Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Admin] John Smith's Application

[SSRP Admin] John Smith's Application 6 years 7 months ago #673429

RP Name: J0hn or John Smith123 or J0hn Smith (Atm John x Chad x Jake = Threesome)
Timezone: GMT 0
Steam link: steamcommunity.com/id/7775699091/
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:104846790
S1: www.gametracker.com/player/John/darkrp.zarpgaming.com:27015/
S2: www.gametracker.com/player/John/darkrp.zarpgaming.com:27025/
S3: www.gametracker.com/player/john/usa.zarpgaming.com:27015/
Estimated Time: 263.51667 hours (recheck at meeting)
Languages: English

Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin:

As a Moderator I have been able to get a grasp of all commands and when to use them. My time as a Moderator might have been short but I have been able to get used to new commands and how they work. I am dedicated by doing F1s and also letting other staff members do F1s. I am always available to help staff members and as a moderator, I have been able to handle simple situations and I believe I am ready for Administrator.

Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (EG: defiant user):

On server one I was doing F1 situation is when we needed to ban somebody but no admins was online. As an administrator, I would also be able to handle ban requests or ban people ingame if needed and when people Ltap (Leaving to Avoid Punishment) but as admin I can deal with it myself without bothering an admin. Also as Moderator I have seen the best roofs to use nearest in districts therefore I can use noclip and get there faster. And i have asked as many questions as i needed to therefore it has helped me to become a better moderator with every question.

If you had to write a facebook post to train a moderator in between 200-300 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?:

Hello new staff member, congratulations on becoming a staff member. This post will help you to know commands and when to punish someone or leave it with a verbal warning.
First off we will begin with the F1 Report system here is a screenshot of what it looks like steamcommunity.com/id/7775699091/screenshot/8527241595330764 the first section on the F1 menu is the “Admin Requests” on this tab is players who have an issue such as Rdm, Cdm things like that and when you right click on it steamcommunity.com/id/7775699091/screenshot/852724159533108993 this is what it looks like and “Handle this” is when you want to handle the F1 and the other option is “Discard as Spam or abuse” and when you do this is if someone is just spamming the F1 report saying like just letters numbers or just abuse at staff like calling them names stuff like that. Next once you have done “handle this” it will allow you to “goto”, “bring”, “Mark as finished” and “Abort handling this”. With “goto” it will teleport you to the player that has created the F1 and with “bring” this will teleport the player to you. “Mark as Finished” is when you have finished the situation last is the “Abort Handling this” this is used when someone else has handled the situation already done the situation and want to do finish the F1 themselves as they handled it and it will look like this steamcommunity.com/id/7775699091/screenshot/852724159533108993.
Now I will go through how to handle a situation once you do “handle this” you will teleport to the player and check if they are in an RP situation if they say yes they are in one DO NOT teleport them wait in till the Rp Situation is over and then go back to them and see if when it is over then when they are ready teleport them to a roof and let him explain the situation and with any evidence then check the logs to see who killed them or what the situation was about then teleport to the person check if they are ready and if they are teleport them to a roof (Ready as not in Rp situation). Then let him / her explain their side of the situation and then put the peace of both stories’ and see who telling the truth then once you know if they are if they did break the rule. I they apologise and the victim accepts the apology, DO NOT warn them. If they apologise and the victim denies the apology, then you may use the /warn STEAMID. Always use the SteamID as you might warn somebody else on accident. OR check the players Rapsheet that is on the tab steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1116778698 then it will look like this if they do have past punishments steamcommunity.com/id/7775699091/screenshot/852724159533178053 it will say what for when it was given and by who the punishment counts as being recent if it was in the past two weeks however if they do not have any punishments it will look like this steamcommunity.com/id/7775699091/screenshot/852724159533188067

In this situation is if somebody is micspamming or chatspamming. If this happens, they will try to be micspamming to annoy people, they may also be racist which is an instant warn using the /warn STEAMID reason command. If somebody is chatspamming, you may use the /mute STEAMID reason time (or other way around) or use the tab menu. This is easier to mute or gag somebody. This should be the basic commands you need to know about.

This next situation is if they try to escape a sit, if they ever do, you can do the /freeze command to freeze them. They can not move, shoot, etc. They can only type and speak. Normally they won't try to escape from a sit but if they do, then you know what to do. BUT try to use the tab menu to do this because it sometimes freezes the wrong person.
With both of these situations I would give verbal warnings such as the spam give them one before you mute them.

List Of Commands:

/warn SteamID Reason- Warns a user for a certain reason if you put it in. If they reach 3 recent warns, they will recieve an automatic kick. A 4th warn is an automatic ban.

/slay - Slays a user where they are. It isn't commonly used but can be used to slay somebody if need be. (mostly used if the player is a mutant with a weapon and once asked to holster it doesn’t)

/kick - Kicks a person off the server for a reason. (Prop Spamming)

/mute - Mutes a person's chat for a set period of time.

/goto - Goto a person to ask them for an F1.
/jail [steamID or Name] [time]

/bring - Brings a person to you for an F1 or another reason
With most of these comands though it is better to use the tab menu!

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for propspam, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?

Firstly I would say about I am looking into it so they know it is being handled so then the player knows it is being looked into then I would speak to the member of staff that banned him and get a brief understanding of the situation

#Accepted

or
#Denied
with the reason.

Why I should be promoted (we recommend around 150 words):

I should be promoted to admin because I think I know have the experience on the server to get the promotion yes I have only been Moderator for 3 weeks (4 when meeting) but I do many F1s a day and I have asked questions if I was unsure about something and I have been fair to all the players and since I have asked questions I learned a lot as moderator and I think I could help the server a lot more as admin because there is always a time at night or in the day there isn’t an admin on the server to do a ban I often have to message one on steam that is on a different server to do the ban (Thanks Dramn and Tilin and every other admin that has helped me with questions or doing the ban for me) and I always have given the admin the correct evidence to do the ban such as yesterday someone went around mass rdming then one I had him froze on a roof once I asked him why he said some racist stuff and admitted to the mass rdm and then he Ltap’d so I message Dramn after 5 min to make sure he wasn’t rejoining the server I message him with the SteamID and all of the evidence and he was banned. However if I was admin I could have done it myself without bothering an admin on another server to do it for me and I am more than willing to learn more as admin of the things I don’t know. I do keep updated with the rules, posts and reports.
Thank you for reading.
  • John Smith
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 22
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by John Smith.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Admin] John Smith's Application 6 years 7 months ago #673540

:plussp:
John is a very mature and nice person.
  • Tilin
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 38

Ex - SSRP Admin (17 April 2017-16 September 2017)

[SSRP Admin] John Smith's Application 6 years 7 months ago #677934

:plussp:

Good guy
  • aimmmmmmmmm
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1

[SSRP Admin] John Smith's Application 6 years 7 months ago #678421

:minussp:

Very abusive and disrespectful

Cannot keep his head in a chill mood.

EDIT: Now has an accepted abuse report on him.
  • TimeForPug
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1213
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by TimeForPug.

[SSRP Admin] John Smith's Application 6 years 7 months ago #678640

Handled a f1 very badly earlier he asked what happened I said what happened then he just tped me back and

Massive :minussp:
  • perp
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • perp
  • Thanks received: 864
perp

[SSRP Admin] John Smith's Application 6 years 7 months ago #679156

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP DarkRp! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

This time, the staff team have decided that you still need to work on your application and then apply again next week. To try and help you they have summarised some positives & negatives discussed during the meeting:
We feel like you need more time as a moderator/Report abuses accepted.

You can apply again at any time, and thanks for supporting ZARP!
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

241 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun