Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #636640

Steam Name: Exmortalis

Time Zone: Greenwich Mean Time

Link to Steam Profile: Father Watson's Profile

What server are you applying for? Semi-Serious RP.

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:45068417

Current Gametracker Profiles:
Watson's Server One GameTracker
Watson's Server Two GameTracker
Watson's Server Three GameTracker
(Again, as far as I'm aware - these should be fine.)

Estimated Server Time:
1850+ Hours

Languages I speak:
English. I also speak the extremely complex language "Pokemon4Ever"

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:
I started off as a moderator in a time when I wasn't doing the best; I paid for it because I knew that I couldn't take the role and that it demanded a certain level of professionalism. I jumped in head first without thinking about what I was doing. But then about seven or eight months later, I took on the role again because I believed I could cope with it. And you know something? I did.

Before I even went for staff on the server the first time, I had plenty of tastes of online chaos on and off ZARP. But being a staff member helped me get acclimated to the fact that I could actually do something about it. That I could be a part of the solution; and something about that made me want to dedicate myself to helping even more.

When I became administrator, it helped me realise that I could fight for people who were victimised by players who found their enjoyment in causing problems with other players. It helped me see my empathy manifest itself properly, and my natural desire to help people get the justice they deserve showed me how vital this role is to the server and how each and every person has their part to play. I think I've got the strength, the patience, the empathy and compassion, and the honesty to be a great super administrator. And I owe it partly to the fact that my experiences as an administrator showed me the correct path.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

There are five things I have that make me a good candidate for Semi-Serious Roleplay Super Administrator.

Patience

In my time on and off of ZARP; I've put up with a lot of issues that I've noticed some people just can't handle. I take it all in my stride because I know how important it is to show professionalism, strength, and a desire to actually hear someone out; even if it's something that's unpleasant to listen to. I'm someone who has dealt with the loud-mouthed 12-year-old and gotten them to calm down; I'm someone who can wait as long as necessary to get to the bottom of a situation and fix it properly. I'm someone who knows what he's doing.

Intuition

I take strides in the right direction to punctuate the point that when it comes to various problems that need addressing; I will do everything in my power to fix them, including taking the unconventional routes such as adding users on SnapChat/Skype/Steam/Kik, etc. to try and further assist. I have been in a situation where a player wouldn't speak to me and let me handle his F1 because my writing was "too professional-sounding", so I purposely dumbed down my writing to be able to help them. I handle rulebreakers in ways that are prompt and I try to be as fair as possible - this can sometimes be mistaken for leniency. Far from it.

Activity

Recently, I took a week-long break. This week long break was spent with my girlfriend up in Scotland because she is currently almost completely blind and can't come down to me. Now, I'd like to make something clear on this front - ZARP is important to me. I have invested a lot into it both financially and emotionally. But the needs of my loved ones come first; I'll admit.

On a more positive note, I'm one of the most consistent users on the server. I have played since 2013 - when Bloc42 was still being used - and this was the first Gmod server I ever played on. And I did take huge breaks back then - months went by before I came back! But then I started to come on more frequently and since then, I haven't been away for ZARP for too long a time because I do love being here. I will keep staying active, and I will always do my best to stay active - even if that means just using the forums and occasionally teamspeak while on holidays.

Trustworthyness

I'm one of the few people on the server to never scam back when scamming was still allowed. I will purposely give up friendships on the server because they tried to force me to scam with them back when it was allowed. I try to always be honest, kind and truthful to everyone, and push myself to always just be truthful about what happens - even if it's something that I know will put my advantageous position at risk. I listen to people, and they know me for always being an available ear if they have an issue. I'm also the person people come to when they want to know prices, or if they want to know general information about the server without the risk of being trolled.

Experience

I've been on the server long enough to know what I'm doing in almost all aspects; and even when I need to know what I'm talking about; I have all the tools at my disposal to do so. I focus on being an experienced, professional team member, and try to make every step to make sure people are informed and avoid any rulebreaks. I'm experienced enough to know also that I can do my job without assistance, but know when to play the part as a team member.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

There have been numerous scenarios I've dealt with which needed me to take extra measures outside my typical powers to fix. A simple situation was when I was handling a player who was inexplicably godded; and remained that way until dying and then the second he respawned - was godded again. I managed to get Tyler to assist with this situation after a while, though I did have to god him, ungod him, and then let Tyler fix the issue.

I've also had to help with booster and VIP issues, there have been issues where a player's perks for their booster packs weren't available, and I've had to pursue the matter personally until getting a hold of a CM to help out.

Furthermore, there have been issues where I've had to take screenshots and recordings of staff members who weren't following the ethos and wouldn't back down even after I've spoken to them as there were no lead team members to take the issue to at the time. This has helped me understand that while we are a team - I must be able to show my ability to speak out against those who would harm others, or abuse their powers.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

I'd handle it the same way I'd approach any kind of abuse issue, carefully and pragmatically while thinking of everyone's feelings and how they'd like to be treated.

I'd start off by going to the abuse report and saying I'll handle it by posting the following message;
Thank you for your report. I will personally speak to the staff member and we'll see what we can do.

I'd then go to the staff member and dependent upon their story and the proof provided, I'd either accept it or deny it. This would typically involve me going to the abuse report and messaging on the thread:
Thank you for your report once again, it has been accepted and this person will be spoken about in the meeting.
I have also personally advised them on a better course of action, and will keep an eye on them.
:accepted:

If the report has no grounds for acceptance, I'll deny it with the following:
Thank you for your report once again; unfortunately, there is (insufficient proof/nothing wrong with what they did,
etc).
:denied:

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

I'd begin talking to the staff member in question; making sure to approach them in a friendly, compassionate manner and helping us get to the bottom of why they banned this user for the time they did. If they explained it was just a mistake, I would look into advising them about doing it differently the next time. If they explained it was because of an incorrect idea they had about punishments; I'd reeducate them and make sure they know they can come and talk to any member of the lead team if they need to.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

I'd have to supervise in some ways; monitoring what they say but also making sure they know the right way to go about being patient, caring and respectful of both sides of the situation. Even if someone's a victim, there might be a touch of vindictiveness to their report; even if someone's a perpetrator, there might be a smidge of innocence to their situation. I would look into making sure that they know that certain actions during a sit are unacceptable - there's having fun with it, and then there's just abusing your powers. I'd top it off with making sure they know that if they need any further help, I can help them with their next couple sits by overviewing them.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

I would help to resolve it by bringing them both to one side, having them hash it out and talk about it in depth and hopefully get to the bottom of the situation by hearing both ends of the story so that I can reach a suitable conclusion. If there's some credibility to what the staff member has said, I'll talk to the accused about it and tell them that if they keep it up (this is purely speculative based upon if they only had this accusation to their name), I'll be forced to bring it up in the LTM and make sure they get the appropriate punishment for it.

Alternatively, if there's no credibility to it, I would attempt to fix the issue by making sure both parties try to play nice and understand that they're a team and there's no room for discord in a team.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

Our team doesn't need any chaos. We don't need to feel uneasy around those we work with; especially if we need to rely on those people to help us get the help we might need. It's not a matter of telling them just to stop, it's a matter of getting them to understand that they're part of a team and that intentionally sowing the seeds of mistrust within the team will not be tolerated. If they want to cause drama, they can do it elsewhere, but we don't do it here on ZARP.
I'd bring both parties to one side, talk to them both about what this is all about and try and get them to see that they're both valued members of the team but that their attitude towards each other will not be tolerated and that they will suffer consequences if it keeps up.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?
I would go to the staff member and talk to them about what they're doing, then tell them that their actions have warranted a speaking about during the LTM, and that they might face possible demotion if they don't make a change. I'd then tell them that I'd be purposely monitoring their actions for a short while to ensure that things like this don't happen tagain. If it keeps up, it may warrant me having to further discipline them. I think one good method is getting them on TeamSpeak to be in an environment with other team members so they can follow the right example.

Thanks for reading, people. I wish all the best of luck this week, and we'll see how we go, this time.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Sally. Reason: Fixed bbCode
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #636668

Holy shit that is a long and amazing app

:support:

How long did it take you?
  • perp
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • perp
  • Thanks received: 864
perp
The following user(s) said Thank You: Father Watson

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #636755

Four years.

couple days, really. kept getting distracted
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Father Watson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: perp, Raeker

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #636842

One of my favorite admins ;)
  • Magik
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ye man
  • Thanks received: 621

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #636850

There's no negatives. Seriously, there's not. Formerly I had the negative that you weren't on TS much before, but that issue no longer applies.

Good luck my man, you bloody deserve it!
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #636946

Thank you, dudes. I honestly appreciate it.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #636952

Holyyyyyy.
Gotta give sp for dat app.

:plussp:
  • Dewie
  • Expert Boarder
  • Stop.
  • Thanks received: 561

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #637355

Bump!
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #637360

You dumbed down your writing cause it was too proffesional? That says it all, honestly.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #637379

You dumbed down your writing cause it was too proffesional? That says it all, honestly.

I've used that argument in the past three applications because it's such a poignant point. It sounds kind of arrogant to put it that way (which I know I did in the application) but there was no other way of putting it aside from typing more "casually" or something. In the end, if I remember his issue correctly, it was a case of RDM that he wouldn't let me handle because I was typing like I had a stick up my ass (too "professionally"), basically.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #637383

:plussp: This guy deserves to be Super Admin instead of some other Super Admins -_-
  • HellForce
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Pay 3.99$ To See This Text
  • Thanks received: 458
(OOC) Sam Townsend: HellForce more like ScamForce !
troublemaker: im rich enough to fuck mia khalifa
troublemaker: 5 times

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #637410

Very, very friendly person. Full :plussp:!
  • Sierra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 3

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #637412

Yes!
  • Wonky
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • unbothered
  • Thanks received: 574

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #637443

why apply just give him the rank he +111 + 1 +support
  • GamerHero
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ExStaff #Resigned
  • Thanks received: 40

Click my Signature below to add me on steam!

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #637462

Nice app , I hope you can get SA rank . Good Luck!

• 0_______________________0
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 0_______________________00____​___________________0
  • Thanks received: 6
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by 0_______________________0.

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #637469

He does an amazing work :plussp:
  • Tamagay
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 24
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Tamagay.

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 8 months ago #638854

B-B-B-B-Bump.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 8 months ago #640413

Hey guys, last few hours. Let's see how we do this week.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 8 months ago #640415

Best of Luck man!
+Support
  • Samual Peterson
  • Junior Boarder