Deathrun

SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:143461741

Current Gametracker:

Estimated Server Time:
250 hours

Languages I speak:
English, Italian and alexsander2k.

How do you feel that your time as an Administrator has contributed to becoming a Super Administrator:
During my time as an Administrator, I have gained a crazy amount of knowledge about many things such as rules, players and other things. I have gained trust in the Dezrun community and have proven my dedication to the server. All these things made me smarter and how to go about dealing with rule-breakers and people that need(ed) help. Therefore, to myself, I made this application to see what would happen and what kind of feedback I would receive. I believe that this experience and knowledge that I have gained makes me feel ready (I might not be) to be apart of the Lead Team Staff.

What makes you a good candidate for the Super Administrator team?
I believe that I am a good candidate for this rank as I have attended every meeting (which isn't that important anyway, but I might aswell mention it.) and am very active on the server, constantly dealing with problems or helping people out. I feel that I am trusted within our Dezrun community with the rules and my abilities as admin. Whilst I have only helped train a few people, I am very capable of helping new staff members learn their new abilities and commands to their fullest and making sure that they are prepared to work in our server. I always try to be gentle and friendly to any users on the server aswell. All of this makes me feel comfortable and prepared to apply for S.A. I am mostly doing this to receive feedback and see what people think of me, aswell.

Explain a situation as an Administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a Lead Team member but you had to work around it when no Lead Team member was available:
I had just joined the Dezrun server, I notice a staff member arguing with a user in chat and how it kept evolving into something worse. The user that was arguing with the staff member was a troll and the staff member did not trust me at the time. I tried explaining to him to not get out of hand and place false warnings etc etc, but he refused to follow my orders and was being led on by the bait given by the troll. Only if there was a Lead Team member available I could have called him/her and, because they would normally be trusted by all staff members, would listen to him/her. But this wasn't the case. I took action and stopped them both immediately. I tried to relax the staff member, whilst trying to gain reputation with the troll so he could stop. In the end, I spoke with the staff member and he/she stopped and they carried on. I was happy that I could have done this, but it would have been a lot easier if I was a super administrator. The staff member did not claim this was harassment or annoying him either, so the troll was not breaking any rules, but it was clearly getting out of hand.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:
Firstly, I'd check any proof that was available that could help the situation and get it over quicker without issues, then talk with both sides to see their stories. I would ask them both if they have any evidence of whatever happened in this reported abuse. If there was no proof, I would still talk with some of the Lead Team members to get a second opinion on the matter. If there was proof, I would take my time, studying it and making a conclusion. I would then still ask the Lead Team for a second opinion on the matter. (As I could be right or wrong.)

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time. How do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?
Firstly, I would find out what reason they banned the user for, then I would check their rapsheets to see any hints of: (examples) extremely obvious troll, or just your average player.
If the ban was too long, (aka this scenario) I would explain to the staff member that there was too much time given for the ban, explain why, and edit the ban to make sure the duration was, not too long. (I'm not always perfect, y'know?)

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?
I would find out what rule this player broke via talking with the staff member, then show any proof if needed. I would then tell him: (example) "If you need help with the situation, ask me. I'm here to help!" and see what he would do. If he continues struggling with the situation, I would help the staff member with whatever the problem was, making sure he does it the right way. This way, he will learn from the experience and learn something new, while also keeping the server clean. If he does not learn however, and continues being unreasonable with the user, I would step in and finish the situation. I would then, contact the staff member explaining whatever he did was wrong and needed to rethink.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules. How would you help resolve the situation?
Initially I would talk with the staff member accusing the rule break to ask for any evidence/proof of the rule-break. Afterwards, I would do the same thing to the staff member being accused. I would also ask witnesses if they knew anything about the situation, too. If the staff member being accused did rule-break, I would ask them why they broke them, and explain how they broke it, so they would completely understand what they had done, in case they did not. Then after coming to a conclusion, I would give an appropriate punishment needed to the staff member if needed. And yes, I would ask a LT member to get a second opinion on the matter.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?
Immediately I would try to stop the situation and try to find out what caused the disrespect to happen in the first place. Then I would try to calm them both as much as possible to insure that no more disrespect happens, as if they were to continue their reputation with each-other would plummet to the bottom of the ocean. After doing this, I would try to understand them and tell them not to repeat this, as it is a very bad thing, especially when you are working together. I would verbally warn them, make them apologize, and explain that we are supposed to look like nice and friendly people to the community. Not people that argue with each-other constantly. Like always, I would ask the LT members for a second opinion on the matter if available.[/center]

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users! How do you approach the staff member?
This is a bad situation. I would try to find out the cause of him rule-breaking, and if it was a legitimate accident or definitely on purpose. Then, I must gather evidence from witnesses and people that were direct targets and ask LT for an opinion on the matter, as it is very serious. I would form a conclusion, along with the LT members and deal with the staff member. It could result in a warning to even a demotion.

All criticism and feedback would be great!
  • Scum
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • hi
  • Thanks received: 154
Haha mate your so baaAAA... (dies)
yeah im bad too..

The topic has been locked.

[Deathrun Super Admin] Scum's Application 6 years 6 months ago #704700

Good staff member I guess...

Ps there's a rulebreaker on the server ;)

this is a joke between a couple of us before an army rushes the server
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scum

[Deathrun Super Admin] Scum's Application 6 years 6 months ago #704703

A Good Pianist wrote:

haha
fuck your joke
  • Scum
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • hi
  • Thanks received: 154
Haha mate your so baaAAA... (dies)
yeah im bad too..

[Deathrun Super Admin] Scum's Application 6 years 6 months ago #704709

Scum wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:

haha
fuck your joke

Don't denie it u love me and my jokes
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914

[Deathrun Super Admin] Scum's Application 6 years 6 months ago #704810

Good luck