RP Name: Microsoft Access
Time Zone: Greenwich Mean Time Zone
Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/MicrosoftWord123/
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:49816657
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/hyplex.co%20M...arpgaming.com:27015/
Server 2 - www.gametracker.com/player/%5BNWA%5D%20M...arpgaming.com:27025/
Server 3 - www.gametracker.com/player/hyplex.co%20M...arpgaming.com:27015/

Estimated Server Time: 200 Hours+ (i'd also like to add that I used to play on this server back around 2012 with another account, I am currently in contact with steam support who are trying to get it back)

Languages I speak: English

DarkRP Related
Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario: Random Death Match is probably one of the few rules you will always find on an RP server, without it, your server would just crumble. The concept of it is killing a character in a server without a valid reason. An example of this would be if EXHIBIT A pulled out a shotgun and killed EXHIBIT B for "not singing a song" this is an odd example but I have actually seen it happen quite a few times

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario: New life rule is another rule that you must incorporate in your server, or as I said before, your server is going to crumble. The concept behind it is you may not go to that area you died at for a specific amount of time, however in Zarp, it's tweaked a bit. You may not go to the district you died at for 3 minutes. AN example of this would be if EXHIBIT A was killed in the Fountain district by EXHIBIT B, who was mugging him. EXHIBIT A then went back to the district he died at and attempted to kill EXHIBIT B, this would also be classed as an attempted revenge RDM, but you get the idea.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario: Metagaming is a rule that not too many people know about, however it is also a vital rule in RP, some servers choose not to have it, which leads to a hole in the RP. The concept behind Metagaming is that you cannot say RP related stuff in OOC chat. An example of this would be if EXHIBIT A saw a base with printers inside of it, EXHIBIT A then opens up OOC chat and says to the whole server "check out this base at whatever district next to the blue building, it has so many printers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" then 5 gangsters turn up and destroy the base. This is just one way of breaking the rule, but it is the one I see the most.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.

I would take player x to a roof and ask him who RDMed him and I will check the logs to see who killed him. I would see if the player is still on the server and if they are I will bring them and ask them if they RDMed player x. I will hear their story and if it doesn't add up to what player x told me, I will ask player x for proof of this. If he shows me valid proof (a recording of the RDM happening) I will check player y's warn history, if he hasn't got any recent warnings, I will then give him a verbal and ask him to read the rules to assure this wont happen again. However if he has got a recent warning or warnings, I will warn him for RDM because he knew what he was doing. However is player x fails to show me proof, I will have to let both of them off because logs aren't counted as valid proof, I will then return both of them, while saying something like "have a nice day" to show the friendliness of the staff team. I will end the F1 after that.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.

I will bring player x to a roof and ask him what happened, I will then check the logs to see who broke NLR. I see player x killing somebody in logs then only a few lines later, player y killing player x. I will then bring player y to the sit and ask him for his side of the story, if it doesn't add up to player x's story, I will then ask player x for proof and if he shows me valid proof (a recording of player y breaking nlr) I will then check player y's recent warnings, if he doesn't have any then I will tell him not to do it again and briefly explain what NLR is and also what Revenge RDM is and give him a verbal warning. However if he does appear to have a recent warning or warnings. I will warn him and tell him not to do it again, I won't explain to him what NLR and Revenge RDM is, because he knew what he did wrong, however I would advise him strongly to read the rules. However if player x doesn't show me valid proof, I will have to let them both off and end the sit because logs aren't valid proof. I will return them both, while saying something like "have a nice day" to show the friendliness of the staff team. I will then mark the F1 as finished and return to my duties.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided

I will first check if he is defending the bank or if he is already dead, this is because if he's defending the bank, I don't want to interfere with his RP. One he dies or the raid is over etc. I will teleport him to a roof and then explain to him what he did wrong. I will give him a mini lecture on what Metagaming is and why he shouldn't break the rule, also explaining if he wants to call for help, he should do /advert and call for a police emergency or just hope someone counters it, I will also tell him to only do this if he is still alive so that he isn't breaking NLR as well. I will check his recent warnings, and if I see that he has been warned for metagaming, I will have to warn him because he knew better. However if he wasn't warned for metagaming and had no recent warnings, I would just tell him not to do it again and teleport him back to where he was while saying something like "have a nice day" to show the friendliness of the staff team.

Why I should be chosen (we recommend around 150 words): I think that I should be chosen because I feel like I am qualified for the position, I am very well known on the servers and have been a part of the community for a long time. I am active on the server quite a lot however Wednesdays and Thursdays i'm not usually on because I have college then. I also have lots of staff experience on a handful of other servers. One or 2 of them were just servers my friends owned however a few of them were big servers. I was once staff on a Mexican border RP server, that might not sound like much but it was a 60pop server with a big lack of staff, so I was constantly under pressure and I got through it while keeping my cool and never made a mistake. Another reason, and my last is that I am friendly to other players.

I'd also like to add that I hope you take my application into consideration in the next meeting and also give this application a critical review.
  • the illest satan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Figures and numbers, all in my account.
  • Thanks received: 632
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Moderator] Microsoft Access's Application 7 years 2 months ago #485446

could you move this to the right section? thanks
  • the illest satan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Moderator] Microsoft Access's Application 7 years 2 months ago #485458

Moved the the correct section , good luck!
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 5653

[SSRP Moderator] Microsoft Access's Application 7 years 2 months ago #485460

:support: Kind and Friendly guy, good candidate for mod! Good luck!
  • xiBerreta
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Resigned SSRP Admin
  • Thanks received: 24

[SSRP Moderator] Microsoft Access's Application 7 years 2 months ago #486686

this guy well he is a real charmer to the community very helpful to people and has allot of hours too so i think this guy deserves it good luck man!
  • Snowwhite
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 22

[SSRP Moderator] Microsoft Access's Application 7 years 2 months ago #486687

:plussp:
Good guy... He deserves this Position...
  • xInsaneSamurai
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • dddddd
  • Thanks received: 623
18-7-17

[SSRP Moderator] Microsoft Access's Application 7 years 2 months ago #486819

• Joshua
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 546

[SSRP Moderator] Microsoft Access's Application 7 years 2 months ago #486857

7/24 shopping, i don't know you will be good but your app is detailed and great. So ;

:neutralsp:
  • Wonky
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • unbothered
  • Thanks received: 574

[SSRP Moderator] Microsoft Access's Application 7 years 2 months ago #486953

likes metal
:plussp:
  • freebandz
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 75

[SSRP Moderator] Microsoft Access's Application 7 years 2 months ago #487273

Bump
  • the illest satan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Moderator] Microsoft Access's Application 7 years 2 months ago #487351

:support:
good guy
  • gromit
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 10

[SSRP Moderator] Microsoft Access's Application 7 years 2 months ago #487358

Wonky wrote:
7/24 shopping, i don't know you will be good but your app is detailed and great. So ;

Placing down a shop and selling items is part of role play, which is fine to do.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9544

[SSRP Moderator] Microsoft Access's Application 7 years 2 months ago #487855

bump
  • the illest satan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Moderator] Microsoft Access's Application 7 years 2 months ago #487860

I gotta say, Access shows great temperance and relaxed poise. He may be a shop owner for a lot of the time, but that's simply the way he roleplays - which is pretty damn well.
Great person all around, and I think he's more than ready for staff.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a

[SSRP Moderator] Microsoft Access's Application 7 years 2 months ago #488969

Hello, I see that you made an application to apply for staff on SSRP Zarp for Moderator/Admin. We look at things such as: Recent warnings, Game time, Activity and much more. I will give my opinion on what i think about you!

Positives:
* Application
* Friendly
* No recent warnings

Negatives:
* Activity

My decision:

Good luck!

:zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp:
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661

[SSRP Moderator] Microsoft Access's Application 7 years 2 months ago #488975

You are really friendly in game, Just get your activity up.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237

[SSRP Moderator] Microsoft Access's Application 7 years 2 months ago #489010

Thank you to all the support you have given me

I know my activity hasn't been the greatest lately, i've been helping a good friend because he's currently in a bad situation and have been playing at some gigs as well, I will try and improve my activity.
  • the illest satan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Moderator] Microsoft Access's Application 7 years 2 months ago #489145

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP DarkRP! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

This time, the staff team have decided that you still need to work on your application and then apply again next week. To try and help you they have summarized some positives & negatives discussed during the meeting:
Low activity, play a lot more throughout the weeks and apply again.

You can apply again at any time, and thanks for supporting ZARP!
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9544
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

251 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun