SteamID: STEAM_0:1:56114697

Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1
Server 2
Server 3

Estimated Server Time: Over 200 hours

Languages I speak: English

Promotion Related Questions

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

I feel like I've made a positive impact on the SSRP servers during my time as an Administrator. Lately when I've been connecting to server one there are at least 5 unfinished F1's with a lot of players complaining in OOC about the lack of administrative presence, especially in the middle of the night when a lot of the European staff members are offline asleep. During these situations specifically I do my best to handle everyone's issues to the best of my ability and try to restore general stability across the server. Being an Administrator again has also made me even more confident in my knowledge of the rules of the server, and has brought me closer to many members of the staff team allowing us to work more effectively together.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

I believe there are a number of reasons why I should be promoted to Super Administrator. The first being that I am a Community Ambassador of Friendly Players, which is equivalent to Zarp's Community Manager. While Friendly Players may not be in the same situation as Zarp population wise, I still had to work my way up the ranks over a period of four - five years. While working up to this rank I held a number of ranks across multiple game modes. On our DarkRP server, I worked from a Member (lowest staff rank) to a Super Administrator, and eventually Head Administrator. This was when I believe my experience as a Staff Member really started to build and I was extremely confident in my abilities to handle any situation. Building off my experience as a staff member on our DarkRP server, I was also a Super Administrator on our HL2:RP server, and was given an opportunity by Chute to run a 100% custom Flood gamemode which was a large success upon the initial launch of the server. After Chute acquired Zarp in 2013 I was involved in multiple areas of the community, becoming TTT Owner, was helping in the setup of a Serious RP server with Xhantium which sadly never launched, and was also an Administrator on the SSRP server back then. All of this experience has accumulated to where I'm at today staffing wise. I've become a leader, and I believe as a Super Administrator I can greatly improve the overall efficiency of the staff team.

I also believe a big reason I should be promoted to Super Administrator is that I think the lead team could use a few more Americans. Especially with Server 3, Americans are playing a bigger part in Zarp than before, and our time zone needs as much help as it can get. When it gets late in my time zone the servers often fall into chaos, with very little staff online to help settle the server. With Super Administrator I would have greater power and authority to get the server under control again, whether by taking care of the situation myself or calling other staff members onto the server. As I'm writing this application I have been dealing with every F1 on server 1 by myself, with 40 players online. These are the reasons why I believe I am a good candidate for Super Administrator.

Situations

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

One night on server 1 around the time the rare items store comes out (2AM EST), I was again in the situation where I was one of the only active staff members on the server taking care of everyone's issues. Suddenly the server began to lag on and off, seemingly about to crash and then coming back up again. I went through the entire map searching for what I assumed what prop spam or whatever else could be causing the lag. After about 10 minutes of searching through the map, manually teleporting to every player I could to try and solve the issue with every player on the server yelling at me in OOC to solve the lag, I couldn't find anything in-game causing it. I assumed it was a DDoS attack, but pretty much every European staff member was offline during this time as it was sometime around 5AM there. I was doing my best to calm everyone on the server that their items and money would be safe, and that the attack would end shortly, which it did.

The next day I was speaking with Chute and a few other Lead Team members and after putting some pieces together we figured out a user was exploiting a certain tool which was causing the lag, and the exploit has since been fixed as a result.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

If I deemed the report to be serious as it had substantial evidence against the staff member I would get in contact with that staff member as soon as possible, and over TeamSpeak if I could. The reason being I believe people take talking to's and warnings more seriously over voice chat rather than text chat. Moving on, I would immediately get their side of the story and have them explain to me every detail that they can recall, and their reasonings behind whatever it is they did. After getting the staff member's side of the story, I would approach the user who reported the staff member and also get their side of the situation, again trying to get every detail possible in order to get the best understanding of what exactly happened to cause the report against the staff member. After hearing what both sides of the situation had to say and when I believe I have the best understanding of what exactly happened during the situation which caused the report, I would once again review the evidence to make sure it matches up with the staff member's and user's story. After all of this is done, I would speak with fellow Lead Team members on the situation and talk with them about how we should proceed with the staff member. After this discussion I would reply to the topic with the final decision reached, whether it be accepted or denied, the reasons behind that decision, and how we are going to proceed from that point.

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

Initially I would ask the staff member privately to come speak with me in a secluded and private area. After getting them in a place in which we can have a conversation about what happened, I would get their side of the story behind the ban and try to collect all the details I can. While the staff member is explaining what happened, I would be checking the user's rapsheet to see if that coincides with the staff member's story. Regardless of the discussion, I would remind the staff member of the Ethos and that they shouldn't resort to the ban power first, but try to use the warn system and other punishments instead. After this I would review the ban with the staff member, seeing if he or she would be willing to reduce the ban or unban the user entirely.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

If the situation was so bad that it required immediate attention I would step into the discussion and intervene, trying to make sure the user doesn't get too frustrated or upset with the staff member and cause an escalation. After the discussion is over and the situation is resolved, I would speak with the staff member and try to explain to him or her better ways to speak with users who are uncooperative or just not really listening to you. I would remind them to always keep their cool no matter the situation their in, hostile or passive. Our job overall is to ensure that every player on the server is having the best experience possible, and I would do my best to remind the staff member of their obligation to this and try to help them in anyway I possibly could.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

Firstly I would let both know that I will handle and investigate the situation, and start by getting the accusing staff member into a private area to start the discussion on what happened. Similarly to the other situations, I would get as much detail out of this staff member as possible to try and get to the bottom of what happened to result in the accusations, trying to collect as much evidence from the accuser as possible. After this discussion, I would do the same with the other staff member and get their side of the story to see if there's any correlation or differences between the two, also asking this staff member to provide any evidence in their defence. After being positive that I have a solid understanding of the situation and believe I have all the evidence required, I would make my decision and act on the outcome. If I believed the staff member did in fact break the rules, I would speak with them in private about which rules they had broken specifically and see if I could help resolve any questions they had about that rule and any others. I would also thank the reporting staff member for bringing it to a Lead Team member's attention and to keep up the good work. If I didn't believe the staff member broke rules, I would explain to both staff members the reasoning why I came to the decision I did, and speak with the accusing staff member about the rules they believed the other staff member broke. After making sure there are no questions about the rules, I would end the situation and monitor both staff members to make sure there are no hard feelings between the two after the situation is over and done with.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

I would immediately bring the two to a private place together for them to talk out the situation, jumping in and intervening if necessary. During this discussion I would ask both of them what initially started the argument, and talk with them about ways they can compromise and come to a peaceful conclusion. Once the situation is more relaxed I would do my best to remind them that the staff team is exactly that, a team. A very important part of an efficient staff team is cooperation, and while they may not believe their argument is a big deal I would tell them it could very much create a divide within the team if the situation was serious enough, with people taking sides with their friends and blocking out the opposing side. I would do everything I can to make sure the argument doesn't spark again, and keeping any possible divides bridged.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

I would immediately bring that staff member to a private area away from users and any roleplay and begin speaking with them about the situation that just unfolded. I would start by explaining what rules they were breaking, and see if it was intentional rule breaks or a misunderstanding. I would explain to the staff member what I just witnessed, why it was wrong, and how he or she can avoid that situation or one similar to it again. If the situation was bad enough, I would suggest that the staff member take some time off the server to cool down, and take time to re-read the rules again to be sure he or she doesn't have any outstanding questions about any of them. After finishing my discussion with the staff member, I would speak with any users involved in the situation explaining to them what exactly happened and what I am doing to resolve it to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thank you for reading!
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • FP Ambassador™
  • Thanks received: 616
"Tbh you would have been a cm by now if you hadn’t got banned." - EMP 5/10/18
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Super Admin] Viking's Application 6 years 7 months ago #675395

Deserves it!!!!!!!!!!!!
:support:
  • Grumpy Marshmallow
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Particle Bender's Friend (Raeker is a lad)
  • Thanks received: 223
►▬ ♦Ex-Prop Hunt Owner♦ ▬◄
►▬ ♦Ex-TTT Head Administrator♦ ▬◄
►▬ ♦Ex-TeamSpeak Staff♦ ▬◄
►▬ ♦Ex-Forum Staff♦ ▬◄
►▬ ♦Rapture CO-owner♦ ▬◄
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viking

[SSRP Super Admin] Viking's Application 6 years 7 months ago #675404

Amazing candidate for the position!
  • Dragonz
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Bhop gamer
  • Thanks received: 99
Ex - SSRP Moderator x3 | February 2017 - September 2017
Ex - SSRP Administrator | September 2017 - February 2018
Ex - Jailbreak Moderator | RIP
R7 5800X3D | RTX 3060 Ti

[SSRP Super Admin] Viking's Application 6 years 7 months ago #675409

Im not a guy to go around giving plus supports to people unless they truly deserve it, let alone for super admin apps, but viking is a guy who truly deserves it. Hes always on teamspeak and the servers, doing F1s, which is a rarity nowadays. He's mature and well respected by everyone. This is a guy I guarantee will get Super Admin.
  • Brusk_Macaroon
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • EMP cheated to keep me undefeated in Trivia Crack.
  • Thanks received: 260
I've never been happy.

I basically was headadmin on everything. I was the badgewhore.

[SSRP Super Admin] Viking's Application 6 years 7 months ago #675437

I don't post on these apps a lot but since we had a Super Admin resigning i think you will be a good fit in the lead team
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661

[SSRP Super Admin] Viking's Application 6 years 7 months ago #675440

AceInsidious wrote:
I don't post on these apps a lot but since we had a Super Admin resigning i think you will be a good fit in the lead team
Two Super Admins gone in a week*
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3528

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge
The following user(s) said Thank You: AceInsidious

[SSRP Super Admin] Viking's Application 6 years 7 months ago #675451

Sally wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:

Whoops this is akward
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by AceInsidious.

[SSRP Super Admin] Viking's Application 6 years 7 months ago #675554

Sally wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:
Quit saying it, it hurts every time I'm reminded. FP squad took a hit. :(
  • SoraJS
  • Legendary Member
  • Capsule Corp.
  • Thanks received: 625
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viking, ChummyXRay, Legendary Soldier

[SSRP Super Admin] Viking's Application 6 years 7 months ago #675564

SoraJS wrote:
Sally wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:

Want another hit? Jk Jk
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed

[SSRP Super Admin] Viking's Application 6 years 7 months ago #675567

AceInsidious wrote:
SoraJS wrote:
Sally wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:

Want another hit? Jk Jk
Welcome to the crusade for your empty threats how dare you.
  • SoraJS
  • Legendary Member
  • Capsule Corp.
  • Thanks received: 625

[SSRP Super Admin] Viking's Application 6 years 7 months ago #675664

SoraJS wrote:
Sally wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:
The dream is still alive #Viking4SA #FPRebootV2
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™

[SSRP Super Admin] Viking's Application 6 years 7 months ago #675671

Viking wrote:
SoraJS wrote:
Sally wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:

Still waiting for the reboot
  • Brusk_Macaroon
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • EMP cheated to keep me undefeated in Trivia Crack.
  • Thanks received: 260
I've never been happy.

I basically was headadmin on everything. I was the badgewhore.

[SSRP Super Admin] Viking's Application 6 years 7 months ago #675673

Brusk_Macaroon wrote:

SoonTM
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5653
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by OnionRings.

[SSRP Super Admin] Viking's Application 6 years 7 months ago #675674

Brusk_Macaroon wrote:
Viking wrote:
SoraJS wrote:
Sally wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:

It'll be released alongside the SSRP Summer Update
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™

[SSRP Super Admin] Viking's Application 6 years 7 months ago #675811

Great guy, and great admin really deserves SA

• Magik
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ye man
  • Thanks received: 621

[SSRP Super Admin] Viking's Application 6 years 7 months ago #675814

Viking definitely deserves the role to become a Super Admin, insanely active on S1, handling reports, current Community Ambassador, solved exploits, definitely has everything to have this role.
Definitely a massive :support:
  • Ashy
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • knowledge above all nonsense
  • Thanks received: 275

[SSRP Super Admin] Viking's Application 6 years 7 months ago #675817

Very experienced as staff, very well fit for the lead team.

Good luck!
  • xInsaneSamurai
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • dddddd
  • Thanks received: 623
18-7-17

[SSRP Super Admin] Viking's Application 6 years 7 months ago #675935

you'll get it 100%, no competition
  • Hellsdevil