[SSRP Moderator] Caliber's Application 7 years 3 months ago #468903

RP Name: [PVT] Caliber Menace

Time Zone:GMT

Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198343096821

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:191415546

Current Gametracker Profiles:

Server 3 - www.gametracker.com/player/TheCodcaliber...arpgaming.com:27015/
Server [TTT] - www.gametracker.com/player/TheCodcaliber...arpgaming.com:27017/
Estimated Server Time: 2 weeks but I have the feel of it.

Languages I speak: English and Spanish

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.

This is usually called "RDM" by the server players. It is an RP rule that disallows the players on the server to kill other for random reasons.

Example: You are a Radio Manager and you are walking around doing your job playing music, but someone doesn't like it that you are doing it so, they take it into there own hands... INSTEAD of getting a mod or admin and kill the Radio manager.

On the other hand if you are seen with a weapon out making a fuss or robbing people on the street they may be allowed to kill you.(Still better to ignore it than to RDM someone.)

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.

As the player call it "NLR", it is when a player is raided or killed when they get the NLR rule at the top of their screen this means they are going back to the area they were killed in too fast NLR usually lasts about 3:00 minutes.

Example: There is a police officer and a casual player in the server, the officer raids the player's base for illegals (with a warrant of course) the player kills the officer once the officer gets into the base. So the officer decides to run back to the base, finds the player that killed him, kill him back and takes his gear, and destroys his equipment.

However, if you are a police officer NLR does not apply to an active raid or raiding a base containing a nuclear launch.

Futhermore, if you return to a district within 3 minutes and you can't see your NLR timer, you will still be punished as that is counted as Loop-holing.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.

Metagaming, or "Meta", is when a player mentions RP based acts, such as location in game or telling people that they're being raided.
Example: Police Officers are raiding a drug dealer after a positive scan. Police Officer-A asks his fellow police officers in OOC (Out of Context) to assist him in the raid. This is Metagaming.

However, Police Officer-B uses Group chat (Accessed by pressing "U" by default) to ask the same thing. This is not against the rules as this message is only recieved by people with the police job.

Also, Police Officer C uses Advert Chat to ask his fellow Police officers to assist him. This is not against the rules as advert is similar to OOC chat but you are allowed to talk about RP based things (within reason)

Finally, the Drug Dealer could use /pm [Username] or [steamid] to message his friend. This is within the rules as it is only seen between the 2 players and not to everyone on the server.

Explain how you would handle the following situations;

Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.

I will take player x to a hidden/discreet area such as a roof, alley, or empty area to ask him for his side of the story, if he has any screenshots, or proof and let him go do what he was doing.

I would also listen to Player y's side of the story. I would mention the logs and ask if there is an RP involved reason such as a mugging involved.

Once I have factored in all aspects of the incident, including the logs I would warn Player Y as the logs show that they killed player X. I would then tell Player Y to "Read the rules by typing !motd"

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.

I would verbally warn Player Y as there is no concrete evidence that they broke NLR due to the server being in peak time. If Player Y was a new player, I would tell them to "Read the rules by typing !motd." However, if they breaks NLR again I would warn him.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided.

I will verbally warn player x for MetaGaming, say what MetaGaming is, and ask him to not do it again or else he will be warned.

Why I should be chosen (we recommend around 150 words):
I would like to become moderator as I believe that I have grown alongside ZARP. When I started playing ZARP I used to rulebreak, prop push and just generally be obnoxious. But now I have learned how it feels to have to control people like that its annoying, rude, and just stupid to do to someone. I know my way around coding and computerizing.

Furthermore, I feel even though ZARP has a big staff team there are still a lot of F1s to be done, not too many active mods/admins and issues to be solved. I've always liked helping people; being generous and kind to players. I want to help to make ZARP a better place for new players and stop rulebreaks, so that players can have an enhanced experience without rulebreakers.

Thank you for reading I hope you liked it, and I hope that I can join ZARP to help stop rulebreakers :zarp: :cheer:
  • Aussie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Aussie.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Moderator] Caliber's Application 7 years 3 months ago #468904

I have fixed up your application, you should improve on your activity.
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3528

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge

[SSRP Moderator] Caliber's Application 7 years 3 months ago #468906

I've known this guy for a while, and I can safely say that I think Zarp will definitely benefit from him being a mod. He plays on server 3 with fairly well activity, and really knows the rules.

:support:
  • xInsaneSamurai
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • dddddd
  • Thanks received: 623
18-7-17

[SSRP Moderator] Caliber's Application 7 years 3 months ago #468908

Sally wrote:
I have fixed up your application, you should improve on your activity.

what sally said you should try playing more and see if you can play on other servers other than 3
  • Red_
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Shoreline Mafia
  • Thanks received: 676

[SSRP Moderator] Caliber's Application 7 years 3 months ago #468948

Exactly what Sally said, u need more activity man play everyday throughout 2 weeks and u should be ready to go.

Neutral

SSRP Moderator

[SSRP Moderator] Caliber's Application 7 years 2 months ago #471991

Hello, I see that you made an application to apply for staff on SSRP Zarp for Moderator/Admin. We look at things such as: Recent warnings, Game time, Activity and much more. I will give my opinion on what i think about you!

Positives:
* Good application

Negatives:
* 1 Recent warning
* Activity

My decision:
:neutralsp:

As other people have said in this thread you need to be more active on the server to make your chance of becoming a moderator even greater and the best thing is to have no recent warnings as well.

Good luck!

:zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp:
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by AceInsidious.

[SSRP Moderator] Caliber's Application 7 years 2 months ago #471994

ur activity is bad c;
  • troublemakerrrrrr
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lenny’s
  • Thanks received: 130

[SSRP Moderator] Caliber's Application 7 years 2 months ago #472723

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP SSRP! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

This time, the staff team have decided that you still need to work on your application and then apply again next week. To try and help you they have summarized some positives & negatives discussed during the meeting:
recent warning.

You can apply again at any time, and thanks for supporting ZARP!
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds

137 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
3/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun