even LISTENING to what I'm saying?

Ok. Let's go under the assumption that he did find it buggy. Or that SpecDM is buggy.

Simple question

IF specDM is so buggy, why are all the other things that I listed in the server?

And lets say emp didnt add them, fucking someone did.

Take it like this, zarp is like a big football stadium, big fucking football game going on, idk.

and theres 2 security guards. max and emp.

emp is big strong boy, doesnt let anyone through. max is a lil pussy who lets whatever through.

emp finds big bomb in person A's bag. he sends him away
max no bomb in persons B's bag. he lets him in. but he had bomb.

Emp now knows that person B has bomb. Emp still keeps person B in with the bomb in the stadium and doesn't let any more in? Why doesn't he kick person B out then?
There is a big difference between small bugs like vanishing models and DM that could lag the server making it unplayable. Also you have to understand that even if you personally want DM added it may not be best for the server. Given the current state of TTT there is no reason to take a large risk like this as we have a consistently good player count.

• Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Miia.
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905104

Miia wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:

Are you even listening for one second to what I'm actually saying? I've said this countless times already: EMP is NOT the one making the updates for TTT. You keep saying shit like "Oh but what about all this stuff he added that doesn't work" yet he didn't add any of it.

If Max was the one that looked through the code and said "Ah yeah no it lags out" I would understand your point, but this is EMP for crying out loud. The second best coder within the community. If anyone knows their shit about coding besides Chute then it's him.

Ok. Let's go under the assumption that he did find it buggy. Or that SpecDM is buggy.

Simple question

IF specDM is so buggy, why are all the other things that I listed in the server?

Take it like this, zarp is like a big football stadium, big fucking football game going on, idk.

emp is big strong boy, doesnt let anyone through. max is a lil pussy who lets whatever through.

Emp now knows that person B has bomb. Emp still keeps person B in with the bomb in the stadium and doesn't let any more in? Why doesn't he kick person B out then?
There is a big difference between small bugs like vanishing models and DM that could lag the server making it unplayable.

fuck it, not a bomb then, fire crackers. Still not allowed in the stadium. Why are they still there? Why doesn't big boy responsible man EMP get rid of those firecrackers?

Either have bugs, or not have bugs. There is no excuse to have the bugs I listed in the server. 0.

Yet there are excuses not to add SpecDM that, don't take my word for it fucking try it yourself, works fantastic in other servers.

Objectively, this is one of the most stupid arguments I've had. Objectively.

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905105

Svanzscape wrote:
Raeker wrote:

Simple question

I would like to point out that the one person that has removed buggy items from TTT is EMP. The stamina perk machine that does literally nothing? He removed it.

EMP has been incredibly busy as of late. He is the one that has been coding a good chunk of the SSRP update. And guess what? SSRP has a higher priority over TTT and forever will, especially because EMP is not even TTT's asigned coder to begin with. He has also been very busy at work.

Max did, yes, but to immediately say "So this EMP guy is a bad coder for not removing it" is just incredibly retarded. EMP doesn't govern over TTT - it isn't his responsibility. Say I go visit you IRL and your street is dirty. Could you have cleaned it? Yeah, but in the end it's the city council's responsibility, not yours. And you wouldn't hear me calling you a terrible host as a result either.

Once again, this analogy is invalid because TTT isn't EMP's responsibility. Be glad he even looked through the code about this thing at all.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Raeker.

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905106

Raeker wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Raeker wrote:

Simple question

I would like to point out that the one person that has removed buggy items from TTT is EMP. The stamina perk machine that does literally nothing? He removed it.

EMP has been incredibly busy as of late. He is the one that has been coding a good chunk of the SSRP update. And guess what? SSRP has a higher priority over TTT and forever will, especially because EMP is not even TTT's asigned coder to begin with. He has also been very busy at work.

Max did, yes, but to immediately say "So this EMP guy is a bad coder for not removing it" is just incredibly retarded. EMP doesn't govern over TTT - it isn't his responsibility. Say I go visit you IRL and your street is dirty. Could you have cleaned it? Yeah, but in the end it's the city council's responsibility, not yours. And you wouldn't hear me calling you a terrible host as a result either.

Once again, this analogy is invalid because TTT isn't EMP's responsibility. Be glad he even looked through the code about this thing at all.

>Community Owner/Developer
>Not his responsibility.

I'm falling under the assumption no one is responsible for TTT. Can I apply?

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905109

Svanzscape wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Raeker wrote:

Simple question

>Not his responsibility.

As far as I'm aware (I could be wrong however) Tyler and Captin are the only two people responsible for TTT at this current time. And Captin can't code.

Also you really can't blame EMP here lol. With his schedule anyone would have to make difficult priorities, and TTT simply isn't as important to him because he's not in charge of it. I'm surprised he even does some stuff for it at all, and incredibly grateful.
  • Raeker

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905111

Raeker wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Raeker wrote:

Simple question

>Not his responsibility.

As far as I'm aware (I could be wrong however) Tyler and Captin are the only two people responsible for TTT at this current time. And Captin can't code.

Also you really can't blame EMP here lol. With his schedule anyone would have to make difficult priorities, and TTT simply isn't as important to him because he's not in charge of it. I'm surprised he even does some stuff for it at all, and incredibly grateful.

ok

@tyler can you add SpecDM please

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905129

It would lag the server but I don't think it would lag it too much but I'm not too sure I generally don't work with servers when I code

i think they should still add it because the specdm > lag

also i am sick of the same ttt map they should add more
  • Comfy
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zarp’s future CD
  • Thanks received: 51
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Comfy.

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905142

I really like this idea as well but EMP knows something more than both of us on the matter and if he says it will lag the server it will most likely lag the server. I would support this even with the lag involved but you spamming the forums and going as far as disrespecting EMP and Tyler calling them pussies, loses all the little respect I had in you.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905175

Currently the state of TTT is ok but adding the specdm is unwise as it may conflict with add-ons on the server. This can then cause issues and nobody wants that.

Asking other servers of TTT if it lags also is unwise as you don't or should not trust them. The example you provided don't have add-ons we have. Also if you think that it works instead of bitching about it why not show the CM team with your own server with everything ZARP has. If it lags then it's the add-ons, if not it's something else. If a community owner says it won't work then it won't. For example the ghost mode on Deathrun didn't work and EMP said that. When it was put on, it was removed later on because it never worked.

Please don't chat shit about the owners and about an add-on that could risk the playercount.
  • Annie Moonise
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex Deathrun Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 881
Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Forum Staff - Deathrun Moderator Section

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905177

It wont be added svanz. Every TTT server is coded in a different way and all could have extra bits in them some is just classic TTT. If it lagged the server before and they still cant find the solution to fix it stop lagging do you really think they will just add it and because every other ttt server has it that it will just work perfectly?

Also like most people have on this post i get that you are pissed because you feel as though they dont add much but TTT does not have a actual owner. Only CM's and the zarp owners. Shits hard to do when you got like 8 other servers to look after. And they do have lives too they cant just do zarp stuff all day everyday. So dont be disrespecting the owners or CMs because they dont add much to ttt.
  • Jax
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That's the way it is.
  • Thanks received: 294

Ranks I had: TTT Super admin x1, TTT Admin x5, Murder Admin x1, Prophunt Admin x1
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Jax.

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905178

Here we go again..
Good luck!
  • BDnico17
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That Spanish Guy
  • Thanks received: 309

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905197

alright, so the main problem is this: TTT has no owner. Shouldn't that be fixed then? I mean sure, the owners are busy with other servers. If you acknowledge the fact that you lack time to maintain TTT, why not try to find someone suitable to do it for you?

It does feel kinda shit knowing that buggy add-ons remain on the server, and knowing that suggestions are there waiting to finally be forgotten anyway.

Admittedly Zarp might indeed have the highest player count, But that doesn't mean we should be happy with the status quo only. Everybody knows the server still contains bugs here and there, some larger than others.. But the size of the errors doesn't matter, the important thing here is that the bugs still remain in the first place. Although it might not be the best way to express yourself, I do understand what triggers Svanz. As we tend to swallow everything the higher ups tell us, making is praise the positive features of the server and letting us look away from the 'minor' problems the servers still has.

SpecDM doesn't even have the highest priority, it already starts with the smallest of bugs like the "T chance rate" and the "machine perks".
  • Gurren Lagan
  • Senior Boarder
  • walking like an Egyptian
  • Thanks received: 201

Feel free to add me on steam :) : steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198122672058/
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Gurren Lagan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yikes Svanz Comet

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905228

Well then, I woke up expecting a forum ban, but the responses here are a lot better than I thought they would be.
Blocked wrote:
if you never try you'll never know just add specdm and see how it goes if it works on other gmod servers why wouldnt it work on zarp

Exactly, that's what I suggested the last few times i think and they completely didn't want to do that. I said add it for a week or so, see how it goes, etc. Made me angry when they didn't do it, making me realise they're just fucking lazy lmao.
HillBIlly Buck wrote:
It would lag the server but I don't think it would lag it too much but I'm not too sure I generally don't work with servers when I code

i think they should still add it because the specdm > lag

also i am sick of the same ttt map they should add more

Yes, I agree with you. I doubt the server would be that bad, or, as @Miia said it, "unplayable". Again though, I don't know, because EMP and the other higher ups didn't even want to do what I suggested last time, which is try it for a week so we'd know for sure :) As for more maps, again, yes, a lot of people indirectly hate playing there for long periods of time, and it's sad to see that they come back ONLY because of the other people that come back there. One person I know who's reading this knows what I'm talking about. Maybe not even one...
Nick0GR wrote:
I really like this idea as well but EMP knows something more than both of us on the matter and if he says it will lag the server it will most likely lag the server. I would support this even with the lag involved but you spamming the forums and going as far as disrespecting EMP and Tyler calling them pussies, loses all the little respect I had in you.

If he says it lags the server it most likely doesnt lag the server. Most of my replies before are condesed of why I can't trust his word for anything because he makes stupid irrational decisions. That's why I'd much rather see it actually tried than someone who can't code or at least can't be fucked to do it look into it and say nah fuck it it wont work. I don't trust EMP at all on it, that's why I want to see it at least attempted, as Blocked said.

And don't worry @Nick, I don't give a shit about your respect, I had 0 in you always lmao. Again, you say that mainly because of recently how Johnler went after me, then Dodo and Raeker. again proving how spineless you are and can't make decisions or talk for yourself. I know you disliked me for some time but you can't admit it because you're scared, which is bad from a leading big boy role like yours. You also, adding to my point of you not speaking for yourself, completely copied what raeker said like 20 times yesterday so, again, didn't add anything and just joined the circle jerk.

Come on man, seriously :D
Annie Montana wrote:
Currently the state of TTT is ok but adding the specdm is unwise as it may conflict with add-ons on the server. This can then cause issues and nobody wants that.

Asking other servers of TTT if it lags also is unwise as you don't or should not trust them. The example you provided don't have add-ons we have. Also if you think that it works instead of bitching about it why not show the CM team with your own server with everything ZARP has. If it lags then it's the add-ons, if not it's something else. If a community owner says it won't work then it won't. For example the ghost mode on Deathrun didn't work and EMP said that. When it was put on, it was removed later on because it never worked.

Please don't chat shit about the owners and about an add-on that could risk the playercount.

I'll ask them because I trust them more than the EMP. You know why? Because they have, a working, completely fine SpecDM alongside other plugins and add-ons. I'll ask this again, how can THE GOD EMP not sort it out when other servers have it fine? I don't look at fake talk, I look at actions and results. Other servers have it without any problems.

I don't create my own server with all the zarp addons because that would be stupid and irrational. That's not my job, that's CM and higher ups job. That's why THEY HAVE THAT ROLE, but seem to not want the responsibilities behind it.If a CM says it wont work then you lick his ass and take his words like the bible, despite it working in other servers. Why doesn't he look at other servers then and see why they figured it out, and THE GOD can't?

Please don't tell me what to do. I'm a user, giving suggestions that would better the server.

The QUALITY of the player count and the server, not the number itself, which is what most people seem to forget. The playercount is a shit number that means nothing to loyal players and staff.

Most people leave in a day, and the rest don't last a week. I want people to stay, have a good time, and not sit AFK for 10 minutes at a time after dying, just not doing anything.
Jax wrote:
It wont be added svanz. Every TTT server is coded in a different way and all could have extra bits in them some is just classic TTT. If it lagged the server before and they still cant find the solution to fix it stop lagging do you really think they will just add it and because every other ttt server has it that it will just work perfectly?

Also like most people have on this post i get that you are pissed because you feel as though they dont add much but TTT does not have a actual owner. Only CM's and the zarp owners. Shits hard to do when you got like 8 other servers to look after. And they do have lives too they cant just do zarp stuff all day everyday. So dont be disrespecting the owners or CMs because they dont add much to ttt.

So it's the poorly coded servers fault and not SpecDM? interesting...

Well then let me apply for owner. I'll clean shit up.

And I won't stop disrespecting them if literally they're not doing fucking anything.

Christmas update was trash and broke more things than did good
Perk machines are still not removed after like fucking months now
all the bugs that I saw from the start aren't even fucking mentioned
NOTHING gets done. What respect should I give to lazy fucks like them? Why are you dick riding them so hard?

So many questions left unsanswered ;///
BDnico17 wrote:
Here we go again..
Good luck!

Yeah. Shows how lazy higher ups are. How many times this has been done, and they didn't even fucking bother to look at it lmao
Gurren Lagan wrote:
alright, so the main problem is this: TTT has no owner. Shouldn't that be fixed then? I mean sure, the owners are busy with other servers. If you acknowledge the fact that you lack time to maintain TTT, why not try to find someone suitable to do it for you?

It does feel kinda shit knowing that buggy add-ons remain on the server, and knowing that suggestions are there waiting to finally be forgotten anyway.

Admittedly Zarp might indeed have the highest player count, But that doesn't mean we should be happy with the status quo only. Everybody knows the server still contains bugs here and there, some larger than others.. But the size of the errors doesn't matter, the important thing here is that the bugs still remain in the first place. Although it might not be the best way to express yourself, I do understand what triggers Svanz. As we tend to swallow everything the higher ups tell us, making is praise the positive features of the server and letting us look away from the 'minor' problems the servers still has.

SpecDM doesn't even have the highest priority, it already starts with the smallest of bugs like the "T chance rate" and the "machine perks".

Let me apply for owner

And yes, that's one of my main points. Fucking TINY bugs like REMOVING AN ADDON, even that shit can't be done by THE GOD CODER EMP? And apparently I have to respect him? It is sad, it's awful, I wish it was managed how it was back 2 years ago, where SHIT GOT DONE. Now no one even cares about TTT, and from most of the replies no one cares even from the Lead team, because EVEN THEY are saying it wont happen with their dicks in their hands. Fucking hell, 0 passion or care, no even ATTEMPTS to TRY anything. I couldn't be more fucking disappointed.

I loved your reply, and the last part. I wish I could thank a post twice.

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905231

Annie Montana wrote:

I really don't get why so many people always hammer on about the playercount. "Oh, the playercount is doing good so I don't have to do anything." Like, what? Just because the playercount is good doesn't mean the regular users are having a good time. And in the end I'd rather make something where I can say "That's pretty good" instead of "It's shit but at least it's popular."
  • Raeker
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yikes Svanz Comet, Gurren Lagan

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905232

Raeker wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:

I really don't get why so many people always hammer on about the playercount. "Oh, the playercount is doing good so I don't have to do anything." Like, what? Just because the playercount is good doesn't mean the regular users are having a good time. And in the end I'd rather make something where I can say "That's pretty good" instead of "It's shit but at least it's popular."

Exactly. I said this many times already,back when I was admin, I'd rather have a lower, like 30s-20s playerbase thats loyal, fun to be around, etc than half of the people who can't speak a lick of english, RDMers, racists, griefers, etc.

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905240

Svanzscape wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:

Exactly. I said this many times already,back when I was admin, I'd rather have a lower, like 30s-20s playerbase thats loyal, fun to be around, etc than half of the people who can't speak a lick of english, RDMers, racists, griefers, etc.

exactly!!!!

quality >>>>>> quantity
  • Gurren Lagan
  • Senior Boarder
  • walking like an Egyptian
  • Thanks received: 201

Feel free to add me on steam :) : steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198122672058/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yikes Svanz Comet

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905274

@Svanz oh buddy I'm not saying my true opinion about you because I like to give a good example to my fellow staff members unlike you. If you think me not speaking up is because I can't make my own decisions you are wrong. I want to earn the respect of people and not throw it away. I used to care about your opinion greatly but not anymore.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905275

Nick0GR wrote:
@Svanz oh buddy I'm not saying my true opinion about you because I like to give a good example to my fellow staff members unlike you. If you think me not speaking up is because I can't make my own decisions you are wrong. I want to earn the respect of people and not throw it away. I used to care about your opinion greatly but not anymore.

youre such a big strong boy im sorry i ever doubted you you proved me so wrong with your reply

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905281

Svanzscape wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

youre such a big strong boy im sorry i ever doubted you you proved me so wrong with your reply
If you think acting like this will get you your specDM think again. I hate to be that guy but if all these other servers have a perfectly fine specDM which you seem to love so much why don't you just play there?
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annie Moonise, Nick0GR

[TTT] SpecDM suggestion 5 years 11 months ago #905283

Miia wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

If you think acting like this will get you your specDM think again. I hate to be that guy but if all these other servers have a perfectly fine specDM which you seem to love so much why don't you just play there?

You hate being that guy for a reason.

And I'm a user, not an employee, I don't need to act in any certain way. I'm not proposing anything that I'm sacrificing anything for. Fuck Nick lmao, he himself said many times and showed that he's not willing nor IS "CAPABLE" Of doing any change, so he doesn't matter at all in this case. He knows this himself.

I want this server to be good, Zarp, the one I remember. Not some other fucking loser server, I want this loser server to not be a loser.
Moderators: Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

137 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32