Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A couple things need tweaking...

A couple things need tweaking... 6 years 6 days ago #896555

Server Name:

TTT 24/7 Minecraft Vanilla

Suggestion Title:

The XP guns need to be reviewed.

People joining when game is in progress as Innocent.

How would it benefit the server:

The guns will be a bit more balanced and it would be more fair to the ones who aren't as high level as them.

People joining thing would make it more balanced for the T's so they won't have to worry about anyone joining if they are about to do something that will make them win, like suicide bomb an area and have a random person ruin it just because they joined..

Potential Issues/Exploits:

Tbh its not as fun if a level 30-40 is constantly killing u very fast the rounds that either u or them is a T. Especially if they're staff and godly at the game (*cough* Miia *cough*), it just breaks it that way...

It can literally go from 1v3-5 to a 1v8-10 if players join the server if you are the last T making it WAY harder to win which tbh is a bit unfair because if the T's and u, did all this hard work to kill the Innocents during the round its basically saying, fuzz u and having u do that all over again only this time with ONLY u alive and the others all running around with guns.

Additional notes:

Rework some of the XP weapons. The Vector, Tec-9 (especially) and the Terror Tech are all high level guns, but to make them more OP than the others.. that's just unfair..

Plz change it so the players that join in progress are put to spec or some other separate DM thing, a lot of people have asked for this, and it would make the game a lot more balanced. So what if they have to wait a few minutes, a lot of games have the ones who just joined go into spectator so they don't ruin the game-play of the ones still alive.
  • Spiderfreak
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
Last Edit: 6 years 6 days ago by Spiderfreak.
Login or register to post a reply.

A couple things need tweaking... 6 years 6 days ago #896561

For people joining mid round i think this 100% should not be changed. It could be argued that a lot of our servers popularity comes from the fact that you can join and instantly start playing. I think a lot of new players would be turned off if they joined the server as the round had just started and have to wait for a server of 40 people to finish a round, which can take a very long time. It could cost us a lot of new players if we removed joining mid round as they would potentially not be bothered to wait and just move onto a new server.

As for the weapons being very unbalanced while they can be annoying play against they do have their drawbacks and weaknesses.

Vector-While it does have a very quick time to kill it burns through ammo very fast to the point where in long rounds i often need to get rid of it for another weapon as i can't find any ammo. Due to its rate of fire it's range is not the best and will be easily outmatched by more stable guns like the uzi at long ranges.

Tec9-Quick time to kill and can hold a lot of ammo however its range is extremely bad so you need to be very close to targets. Because of its high spread it can be very hard to consistently hit shots at even medium range and can feel very luck based at times. As soon as you are out of the Tec's range it is very easily beaten by almost any other weapon as long as your aim is decent.

Terror Tech-I don't have much experience with this gun but from what i remember it was pretty decent at most ranges apart from very long distance, could maybe do with a bit of a nerf but at the end of the day it is the final unlock weapon. Not many people have it and it should be a little op for the effort required to unlock it.

There are weapons at lower levels that while may not have as quick of a time to kill as the late unlocks are still very good weapons and are often underrated by people at high levels. The first is the uzi which i believe is the 2nd unlock weapon, you get it at a very low level and its a very good gun, decent damage and accurate it will win fights against both tec and the vector in longer range fights. Another good choice is the sten which can be found on the map and is not an unlock gun, in my opinion this is on the same level if not stronger than the vector as it does not require a high level and does not suffer from the same range and ammo problem.

Finally i want to talk about the one problem i have with the Tec-9. While it does have a large weakness due to its range the problem i have is that this can easily be fixed as it can be paired with any weapon you find lying on the ground. As it is not a primary weapon it can be paired with a sniper getting rid of it's one weakness. The only change i would like to see is the Tec moved to the primary slot so it remains a strong weapon but still has a downside.

Edit- Ok this is the final thing. While it may turn some people off to be killed by these weapons there is also the chance it will motivate some people to continue playing on the server until they unlock them for themselves. Having strong unlockable weapons provides players with an incentive to play more as they see them being used and want to get their hands on them so they can be op as well. Also if you are going to be playing on a server a lot its just nice to have something to work towards and feel rewarded for playing.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
Last Edit: 6 years 6 days ago by Miia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker, eddie.

A couple things need tweaking... 6 years 6 days ago #896568

Dont nerf terror tech, best wep.
  • Dewie
  • Expert Boarder
  • Stop.
  • Thanks received: 561

A couple things need tweaking... 6 years 6 days ago #896570

In my opinion the only real problem with the Tec-9 is it's ridiculous damage per bullet with it dealing 40 damage on a body shot and shooting 3 shots per second which results in the absurd dps output being capable of melting entire crowds in a single clip, if it were lowered to maybe 33 it would require either a headshot or a fourth shot to kill a person which gives them some additional time to try reacting in any way before getting annihilated.
  • Xerceas
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 73
You can pick your friends or you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose.

Without excessive force.

A couple things need tweaking... 6 years 6 days ago #896575

Xerceas wrote:
In my opinion the only real problem with the Tec-9 is it's ridiculous damage per bullet with it dealing 40 damage on a body shot and shooting 3 shots per second which results in the absurd dps output being capable of melting entire crowds in a single clip, if it were lowered to maybe 33 it would require either a headshot or a fourth shot to kill a person which gives them some additional time to try reacting in any way before getting annihilated.

As i said the Tec-9 does need a nerf but any change to its damage and making it need an extra shot to kill would weaken the weapon way too much in my opinion. The Tec is already a very inaccurate gun, even the players with the best aim cannot hit every shot given its high recoil, if it were to take an extra shot to kill it would not only lower the time to kill by the time it takes to fire 1 shot but also the time to fire a shot that will hit. As an innocent it really is not the best weapon to use as if a traitor attacks you first, given the recoil of the weapon and assuming the player has semi decent aim it is a lot harder to kill them then if i were using something like a vector. The issue with the Tec is when it comes to traitors using it, not only if fired first will it win almost every fight but it can be paired with a sniper, another great weapon for traitors due to it being a 1 hit to the head. Therefor in my opinion the only way to balance it without making it a shit weapon that i would never use over the vector, terror tech or even a sten is to make it a primary so it cannot be paired with another strong weapon.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

A couple things need tweaking... 6 years 6 days ago #896617

Xerceas wrote:

Can I take a Tec 9, then shoot you 3 times in the body in real life and you would not die sir?
  • Magik
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ye man
  • Thanks received: 621

A couple things need tweaking... 6 years 6 days ago #896798

As much as I agree with you about the innocents joining the match midgame, like Miia said this is a popular feature of the server that does keep players playing here. As for the weapons I feel like a nerf is not needed and would get bad reactions from the people that have spent many hours of their life putting in the effort to unlock these weapons, if you get to unlock them sort of weapons then you should be rewarded. And also like Miia said, it gives the players an incentive to keep playing, trying to reach the point of unlocking these guns, and if you do, then lucky you
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

A couple things need tweaking... 6 years 6 days ago #896832

_Eddie_ wrote:
As much as I agree with you about the innocents joining the match midgame, like Miia said this is a popular feature of the server that does keep players playing here. As for the weapons I feel like a nerf is not needed and would get bad reactions from the people that have spent many hours of their life putting in the effort to unlock these weapons, if you get to unlock them sort of weapons then you should be rewarded. And also like Miia said, it gives the players an incentive to keep playing, trying to reach the point of unlocking these guns, and if you do, then lucky you

So ur basically saying u don't want to make the ones who have it mad (the staff and a few longtime players) but the ones who suffer from these weapons, MOST of the NEW players and low lvl ones like me ur fine with having them mad to where I made this so that the issue would get attention because rn there's nothing being done abt it yet the PLAYERS are mostly against the OP guns. If anything how this is all sounding is that u guys would rather try to keep ur players happy no matter how much it breaks the game, yet in contradictory some of those things annoy others yet u don't care abt those players.
  • Spiderfreak
  • Fresh Boarder

A couple things need tweaking... 6 years 6 days ago #896858

Spiderfreak wrote:
_Eddie_ wrote:

So ur basically saying u don't want to make the ones who have it mad (the staff and a few longtime players) but the ones who suffer from these weapons, MOST of the NEW players and low lvl ones like me ur fine with having them mad to where I made this so that the issue would get attention because rn there's nothing being done abt it yet the PLAYERS are mostly against the OP guns. If anything how this is all sounding is that u guys would rather try to keep ur players happy no matter how much it breaks the game, yet in contradictory some of those things annoy others yet u don't care abt those players.
Not at all, this is coming from an open mind, I am not one of the high level people with access to the guns, I am actually really low level compared to the other staff, yet I don't see a problem with the weapons and it never causes issues with me. So when you say I don't care about those players, I am one of those, stuck with at the most, an ACR that I don't use, I have to go up against the people that have unlocked these weapons, and I don't see a massive problem
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

A couple things need tweaking... 6 years 3 days ago #898586

Well ima say this, most of the time when I've asked if others agree to the nerf they say yes or least if they complain abt the weapon I would take it as they would agree with the nerf also. The only ones I've rlly seen so far who say no to the nerf are the staff who use those weapons or the few longtime players that use it. If anything there should be a poll made abt this and have it be put to a vote on if they should be nerfed or not
  • Spiderfreak
  • Fresh Boarder

A couple things need tweaking... 6 years 3 days ago #898592

Spiderfreak wrote:
Well ima say this, most of the time when I've asked if others agree to the nerf they say yes or least if they complain abt the weapon I would take it as they would agree with the nerf also. The only ones I've rlly seen so far who say no to the nerf are the staff who use those weapons or the few longtime players that use it. If anything there should be a poll made abt this and have it be put to a vote on if they should be nerfed or not

I do agree with the fact that newer players do have issues with some if the unlock guns. However simply nerfing them will not solve anything. If the weapons were truly overpowered to the point of being game breaking then yeah nerf them, however as i tried to point out these weapons all do have drawbacks that hold them back from being overpowered. Vector has its ammo, Tec has its low range and high recoil and the terror tech is.. just ok really its not actually that good. Presumably the main thing you want is for the damage on these weapons to be nerfed which given the weapons in question is not a good idea. The vector already runs out of ammo very fast, making it take more shots to kill would make this even worse. Same for the Tec, its already inconsistent to kill because of its recoil and making it take more shots to kill would make it very annoying to use. You are confusing overpowered with annoying to deal with.

As for the long time players, this server already has a problem keeping them around because it never gets changed and only has one map. Do you think they would stay around if we nerfed these weapons? The ones that they have invested a lot of time working towards and then one day they just become useless. As i said above decreasing the damage on the vector and tec could cripple the weapons making them far weaker than intended due to nerfing the damage bringing out both their weaknesses even more and making them never used. I already wont use the vector because of the ammo problem over a sten which is just as good and all players have access too.

Finally i am still in favor of the tec being made a primary as i feel this is a well needed nerf that would not break the weapon.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

A couple things need tweaking... 6 years 3 days ago #898616

Nerfing the tec 9 and terror tech will do nothing but make both guns dead content making the grind to level 30 and max level pointless. This will overall devalue the point on leveling and players will have no goal to look forward to. Just because the tec 9 is a good weapon does not mean it has no counters towards it, For example the basic free shotgun is normally a one shot and the worst nightmare to a tec 9 player.
  • DrConor
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 339

A couple things need tweaking... 6 years 3 days ago #898723

Drconor wrote:
Nerfing the tec 9 and terror tech will do nothing but make both guns dead content making the grind to level 30 and max level pointless. This will overall devalue the point on leveling and players will have no goal to look forward to. Just because the tec 9 is a good weapon does not mean it has no counters towards it, For example the basic free shotgun is normally a one shot and the worst nightmare to a tec 9 player.

"For example the basic free shotgun is normally a one shot and the worst nightmare to a tec 9 player." Last time I checked the basic free shotgun is not a 1 shot, its only a 1 shot if the player is already hurt as is, and I don't mean like a bit hurt I mean a good bit. It takes like 2-3 shots with a shotgun to kill someone sometimes 3-4 if they have armor. Plus shotguns require u to be close up with them to do good dmg, and if the tec-9 is OP when ur close up rather than far away then shotguns would not be the worst nightmare for tec-9's... u guys say some guns have low ammo count yet its not hard to run around the map finding ammo boxes and stuff for certain guns. I'm not the type to go and switch guns just to kill a certain person, since u say sniper is the best against a Tec-9 user cause of its range though I doubt anyone would do tht really.
  • Spiderfreak
  • Fresh Boarder

A couple things need tweaking... 5 years 11 months ago #905161

Miia wrote:
Edit- Ok this is the final thing. While it may turn some people off to be killed by these weapons there is also the chance it will motivate some people to continue playing on the server until they unlock them for themselves. Having strong unlockable weapons provides players with an incentive to play more as they see them being used and want to get their hands on them so they can be op as well. Also if you are going to be playing on a server a lot its just nice to have something to work towards and feel rewarded for playing.

That is something id expect to hear from EA or Activision in a board meeting, dont get me wrong i like getting rewarded with a currency that is used to purchase cosmetic items to personalize the experience but to have rewards that impact gameplay directly goes against the very competitive nature that TTT has going for it in my opinion.

Because that answer pretty much says to me that you are aware that the weapons aforementioned are busted and then to say that you have weapon counters in a game mode where you have to pick up weapons that are limited in quantity from the ground that are scattered about is coming off as disengenous.

A possible solution considering that you seem unwilling to remove the level reward system would be to increase the damage drop off significantly to lets say 2-3 meters, go past that point and they become basically useless making these weapons close quarter focused ala the shotgun, reduce the dmg or rpm and make them available for purchase as detective to even the playing field.

Sincerely,
A guy that hates the vector with the fury of a thousand suns

A couple things need tweaking... 5 years 11 months ago #905279

Mr. Anderson wrote:
Miia wrote:

That is something id expect to hear from EA or Activision in a board meeting, dont get me wrong i like getting rewarded with a currency that is used to purchase cosmetic items to personalize the experience but to have rewards that impact gameplay directly goes against the very competitive nature that TTT has going for it in my opinion.

Because that answer pretty much says to me that you are aware that the weapons aforementioned are busted and then to say that you have weapon counters in a game mode where you have to pick up weapons that are limited in quantity from the ground that are scattered about is coming off as disengenous.

A possible solution considering that you seem unwilling to remove the level reward system would be to increase the damage drop off significantly to lets say 2-3 meters, go past that point and they become basically useless making these weapons close quarter focused ala the shotgun, reduce the dmg or rpm and make them available for purchase as detective to even the playing field.

Sincerely,
A guy that hates the vector with the fury of a thousand suns
I don't know which TTT servers you play on but i can assure you zarp TTT is not competitive at all. Its a mess of players who are mostly new to the server or new to TTT as a whole and have no idea how to play or even follow the rules. There is no strategy involved, there is little team play, its just kill all you can if you die well thats too bad. zarp TTT is not a competitive experience.

As for the weapons impacting gameplay so what? They are not pay to win or anything like that so i do not see why we should not have rewards that impact gameplay, these are unlocks that people have spent a long time trying to get and would be pretty pissed most likely if they got to the max level and got a useless reward.

I have said this multiple times but i will say it again. These weapons are not "busted" at all, they are annoying as fuck yes, but not overpowered. There are plenty of guns on that can be found on the map so running out of counters is not an issue. The shotgun will beat these weapons, so will the sniper and in a lot of situations the sten will as well. Good weapons to counter the vector and tec 9 are plentiful.

Last thing you said was to increase the damage drop off to which i say have you ever used these weapons? Any less range on the tec and you would have to shoot backwards and as for the vector it already struggles at long range because of its fire rate.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

A couple things need tweaking... 5 years 11 months ago #905908

"I don't know which TTT servers you play on but i can assure you zarp TTT is not competitive at all. Its a mess of players who are mostly new to the server or new to TTT as a whole and have no idea how to play or even follow the rules. There is no strategy involved, there is little team play, its just kill all you can if you die well thats too bad. zarp TTT is not a competitive experience.

I have said this multiple times but i will say it again. These weapons are not "busted" at all, they are annoying as fuck yes, but not overpowered. There are plenty of guns on that can be found on the map so running out of counters is not an issue. The shotgun will beat these weapons, so will the sniper and in a lot of situations the sten will as well. Good weapons to counter the vector and tec 9 are plentiful."

"As for the weapons impacting gameplay so what? They are not pay to win or anything like that so i do not see why we should not have rewards that impact gameplay, these are unlocks that people have spent a long time trying to get and would be pretty pissed most likely if they got to the max level and got a useless reward." IT'S OP AF DO U NOT UNDERSTAND THAT?? U GUYS DON'T SEEM TO GIVE A FUCK ABT MAKING SHIT FAIR AT ALL. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A COMPETITIVE SERVER TO HAVE EQUALITY, WHY CAN'T SHIT JUST BE BALANCED HMM TELL ME THAT MIIA! U DON'T OBV CARE ABT HOW IT MAKES THE OTHERS FEEL, U ONLY CARE ABT URSELF. I get tht u can get a reward for lvling up BUT NOT A DAMM GUN THT BASICALLY KILLS U WITH 2-3 SHOTS IN 2 FUCKING SECONDS, AND ITS NOT JUST 1 GUN THAT DOES THAT ITS 2. I DON'T RECALL THE MP5 OR STEN BEING THAT OP AND THE SHOTGUN ISN'T EVEN CLOSE SO DON'T ACT LIKE THE SHOTGUN IS THE BEST WEAPON CAUSE ITS ONLY RLLY GOOD CLOSE UP AND SO IS THE DAMM TEC-9 so who would win in a fight, hmm MAYBE THE 2-3 SHOT GUN WITH 2 SECONDS OF A KILL. The main problems of those 2 guns is the fucking DAMAGE, so solution JUST LOWER THE DAMN THING OR LOWER THE RATE OF FIRE, JUST MAKE IT NOT U KNOW KILL A PERSON IN 1-2 SECONDS WITH LIKE VERY FEW BULLETS WOULD BE NICE.

IF THIS VIDEO ISN'T PROOF THE TEC-9 IS OP AF THEN IDK WHAT THE FUCK ELSE I NEED TO SAY TO GET U GUYS TO LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS AND NERF THE FUCKING THING!!

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO WANTS THIS BTW, 4 PPL WANT IT NERFED, MAYBE EVEN MORE AND THIS IS CHAT LOGS FROM AFTER THE VIDEO.
Attachments:
  • Spiderfreak
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Spiderfreak.
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds

316 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
22/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32