Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Moderator] Joshua's Application

[SSRP Moderator] Joshua's Application 6 years 7 months ago #706152

↓↓↓PLEASE READ↓↓↓
Hello, First of all, I would like to Thank you for clicking down here and letting me explain myself and how I believe that I can be trusted again, yes I have been cm banned. Banned, and even warned lots of times but all that was because 1. I was an immature person and had not fully grown up. 2. I did not really have enough time to be a moderator in the first place, I was still in school and working/completing my GCSE's, however now that I've finished school and got a full-time job as a Junior ICT Infrastructure & Services Technician, I now no longer have homework. Etc to do. Much less stuff which I had to do when I was at school

General Information
RP Name : Joshua

Link to Steam Profile
Click Here

SteamID

STEAM_0:0:67210144

Current Gametracker Profiles

Server 1
Here

Server 2 :
Here

Please Note : Server 1, is my main Server However i can switch between Servers if needed for any reason

Server Time
507 hours

Languages I speak

Full English, a Little French

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.

Random Death Match ( RDM ) is the act of killing or attempting to kill, a Player without
a valid Role-play reason, this also means that it cannot be anything OOC related or due to
other possible reasons such as revenge, which would also be breaching NLR (New-Life Rule).

An example of a Valid reason for killing a player would be
If an Officer arrived at the scene of a Robbery and the suspect is armed and refuses to drop his weapon and fires at the officer.

An bad example of Valid Reason for killing a player would be

Player y said in OOC “Kill me i'm at spawn”, then Player x went to kill Player y, this is not a valid kill reason

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.

New life Rule is where the player does not remember any of the events that occurred in
his previous life, thus also meaning he does not remember any of the people that he may
come into contact with before his death. This generally also means that after a player
has died, they cannot go back to their place of death for a certain amount of time.

An Example would be a cop saw a raid so he went to try and stop the raiders and then he died, and he came back to the raid before the NLR timer would be over, However New Life Rule ( NLR ) is allowed if its a nuke, bank raid, or a PD Raid.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:

Player x accuses player y of breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in the console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.

I would check the console for which player was killed first and check for which reason, by searching further up the logs
for any reasons to attack. If there was no indication of an attack in Chat by either X or Y, the situation would be handled as
an RDM and Player X and Y would be questioned and possibly both punished as they have both broken a Rule.

If Player X or Y adverted Raid, Mug etc... And player X Proceeded to kill Y for a valid RP reason and then Y returned to kill X for revenge,
he would be punished through means of either Warning depending on the severity of the situation and past
offences.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.

Metagaming is where a player makes or attempts to make another player(s) aware of an event
or something that is happening, out-of-character. For instance, if two friends were talking
over skype and one of the friends gets raided while the other is out on the streets and the
friend getting raided informs the friend of this over skype, that would be
Metagaming as they are making their friend aware through means that are not RP.

Explain how you would handle the following situation

Player x accuses player y of RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.

In this situation, I would temporarily separate both players from each other so they cannot
communicate to avoid unneeded arguments, I would then ask Player X his account of events
to why Player Y killed him, if the reasons seem fairly Valid, I will then ask Player Y the
why he killed Player X and listen to his response, if Player Y admits he RDMed I would proceed
to give him a Warning/Verbal warning depending on his past punishments and ask him that he does not do it again or there will be further consequences.
If Player Y was to instead refuse to answer the question or act immaturely I would take obvious punishment
such as a warning

In the Event that the account of Player X and Y do not match, I would try to come to a conclusion by checking
the logs further back and seeing if these players had any communication between each other beforehand such
as an argument, and possibly ask people who were around at the time for their account of events before
making my final conclusion.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided

I would politely remind Player X that OOC is for Out-Of-Character communications
only and ask that he does not repeat the Metagame. If he proceeds to do another
Metagame then I will either Warning or give a verbal warning, depending on his past punishment on rapsheet (F6 ) him temporarily depending
on the severity of the situation

Why me?
I feel i would be a great addition to the Team at :zarp: because of many different factors.
I am a friendly and understanding person who can handle situations well with an open view but also give punishment where it is required.
I can be Helpful to Players who have General Questions about in-game topics due to my Wide knowledge of the mechanics of RP and :zarp: Itself.
I Believe i can keep the Server under control and allow the Players who are genuinely here to play, the best possible experience.
I am Highly active on Garry's Mod and can Devote my free-time to :zarp: help out and make the job of other Staff members much easier by helping them with possibly Situations.
But most of all, i just want the general player base to be able to play in a clean and fun server that can continue to grow.
I would also like to say thank you for taking the time to read this application.

Warning list.

Click herel
  • Joshua
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 546
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Joshua.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Moderator] Joshua's Application 6 years 7 months ago #706157

post needed for some extra information.
  • Joshua

[SSRP Moderator] Joshua's Application 6 years 7 months ago #706159

:minussp:
  • perp
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • perp
  • Thanks received: 864
perp
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Sally. Reason: One Is More Than Enough

[SSRP Moderator] Joshua's Application 6 years 7 months ago #706185

DB KILLER wrote:

Could you please tel me why .. rather then just spamming minus supporting??
  • Joshua

[SSRP Moderator] Joshua's Application 6 years 7 months ago #706354

You literally just got un community banned

• TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

[SSRP Moderator] Joshua's Application 6 years 7 months ago #706356

dafuq he was cm banned dafuq i didn't know that lel XD
  • Vid
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The Legendary "Ruski" Kid
  • Thanks received: 269

[SSRP Moderator] Joshua's Application 6 years 6 months ago #712859

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP DarkRp! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

This time, the staff team have decided that you still need to work on your application and then apply again next week. To try and help you they have summarised some positives & negatives discussed during the meeting:
Currently banned.

You can apply again at any time, and thanks for supporting ZARP!
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

280 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
14/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun