Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #632852

Steam Name: Exmortalis

Time Zone: Greenwich Mean Time

Link to Steam Profile: Father Watson's Profile

What server are you applying for? Semi-Serious RP.

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:45068417

Current Gametracker Profiles:
Watson's Server One GameTracker
Watson's Server Two GameTracker
Watson's Server Three GameTracker
(Again, as far as I'm aware - these should be fine.)

Estimated Server Time:
73907+21086+17388=1873.1 hours.

Languages I speak:
English. And I'm fluent in Nerdinese. That's a good language to know when you're lost in the Dungeons & Dragons convention.

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:
I was moderator about a year ago and I resigned; believing myself unready to take on the challenges of being a staff member. Now I know what I'm doing, now I know how to be a part of this team, and now I know what I'm aiming for. I became an administrator a week after becoming mod because I wanted the position and I knew I could do good with it if I proved myself. And that was why I invested all my effort into being the best staff member I could be.

When I became administrator, I was taught how to become an even better staff member by becoming a more firm, but understanding and empathetic person. I had to take the time to listen and had to think carefully about my decisions and deliberations. This really defined a lot of my experience as a staff member and taught me more about being a patient person - something I had lost a lot of since certain issues IRL had made that difficult for me.

Being an administrator has taught me to be a stronger person and I think that it's time for me to take that extra step once again in the hopes that I can help these servers even more - especially seeing as when the Summer Update drops, we will have a lot more traffic and a lot more potential moderators to train and look after.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

I have the intuition to see what I can and cannot do in regards to helping people, and I know that a lot of the time, there's a lot more I can do than can't. I'll handle rulebreakers frequently and accordingly, justifying each and every move I make and proving as such by the fact that I have no reports of abuse against me and being known as a mature and respectful admin. I've taken to get on Snapchat to further assist a member of our community. I've "dumbed down" my typing just to assist with an F1. I've also gone to higher sources when I know that there is an issue I can't help personally with.

A lot of my time as an admin has been me showing my ability to show true empathy and compassion for my fellow player by allowing them to say their piece and also being a part of the solution instead of the problem. I'll sacrifice even my own money and items to reimburse users who have lost theirs, and I do my part to make their experience enjoyable and fun. I'm always one to listen to people; most know me as a person to come to when they want to have a serious discussion about anything that might be bothering them. Everyone deserves to be treated like they're worth something.

I haven't always been the most active staff member; but I do drop in and do as many F1s as possible, most notably in times where there's no-one else to do them. I will invest the effort in being a part of the solution, even if it takes up a lot of my time. I'm one of the most dedicated users of ZARP, having an inventory of all 198 unique items, and making my presence known to many users even if I don't raid or base.

One of ZARP's most trusted players if I do say so myself; people know I'll never backstab when it comes to basing (when I do actually base - which is rare), people know I'm a reliable middle-man. People know that if they want something handled and it's a sensitive issue, they can rely on me to be discreet and considerate. When scamming was legal in ZARP; I was one of the few users who would never scam, even if it meant having to sacrifice bonds with people who were so desperate to scam other users they'd get horribly upset if I didn't help them do so.
I will tell people the honest prices of items if I know them; I will never overprice anything purposely unless it holds sentimental value and I'm not actually trying to get rid of it. My loyalty is further shown in the sense that I have donated much of my personal wealth to L4GY's growth, including over 400-500 mil in upgrades/funds.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

I have had to deal with hackers before; and I have actually dealt with a matter where a player was oddly godded every time he spawned in. I'm not entirely sure if the issue was completely resolved, but it seems Tyler worked his magic when I alerted him to the fact that this other player was godded.
I will go out of my way to help people with buying boosters and VIP, and any problems they've had (such as reported issues with their perks not appearing) I've made it a point to let the lead team know and fix the issue.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

Assuming the proper template was used and all the information was correct; I'd respond to the abuse report with the following:
Thank you for your report. I'll speak with Banter Banger myself.

If the report turns out to be correct and the staff member has been abusing, I'd have to discuss it with the accused and then tell them it'll be brought up in the lead team meeting but that I'll manage and mentor them for a while to make sure it doesn't happen again. Then I'd respond with:
"This staff member will be spoken about in the lead team meeting after speaking with them and confirming the issue in question. Thank you for your report, we will sort this out appropriately and we do apologise for your unfortunate experience. :Accepted:"

If the user was incorrect and just being vindictive over an issue unrelated to abuse of any kind, then I'd send them this, instead:
Unfortunately, this report does not meet the criteria of actual abuse, and as we have not found any evidence, we are forced to deny this report. :Denied:

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

I'd approach the staff member in a friendly, courteous way and just talk to them about their thought process when it came to banning the user, and come to an agreement where we get to reduce the ban to a more ethos-friendly standard, as well as making sure that the banned party knows what they did was wrong, still. I'd also let the staff member know that if they needed any further help, they could come to me or any other lead team member regarding any questions they may have.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

It's good to take note of what the issue is first, and then think about ways to approach the situation that make everyone happy. Unfortunately, this isn't always the option, but the staff member will be told that. If I have to step in and assist, I'll observe, make sure they know not to put in too many people in one sit as that can just become a total mess in a very short space of time (why I generally prefer sits to be three people including myself). It's really just a matter of making sure the staff member knows they don't need to flex their muscles and show off how easily they can warn someone for something, or how quickly they can ban someone. It's just important people know what's right and what's wrong.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

I'd have to speak to both parties and I'd also have to find out if this is just a matter of actual rulebreaking, or if there's something more going on where a staff member feels the need to get on top of another because of some silly feud. There's a difference between legitimate problems being caused by a staff member, and a staff member feeling the need to get even with someone they've had problems with in the past.
Of course, if it is an actual issue of the staff member breaking rules, I'd have to look into it and talk to them about how they can improve and try to avoid things like this in future. If it is a frequent issue with this staff member, we might discuss the possibility of having this brought up in the LTM and try to see what we can do about the person to stop this happening - with demotion a possibility.
However, it is always important to talk these things through with both parties so that they leave knowing that they're being taken care of, and that if they screw up; they can either improve, or suffer the consequences (But everyone makes mistakes).

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

Drama is the last thing the ZARP staff team needs as it can sow the seeds of discord and eventually cause lasting damage that'll leave a mark on the trust between staff members. We need to keep in mind that we're a team and that it's important for us to treat each other with respect and be understanding and sensitive towards each other's issues or problems. Disrespect won't be tolerated, and it's really a matter of taking the person who started the issue and talking through how to better treat their fellow staff members in future. Furthermore, it's important to talk to the rest of the staff about how we should all act towards each other, and that internal squabbles only make us look weak and leave us open to more rulebreakers that we might be ignoring. At the end of the day, we're a staff team formed to help the users of ZARP, not a drama club.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

Now this is where things really start to get hectic, because this is a sensitive situation where people can play the blame game, lie, cheat, and feel the need to just go nuts as per their survival instinct. No-one likes being told off, and more often than not, if I have to bring a staff member to one side to tell them that what they're doing is wrong - they're not gonna enjoy it. I'd get them on TeamSpeak, have them talk about what's going on, and tell them to back down because it is unacceptable behaviour. I will also bring it up in the lead team meeting as it's obviously gonna be a major issue regardless, and then I'll tell them that if they don't stop, they'll have their rank taken completely.

Thanks for reading. I know I'm late to this party, but hey. We'll see how we go this week. I know we've got a lot of super admins already, but I honestly think I can do a good job and I won't stop doing F1s just because I'm lead team. I'd be the same staff member I am, now.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #632946

Hello. Can I get some feedback? That'd be wonderful, bois.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #632953

You're a legend i really want to see you as siper admain x)
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #632954

:support:
  • Wonky
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • unbothered
  • Thanks received: 574

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #632958

Great, friendly, trustworthy guy.
Good luck man. You deserve it.
  • xInsaneSamurai
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • dddddd
  • Thanks received: 623
18-7-17

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #632973

honestly such a friendly guy defiantly deserves this!
  • Fred Wroolie
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • -----★Azgeda Owner★------
  • Thanks received: 2301

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #632978

Why aren't you yet!
  • Patriot
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Freedom is the sovereign right of every American.
  • Thanks received: 283

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #632980

I have seen you around for so long now. You are experienced and friendly. I wish you the best of luck man.
:plussp:
  • Aek177
  • Legendary Member
  • ★Ex TTT SO★Ex TS3 HA★Ex Global Moderator★
  • Thanks received: 846

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #633453

Bit of the old feedback, please!
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #633455

Sure

• Dewie
  • Expert Boarder
  • Stop.
  • Thanks received: 561

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #633664

I want you to be
#Accepted
  • JoeyRecon
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 自閉症
  • Thanks received: 414
Bring back ROY
Xnator i want LM back
Ex-Legendary Member
Ex-Head Admin Murder
Ex-Super Admin SSRP
Ex-BHOP Admin x3
Ex-Teamspeak Staff

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #633673

• Katje
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 844

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 6 years 9 months ago #633689

Father Watson is a great person. An amazing person. A fair person. He's the person that would be the next SSRP Super Admin if I'd have my way. Sadly I'm not part of the SSRP Lead Team and can't make that decision. There are quite a few Super Admins currently, and the question could be raised about whether another is needed.

If they need one then yiu're the best candidate. 100%.

Good luck man!
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: Father Watson
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

279 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1