[Bhop Admin] TheDarkDeceiver's Application 6 years 7 months ago #696847

Steam Name: TheDarkDeceiver

Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/DarkDeceiver/

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:61395285

Current Gametracker Profiles:
www.gametracker.com/player/TheDarkDeceiv...arpgaming.com:27100/
www.gametracker.com/player/Dark/play.zarpgaming.com:27100/

Estimated Server Time: 35 hours

Languages I speak: English (fluent), Spanish (partial)

Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin:
My time as a moderator has helped me to understand what a staff member's role is for the server and the necessity of people to enforce the rules, as Zarp's popularity can attract all kinds of people, good and bad. I have also been able to familiarise myself with the rules and how they should be enforced, as this varies between staff members, and it has allowed me to understand the punishments and the way to act when dealing with rulebreakers.

Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (EG: defiant user):
Within only 48 hours of receiving my rank, I had to deal with a group of people on the server that were using the text and voice chat to express racist jokes and remarks. I knew that I had to deal with this situation quickly as it was encouraging other users on the server to join in, so I gave verbal warnings to the offenders. As they continued after I had warned them many times, I used the mute command to stop them from writing or saying these harsh messages. One of the offending users repeatedly left to avoid punishment, and returned after being kicked, so I messaged an Admin (Emp1ire) who assisted me in this situation by issuing a temporary ban to him as I did not have the power to do so. This was a motivating factor for me to apply for an Administrator position, as Moderators cannot independantly handle situations like this with the limited powers available.

If you had to write a letter to train a moderator in between 100-200 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?:
Congratulations on becoming part of the Bhop staff team! You should read the staff ethos here to understand your role and duty as a moderator, and you should familiarise yourself with the server rules to ensure you can be a productive staff member. There is a weekly staff meeting at 8pm GMT on TeamSpeak (ts.zarpgaming.com), so be sure to attend to vote on new staff members and to stay up to date with suggestions and news.

Your role as a moderator will be to stop users from breaking rules and to assist users with any issues that they may have, such as learning to bhop or finding the CSS content to view maps properly. Moderators have access to the slay, mute (chat and globally), kick, strip and freeze commands, which are mostly self explanatory with the exception of freeze to be used for hackers/cheaters and slay to be used to help someone who is stuck on the map so that they can return to the last stage if they wish to do so.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player X appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for Cheating, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?

My response to this appeal would also take into account the time since the player was banned for cheating, as I would expect them to have a period of time to reform and reflect on their ban, and I would speak to the staff member who banned the player. I would ask this staff member about Player X's conduct in-game to help decide if they deserve to be unbanned, and I would support an unban for this player if I saw fit. I have seen that this has occured before on Zarp's Bhop server, and I am aware that the person who was caught cheating by a staff member reformed and did not use cheats again on the server. It is also important that it is their only ban, as I would be less likely to support an unban if they had been banned before for the same reasons.

Why I should be promoted (we recommend around 100 words):
I should be promoted as I dedicate a lot of time to the server frequently, and I am able to provide a better duty as an administrator as I can deal with more situations myself instead of having to ask another staff member of a higher level to come on. Often, I am the only staff member on the server, so I feel that I need more power to be able to stop rulebreakers efficiently on my own. I have performed my duty as a moderator well since I got the position, but I would like to be an even better staff member and have more of an influence over the server that cannot be achieved by being a moderator. I am enjoying my time as a moderator with a noticeable effect of how users act when they see me online, showing that I act as a positive deterrent against rulebreakers. I respect all of the other staff members and I think it would benefit both me and the server if I was given a promotion.

Thanks for reading my application,

Dark
  • TheDarkDeceiver
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Sally. Reason: Fixed Steam Link
The topic has been locked.

[Bhop Admin] TheDarkDeceiver's Application 6 years 7 months ago #696848

Did a good job as mod as I've seen, should be promoted!

:support:
  • loxeo
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • how do you do?
  • Thanks received: 240
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheDarkDeceiver

[Bhop Admin] TheDarkDeceiver's Application 6 years 7 months ago #696876

Keep up the good work !

:plussp:
  • Katje
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 844

[Bhop Admin] TheDarkDeceiver's Application 6 years 7 months ago #697166

:plussp:
I`d really like to see Dark as an Administrator, He strives to do his best constantly. And I`d like to thank him for all the work that he has put into Bhop so far. However, due to his limited commands, He cannot do as much as he needs to do sometimes. I think Dark would suit the Admin Position really well.
Good luck :)
  • Oppa
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 24
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Oppa.

[Bhop Admin] TheDarkDeceiver's Application 6 years 7 months ago #697927

Good application seen him doing a good job ig Support from me good guy
:support:
  • Badrex
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2

[Bhop Admin] TheDarkDeceiver's Application 6 years 7 months ago #700351

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP BHOP! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

We just wanted to say Congratulations! The staff team has voted to accept your application, which means you’re now a part of the ZARP staff.

Before you get started, another admin will help train you on the server and get you setup with your new rank. There’s also a handy guide created by the community which should help you get up to speed with your new menus & commands. And don’t forget you can always ask another staff member if you’re not sure about something

ZARP BHOP Staff Meeting – Every Sunday 8PM UTC

There’s a weekly staff meeting for the server at the above time, which is held on the ZARP Teamspeak server (IP: ts.zarpgaming.com). You now get a vote on the new staff members and we’ll keep you up to date with new events and server updates at the meeting.

Congratulations and thanks for supporting ZARP!

• Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

158 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127