SteamID:
STEAM_00195198025

Current Gametracker Profiles:
www.gametracker.com/player/Teddy/play.zarpgaming.com:27030/

Estimated Server Time:
3,000 minutes ≈ 50 hours

Languages I speak:
English

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:
I think my time as administrator has contributed greatly to becoming a super administrator. I have been an admin for a long time now, and I have met some truly amazing people. The staff team are friendly and the player base too, I think if I were to become a super administrator I could help more and deal with more complex problems (like hackers) more efficiently, and keeping an eye over other staff members to make sure they are doing alright.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team?
( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

I am a good candidate for the super administrator position because I think that I have been involved with zarp for a while now and I have gotten to know many players really well, which I hope has put me in good standing within the community. As well as this I feel like I am trusted as I have an administrator position on both bhop and ssrp, which I believe I perform well. I am extremely active, playing almost everyday for at least an hour. In this time I help out new users, create new friendships and can even lend a helping hand to staff. I like and enjoy to help - if anyone, whether that be a user not knowing how to surf, or a staff member needing help in a sticky situation, then I am happy to oblige. I can handle situations independently, which is necessary when working in a team to make sure everyone can get on with what they have to be doing.
All in all, I am a very friendly lad.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:
In my time as administrator, I haven't encountered any such situation. However, I do know of a situation which I have come across on another server, and how it could be handled. Say a staff member was abusing their powers to force change maps, or using noclip to complete the maps. I would first try and confront the staff member as to why they are doing such a thing, and would try and persuade them to stop. Upon talking with the staff member I would make sure that they do not repeat this action and would report them to a lead team member so that it could be brought up in the lead team meeting.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:
I would speak to both players to get an idea of things that had happened. First the user that filed the report, and then the staff member themselves. After speaking with both of them and getting an idea of the story, I would deduce an outcome and reply to the appeal on the forums:

ACCEPTED
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

DENIED
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?
I would first want to have a chat with the staff member, to find out the reason as to why they banned the user for such a long time, making sure that I link them to the Staff Ethos, to ensure they understand that everyone has the right to be treated fairly and equally. After reminding them of that, I would discuss with the staff member to either shorten the ban, or remove it altogether. As well as reminding them that next time they should take under consideration the ethos and the user's previous punishments, as well as dealing with the situation in a different way instead of just resulting to an extremely long ban, like the use of warning or kicking, which can most of the time be just as effective.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?
If I am ingame and I see a staff member that is finding it difficult to deal with a user in an appropriate manner, I would take control of the situation that they are handling and deal with it myself, to avoid any agitation from the user. Having done this I would try and get the staff member on teamspeak so I can speak to them on what they did wrong, and how they can improve next time, as well as keeping an eye on them for a couple more days, to make sure that they had taken on the advice that I gave them.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?
I would first learn of both sides of the story to get an idea of what I am dealing with. Then I would speak with both staff members to try and match up the stories. If the staff member admitted to breaking rules, I would thank them for being honest but would remind them that this is unacceptable and that it would have to be brought up in the Lead Team Meeting. If the staff member denied the allegations, I would report back to the staff member who is accusing and ask to see any evidence. If the evidence is valid and clearly shows the staff member breaking rules, I would criticise the guilty staff member for lying and would bring them up in the Lead Team Meeting, however, if the evidence is false, I would say to the staff member who is accusing to try and gather more evidence. On top of this I would also spectate the accused staff member for the next few days, just to make sure they are not breaking any rules.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?
I would first tell both staff members to stop. They have an image to uphold and arguing blatantly won't solve anything. After this I would get the disrespectful staff member on teamspeak so that I can privately talk with them in order to find out what caused them to act this way, and to try and fix it. Upon conclusion I would remind them that being disrespectful can be hurtful to others, and is not the way in which a member of staff should be acting. It is unacceptable behaviour and I would remind them that they will be brought up in the Lead Team Meeting.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?
I would teleport to the staff member and then remove their powers (emergency demotion) so that no further damage can be done. Upon doing this I would talk to them in order to find some sort of reasoning as to why they did what they did. As a member of the staff team, they should be upholding an image of professionalism and be setting an example to other users. If a user sees a staff member break rules, they would think it is ok for them to do so as well, which is not what we want to portray. I would leave the person without powers for the rest of the week, and then bring them up in the Lead Team Meeting.
  • Teddyy
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
  • Thanks received: 92
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Teddyy.
The topic has been locked.

[Surf Super Admin Application] Teddy 7 years 1 month ago #509720

:support:
  • perp
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • perp
  • Thanks received: 864
perp
The topic has been locked.

[Surf Super Admin Application] Teddy 7 years 1 month ago #509738

ur my slut