Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #488802

Name: Pitt #CM

Time Zone: BST – British Standard Time (UK)

Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/Convection/

What server are you applying for? Deathrun

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:80657775

Current Gametracker Profiles:
www.gametracker.com/player/Pitt%20%23CM/...arpgaming.com:27035/

Estimated Server Time: 254.25 Hours

Languages I speak: English

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

I feel that my time as an admin has contributed to becoming a super administrator by giving me the necessary experience within the role as Admin. I have learnt a lot as being admin as I encounter issues a lot while playing due to rule breakers, I’ve had challenging moments when admin where I’ve had many rule breakers where I’ve had to think and act quickly to deal with them, these tend to be kids who intend on mic spamming and spamming. As mentioned later, I’ve seen issues within the staff team that I’ve had to contact the lead team to help in resolving the issue. As seeing these issues have helped me learn how they typically happen and how I could handle them if need be.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team?
( in this part you can go as detailed as you want)
:

I believe what makes me a good candidate would be that, I have/tried to put as much time as I possibly can into the server in hopes of populating and clearing the server of rule breakers. As being an active, trusted and friendly user within the staff team, I believe that I could be a good person for the role. What people tend to lack sometimes is paying attention to detail, they just see an issue and assume the first thing. With me I tend to look at every possible issue that exists and how I could possibly go out and attempt to solve it either by myself or contacting higher. I’ve had a lot of experience as being moderator and admin on the death run server, which has helped me ways of dealing with situations that may possible come on. With having experience in staffing on other servers and my own server, I can bring my existing knowledge and ideas to help and do my bit while also learning new things.
My motivation and mindset within this community is simply to help where I can, so that we have happy and loyal players that come back to the server because it stands out to them from the crowd. The fact some staff are willing to put a lot of hours into the server just to do their bit. I want to help out death run anyway I can and help it gain more popularity than what it had/has.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

A situation I’ve been in where I needed help of lead team member would be when, I experienced two staff members arguing with each other. I wouldn’t count it as an obstacle exactly as I witnessed a staff member joking/arguing with another staff member. This then makes the server and staff team appear as immature and bad. I would then remind the staff members through admin chat that they have a responsibility on the server and need to stop or take it to private messages. I then reported this to Micky (Head Admin) when he was available so that he knew about the situation before one of them might have complained to a lead team member. This situation was then dealt with them appropriately.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

If an abuse report was filed against another staff member on the forums, then I would first acquire information in the reason for the staff member to be reported in the first place. By this I would speak to both parties to build up the scene and to find the exact necessary information to piece together what exactly happened and the cause. I would speak with other staff to find out if they have seen anything go on between the two people in game as they would be a witness.
I would also require to speak to both in a private spacer TeamSpeak, so that they can both give me their sides of the story. From then I would look at the evidence collected that’s reliable and trusted and decide. I would always find out the necessary information with proof to decide as this is what backs up someone’s point.

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation;

'A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?'

If I was told/checked to see that a staff member has banned a user for an excessive amount of time, I would first check their reason that they have put for the ban and then go from there. If a staff member banned user X for 3 weeks or longer with the reason death avoid, I would instantly contact the staff member as 3 weeks is excessive for the that rule broken. I would firstly ask how many verbals were given and then why they felt the need of banning the user for that time. If they felt it was fair. Depending on the response, such as him saying he deserved it as he’s not a nice guy I would consider shortening/removing the ban due to the poor excuse. I would then speak to the staff member on how they need to be more friendly when it comes to bans depending on the exact rule(s) broken.
Situations that involve ensuring that everyone is treated fairly can change depending on evidence and exact reasoning for bans, this is one reasoning I have.

'A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?'

If this situation was happening while I’m there to witnessing it, I would simply need to understand the member appears to be struggling as it can come off as being a little rude to some people. I would message the user either through Steam or admin chat. Most likely I would talk to him in admin chat and give him advice and tips on how he can deal with the user properly or easier. I would make sure that he knows I’m trying to help him and that if he’s ever struggling he can contact me for advice on handling situations to make him moderating/administrating easier and effective.
Most of the time new staff can end up struggling on knowing how to deal with a user based off a rule, for example they might not know what exact punishment is to be used for the broken rule and having a verbal giving beforehand. I would always make sure that the staff member can continue their job knowing the advice given to help him with future situations.

'A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?'

If this situation was to unfortunately happen I would firstly look at what the user is being accused of breaking before privately talking to both members. Due to both members being staff this isn’t meant to happen as they’re two staff members who are to help against rule breakers. I would talk to them through steam chat or TeamSpeak privately depending on how they want to so that I can establish the situation with sides of their stories. Depending on how the staff member has gone about accusing this person, I would simply remind the user that they’re staff and that they have a responsibility within the community. If the broken rule was clearly done with intent, they would be warned as I believe in treating staff and players both equally and fair. Accidents can happen which is why I would find out exactly the rule and evidence to back up rule broken before any action is taken. Having two staff members have issues can also cause conflict upon the server or behind the scenes so sorting this out as soon as possible is key.

'A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks and argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?'

If a staff member was to be disrespectful to another staff member or cause an argument within the staff team, I would speak to the person/people involved with the incident. I would respectfully speak to both privately either through steam chat or verbally on TeamSpeak to establish what exactly has happened and exactly how to treat this. For example, if the staff was making a joke towards another staff member, which was taken to be harmful even though the joke was intended to be harmful I give the user a verbal warning and make sure he apologies to avoid conflict between them.

As stated different situations have different approaches towards the situations, I would always try and find out exactly what’s happened and make sure the issue is resolved by giving a warning and taking it further if anything was to happen within the future. If a situation got to the point where I can’t make an easy decision I would ask a member from the lead team to assist me on resolving the situation.

'You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?'

If I see a staff member breaking rules to a point of harming other users, then I would treat the situation very serious depending on exactly what was broken. For example, a user may have just learnt/seen the staff member perform an exploit to avoid traps or to ruin the map. I would immediately contact the person through steam and admin chat to tell them that are not to demonstrate anything that breaks the rules to a user as they might abuse it later in the future. If the user was intending to exploit or rule break in which harms others I would speak to the user and give them a verbal warning as they’re staff and their job is to prevent these kind of things, not promote them. Due to being SA, I most likely would need assistance or involvement of a higher up from the lead team if the user is to abuse again.
Like I keep saying, different situation cause different responses. A staff member would be verbally warned if this happens and if done on purpose would be a strict warning as it would make the staff team look bad. Staff have an important role within the community despite the rank they’re here to help and not abuse, I know people like to have fun and such but this comes to a point. If users have a chance of being harmed, then the thing happening is to stop instantly or not to happen at all to avoid this indecent.

Thank you for reading my application, I’ve tried to explain the best I can while also giving an overall explanation in a particular situation just in case. Good luck to the other applicants. skrrt skrrt
Sorry if you're colour blind (There is a few colours rip)
  • Pitt
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 270
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Pitt.
The topic has been locked.

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #488807

Very good admin hes been Staff of the week a lot for a reason and its time for him to get what he really deserves
:plussp:
  • hamad711
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ex. Deathrun SuperAdmin
  • Thanks received: 335

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #488811

Great staff and friend. Constant staff of the week devoted to the server always trying to help and make suggestion to benefit the server good luck

• A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pitt

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #488813

I personally have played with Pitt a lot and I know that he is an amazing candidate, not only is he dedicated but he has experience, he offers to help out other moderators for example a new mod such as (Hamad) Pitt has spoken with me saying if he needs help he is willing to help him, he is a great lad who interacts with all staff and players on the server and he handles situations really well, so good luck man it is a massive :plussp: from me! :D
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7912
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi, Pitt

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #488816

abusive asf

• rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1739

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #488857

• Grumpy Marshmallow
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Particle Bender's Friend (Raeker is a lad)
  • Thanks received: 223
►▬ ♦Ex-Prop Hunt Owner♦ ▬◄
►▬ ♦Ex-TTT Head Administrator♦ ▬◄
►▬ ♦Ex-TeamSpeak Staff♦ ▬◄
►▬ ♦Ex-Forum Staff♦ ▬◄
►▬ ♦Rapture CO-owner♦ ▬◄

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #488858

Great admin wins staff of the week pretty much every week (for a reason)
would definitely benefit having him as part of the lead team!
  • Hey its Alex
  • Legendary Member
  • Ex- Deathrun HA, Ex-TTT Admin x2, Ex-Surf Mod
  • Thanks received: 460

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #488860

activity good not friendly knows rules but do not trust him with the powers
so it is a :minussp:
  • Lotto_Totto
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1147

Ex TTT & Deathrun Super Admin
Ex TTT 4x ,prophunt 2x,murder,deathrun 2x Admin
>Steam Profile<

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #488867

Lol
He's been staff of the week alot of times for a reason
He's friendly
Active
Non Abusive
Gags and mutes micpsammers/chat spammers whenever needed lol (I know that of experience)
He definetly deserves this position!
:support:
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2022

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #488871

Toto_02 wrote:

Says the one that is not active at all in DR and salty about it? Pitt has been doing good stuff for the server...waiting for your participation in the server which i see is still (none).
  • hamad711
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ex. Deathrun SuperAdmin
  • Thanks received: 335

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #488885

hamad711 wrote:
Toto_02 wrote:

Says the one that is not active at all in DR and salty about it? Pitt has been doing good stuff for the server...waiting for your participation in the server which i see is still (none).

I did good things for the server aswell but i have a break from it thats why i am not active anymore and it is my opinion
  • Lotto_Totto
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

>Steam Profile<

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #488915

why not
  • RhysA
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • chad
  • Thanks received: 565

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #489084

Once i read the first sentence i said to my self "WOW" Its a awesome app
you deserve to be promoted as a admin
You are a very good mod
Of course my verdict is:

GOOD LUCK
  • Evan123
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 153

-TTT Ex-Admin-
-Deathrun Ex-Head Admin-
-Ex-TeamSpeak Staff-
-Surf Ex-Mod-

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #489091

Does his job well as an admin, always friendly and nice to play around with
Definetly deserves this position! :plussp:
  • Perry het vogelbekdier
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
  • Thanks received: 108
Click for my profile!
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Perry het vogelbekdier.

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #489257

if you're "taking a break from it" then you shouldn't be staff ngl
  • Hey its Alex
  • Legendary Member
  • Ex- Deathrun HA, Ex-TTT Admin x2, Ex-Surf Mod
  • Thanks received: 460

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #489285

|Z|SUP3RMAN wrote:
Once i read the first sentence i said to my self "WOW" Its a awesome app
you deserve to be promoted as a admin
You are a very good mod
Of course my verdict is:

GOOD LUCK

He is already admin and go for SA so uhh
  • Lotto_Totto
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

>Steam Profile<

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #489443

Thank you for the support so far guys :)
  • Pitt
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 270

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #489517

Pitt is an excellent candidate for the position. Every time I hop onto the deathrun server I always see Pitt helping people in every possible way. He is always friendly towards people, has good activity, always seems to get Staff of the week every deathrun meeting outcome and has good knowledge of the rules.

+Support

Good luck Pitt!
  • Jetzzy
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 890

Human is the name for a beast that can't rejoice their life without sacrifices.

Former Deathrun Administrator
Former SSRP Administrator
Former Teamspeak Staff

Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Jetzzy.

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #489522

FOR FUCK SAKE, JUST GIVE PITT HIS SA ALREADY!
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2022

[Deathrun Super Admin Application] Pitt 7 years 2 months ago #490402

Toto_02 wrote:

About this well i change my reply!!

:plussp: coz he knows rules got a discussion but is funny trusted staff for people and for me aswell so I hope you get it man ! :D

Sryy was salty that becoz some1
  • Lotto_Totto
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

>Steam Profile<

• Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza