Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Administrator] Joshua's Application

[SSRP Administrator] Joshua's Application 7 years 2 months ago #485526

RP Name: Joshua #System4SA
Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198094686016
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:67210144
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/Joshua%20%7C%...arpgaming.com:27015/
Server 2 Don’t really go on server 2/3 (( only for printing ) - If needed i hop between servers if needed
www.gametracker.com/player/Joshua%20%7C%...arpgaming.com:27025/

Estimated Server Time: 1453 hours
Languages I speak: FULLY English

Promotion Related

Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin.
Where do I start? the main reason why I wanted to even become a staff was to help people. It’s just my instinct and one of my traits. Over my time as moderator I have realized that even though having mod powers to help players is great, I constantly find myself in situations where having the commands of an admin would help me and the server so much more. For example, if someone is mass rule breaking and I kick them and then they come back, I need to continuously warn them until they reach the ban threshold, where if I was an admin, I could deal with it easy. I think myself somewhat respected but not as respected throughout the community, lots of people join zarp everyday and because I'm usually on every day I get around 45 F1's a day (not all at once) and I can't deal with them as much as as they deserve (Only with serious rulebreakers like Ddos threats) anyhow I just thought I would add that in. In your average F1 I constantly get users who don't care or listen, and I feel I could do my job so much better if I were an admin. Now I don't just want to be admin for the commands like I just stated it’s the amount of Joy that people give me. I feel like i am also very mature and don’t lose my c0ol easily in f1's. It’s for these reasons why I think I should be promoted.

Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (EG: defiant user).

There was a player constantly breaking rules ( MASS RACISM ) and no admins were on so I had to keep warning him, because off the warning system he was banned for 1 hour as he had received 4 warnings, then he came back after his ban and he continued to break rule 1.1 and due to no admins online at the time. He was banned again and i have not seen him on the server since his 1 hour ban.

If you had to write a facebook post to train a moderator in between 200-300 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?:

Hello my name is Joshua and i'm here to guide you how to be a moderator on the zarp community,
Okay so, first of all i would like to say congratulations on being accepted to become moderator when you press F1, you will see that it is different from when you were requesting a admin you will see 4 menus. Admin Requests, Warnings, Loggings and Active NLR. You use the Admin requests to see the F1's that need to be handled, You use the Admin requests to see the F1's that need to be handled. If there is f1’s that are undone or need completing they will show up at the bottom right off your screen, to take the f1’s as your request you must press f1 and be on the admin requests section of your new f1 screen and right click on the request and press handle this.. But you do get the trolls who will try and take up staff time and silly reasons to call a admin.. That is why we have a report as spam or abuse under handle this request. Which is shown here

To fully take the f1 you need to right click on the F1 then press Handle this
Which is shown here

After you have Finished the F1 request you will simply right click on the f1 you are doing And press Mark as Finished

TELEPORT

Teleport or TP is a command which teleports you or a player to wherever your cursor is aiming at. (You can bind a key such as ‘T’ to quickly do /tp but don’t abuse the power.) This command is normally used by staff to handle f1 requests and go on the roof.

BRING
/bring is a command which is used to bring the person to you and it also brings dead popple to you ( respawn them and brings to you )

BACK
This is a Command which is used for teleporting back to where you were before you did a admin request or for teleporting players back to where there were before you tped them for a admin request. There is also /backspawn which takes them back to spawn
for example,
/back STEAMID. Or /backspawn STEAMID
Or you can do it, through the tab menu

FREEZE
This is a Command which you will use a lot during admin situations.
That's the best command that you have to know.
So, You type /freeze (STEAMID) or you can do it to the person through the tab menu.
If somebody is running away from situations or is mass rule breaking and he doesn't stop you can freeze him. (make sure to use steam ID incase you freeze the wrong player)

KICK

The command that allows you to kick a player. This command is an example: A player is mass rdming and mass rule breaking and you already warn him once, you just take his steam id and type: /kick STEAMxxxxx [reason].
But when a player is mass rule breaking you call a higher rank to ban him.

SLAY
This is a command which allows you to kill a player. For example if a citizen got a big gun and he's rdming everyone, you freeze him and teleport him to a roof, you talk to him about it why he did it and if necessary warn him, then if he doesn’t want to drop the gun or holster it you can do /slay but because we have good coders on zarp we have 4 options to slay a player to do this you would do /say (STEAMID) rocket or /slay (STEAMID) silent or /slay (STEAMID) or /slay (STEAMID) explode.
This is not necessary but it might teach them not to break rules.

F6 Menu

There is an F6 menu, this will show players punishments if you select their name, you can also search by using their steamID.

Moderator on duty

As a Moderator you have access to the "Admin tool" this tool allows you to check whether a fading door is connected to a keypad and if it’s open the timer is at least 4 seconds, you also become unarrestable and also has access to the weapon checker

MUTE
This is a command which is used to mute somebody who is mic spamming or chat spamming, or if they are disrespecting.
It’s easy you just have to do /chatmute ( STEAM ID ) or /voicemute ( STEAM ID )

VOICE MUTE

b]CHAT MUTE[/b]

ADMIN TOOL
Now, i know what you thinking why do i have a ADMIN TOOL when i only just got mod, well it’s called a admin tool because that's what it was called when it was made, but anyhow basically what this tool does it allows you to see if a fading door is a real working fading door or is it a fake or even the timing is not set on the keypad properly this tool will let you find out in the matter of a click

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask in-game with @ or ///, you can also ask on Steam or Teamspeak.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for propspam, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?
Hello Player x after reading through your unban appeal and checking through your recent punishments and finding this to be your first time being banned for prop spam, I have come to the conclusion that you are genuinely sorry for prop spamming and I have decided to reduce your ban to 2 days. Be sure to read the Rules before you rejoin and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me or any other members of the staff team.

Lock

Some off the Console Commands which other admins talk to me about

Rp_cancelvote
If i saw that someone getting demoted for a non-valid rp reasons i would go into my console and type rp_cancelvote and it would go into the console and stop the demote request in the gamemode.. And the person would not get demoted.

rp_arrest/unarrest
Rp_arrest/unarrest

This command will be dependant on what command you type for example if you type rp_arrest (STEAM ID) this person will be placed into the jail and if you need to unarrest someone you would type rp_unarrest (STEAM ID)

zarp_forceown / zarp_forceunown
Player x = owens the door
Player y = wants to owen the door

Owns or un owns the door which you are looking at when you enter the command in your console. This command can be used for staff situations for example someone owns a door and he is afk and there is player y who wants to own that specific house but there who owns it.. ( player x )Has been afk for a long set amount of time you can just type this command in console and it will unown the door.

Zarp_freeze
Yes we all know how zarp servers will start to lag once in a while. This is where the command zarp_freeze can be very useful so lets say if someone was orbing a base for etc. and he had lots of props. The admin can run this command. And it will freeze the props from failing to the ground which causes more lag.

Zarp_forcelock/forceunlock
This command basically is self explanatory. As Well as zarp_forceowen/forces unown, this command will basically lock or unlock the door you are looking at when you run the command in your console.

Why I should be promoted (we recommend around 150 words).

I am a mature, responsible, calm & friendly player and member of staff and i think i should be promoted due to the fact that i work extremely hard nonstop( i have been doing F1’s as much as i can since i got mod), i try to make :zarp: servers as fun as i can and running efficiently as possible. I work great as a team and always give respect to other players and staff. I know the rules even better than before now, so that the small minority that like to bend or warp the rules to their benefits can be dealt with in a quickly and efficient manner. Due to the fact that also many admins/mods have been resigning lately i think we need stronger more dedicated staff members and i believe i can be the start of that few to help maintain the server.

Thank you for taking your time to read my application, I hope to receive your approval and support, Thank you.
- Joshua
  • Joshua
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 546
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Joshua.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Administrator] Joshua's Application 7 years 2 months ago #485527

LMAO AS SOON AS I SAID YEAAAAAH BOI

:plussp:
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1995

[SSRP Administrator] Joshua's Application 7 years 2 months ago #485571

Good luck on getting Admin matey.
  • Ashy
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • knowledge above all nonsense
  • Thanks received: 275
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Ashy.

[SSRP Administrator] Joshua's Application 7 years 2 months ago #485707

Positives
Brilliant guy
Does everything spot on !
Brilliant app
Good activity
Negatives
None that i have heard of / seen
Sorry im going to have to go with a
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • Crucial_Husky
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • SSRP Admin
  • Thanks received: 20

[SSRP Administrator] Joshua's Application 7 years 2 months ago #485751

Immature af,
  • dott
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 288

[SSRP Administrator] Joshua's Application 7 years 2 months ago #488956

Hello, I see that you made an application to apply for staff on SSRP Zarp for Moderator/Admin. We look at things such as: Recent warnings, Game time, Activity and much more. I will give my opinion on what i think about you!

Positives:
* Activity
* Great application

Negatives:
* None i can see at the moment

My decision:

Good luck!

:zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp:
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661

[SSRP Administrator] Joshua's Application 7 years 2 months ago #488981

You seem like you're ready for the position!
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237

[SSRP Administrator] Joshua's Application 7 years 2 months ago #489133

AceInsidious wrote:
Hello, I see that you made an application to apply for staff on SSRP Zarp for Moderator/Admin. We look at things such as: Recent warnings, Game time, Activity and much more. I will give my opinion on what i think about you!

Positives:
* Activity
* Great application

Negatives:
* None i can see at the moment

My decision:

Good luck!

:zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp:

thanks man
Jordz wrote:
You seem like you're ready for the position!

Thanks bro :!
  • Joshua
  • Thanks received: 546

[SSRP Administrator] Joshua's Application 7 years 2 months ago #489271

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP DarkRp! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

This time, the staff team have decided that you still need to work on your application and then apply again next week. To try and help you they have summarised some positives & negatives discussed during the meeting:
Needs to improve activity and help the staff out more.

You can apply again at any time, and thanks for supporting ZARP!
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

139 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun