RP Name: NootNootEh
Time Zone: EasternTimezone
Link to Steam Profile: Profile
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:7944
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1
Server 2 -((Never played on this one)
Server 3 - (Never played on this one)

Estimated Server Time: 8+ hours, (I can be on at any time,)

Languages I speak: English/French

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario:

New Life rule is pretty self explained in the name, If you die by a user then you're basically starting a whole new life like you were a new baby born in the world with a fresh mind and no memory's of anything, you essentially need to act like you don't even know what happened in your previous life before you died previously. One of the things you do "Remember" is your death area and you can't return to it till the allocated NLR time is up and you're allowed to go back / be at the area in which your previous life was ended.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario:

Metagaming is using out of character chat in improper ways, aka talking about and or using in character chat and relaying that information out of character to gain an advantage over others. essentially people tend to mainly do it to provide themselves an unfair advantage over the game or others.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.

I would clarify to both parties that this is what the logs currently show and I would go by asking player "Y" as to why he would go by killing X and or what RP reason did he have for doing so, I would allow player "Y" to have his side then I would allow player "X" to have his side, In reality you should never 100% trust the logs to pick your verdict, people can bait people into doing things to get them into trouble by using the logging system to their advantage, hence why it's always good to get both sides without the other bumping in.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.

If player "Y" comes after player "X" in another area that isn't his NLR and kills him or arrests him because player "Y" was a hitman and had a hit on player "X", then he wouldn't be breaking the rules considering the fact that player "X" killed him in a totally different area in the map and unless he went into that area to kill player "X" then he was perfectly well warranted to kill and or arrest him (If he was doing something Illegal)

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided

Considering this is metagamiing naturally you would tell users to not use out of character chat since that isn't allowed, from what I've witnessed on the server is not much influence on telling people to not use ooc for rp situations.

Why I should be chosen (we recommend around 150 words):

Previous Experience:
Founder of a community,
Moderator/Trial Admin/PermaAdmin for 2 years+
Admin at another Dark RP Server, 3D Modeler at a Gmod Community, Co Owner of another community, (I've been staff on a lot of servers through my years of playing Gmod since 2006, I don't quite remember every single one)

General: Personally I spend a good 8-15+ hours a day playing on the server and sometimes it can even go over that if I'm in the mood or perhaps motivated to play some more. I do tend to give people more chances depending on the situations and how the other person acts, The IRL type of work that I have is for my own hosting company so I can always bend the amount of time I work at my company to benefit my staffing on the server so that in case the matter where staff aren't on I can always fill in and make sure no one is breaking the rules. I don't see many night/morning staff that is on for the whole night and morning where most people tend to come on and attempt to minge on the server and cause mayhem for other players since I think we can all agree that shit goes crazy at night and we need more night/morning staff and due to my flexiable time schedule, I can help fill in the hours that we are currently in need of a staff member. I hope to perhaps obtained a staff rank here so I can help the the server more then simply supporting it by the sidelines as I watch issues that I could help fix and or give advice to get it fix or if possible do it myself.

Exp: I've been around Gmod since 2005 so I've had my fair share of community's I've run and administrated in through the years that have lead up to the current date where I am currently residing in this community. I've had a few bump roads through the years of playing on Gmod and I've used them as examples and made them monuments in the past to remember them as something that I've gotten through and to remind myself that not everything is a smooth road, At one point you're going to hit the rocky road and the best you can do is strap in and make the best of it. I've staffed for many communities through the year s and and I can defiantly say I've learned from it and it's taught me some new methods of handling people and also helped me improve on my current methods of staffing which has helped me tremendously as a person and eh staff member.

Charisma: I personally don't know a lot of people's opinions of me honestly, I do understand sometimes people don't enjoy the fact that I love to argue and or banter with people, I can always stop of necessarily, I do understand some have complained about me being a bit loud sometimes which I am sorry for that, which is a hard issue to fix when you have an internal mic and a booming voice. I tend to be a bit or completely blunt, maybe the odd time funny at times, I can be quite blunt a lot of the times and I am very sorry for the people that I offend with my blunt opinion but I don't tend to beat around the bush with answers or with saying something unless I'm in a sit or working. but I like to think that people tend to prefer that type of answer later on but sometimes people can hate it when they just get it because it wasn't really what they were looking for but after a bit of time the more they think about it I would like to think that they noticed that that was the answer they really needed/wanted and so they're happy I gave them that straight to the point and honest opinion to them rather than not.
  • NootNootEh
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • 3D Modeler/Hosting Company CEO
  • Thanks received: 3

Hosting Company CEO
Vulnerability Researcher

Steam
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by NootNootEh.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Moderator] NootNootEh's Application 7 years 2 months ago #467878

Hello, I see that you made an application to apply for staff on SSRP Zarp for Moderator/Admin. We look at things such as: Recent warnings, Game time, Activity and much more. I will give my opinion on what i think about you!

Positives:
* Good application
* No recent warnings

Negatives:
* Bad activity

My decision:

:neutralsp:

You're activity is very low and i see that you are a new player here. I suggest you build you're activity up and apply again next week.

Good luck!

:zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp:
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661

[SSRP Moderator] NootNootEh's Application 7 years 2 months ago #467979

:support:
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2022

[SSRP Moderator] NootNootEh's Application 7 years 2 months ago #468000

I havent read everything but just so you know you cant be a staff member on another community if you want to become a moderator at Zarp Gaming.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

[SSRP Moderator] NootNootEh's Application 7 years 2 months ago #468003

AA RFLeX wrote:
I havent read everything but just so you know you cant be a staff member on another community if you want to become a moderator at Zarp Gaming.

I displayed previous experience, not current, I apologize for the misunderstanding
  • NootNootEh
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • 3D Modeler/Hosting Company CEO
  • Thanks received: 3

Hosting Company CEO
Vulnerability Researcher

Steam

[SSRP Moderator] NootNootEh's Application 7 years 2 months ago #468036

:plussp:
  • Marcooo
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 465

Made by Am1og
My other account

[SSRP Moderator] NootNootEh's Application 7 years 2 months ago #468048

I've seen more activity in a dead person.
  • TeaLeaf
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 81

[SSRP Moderator] NootNootEh's Application 7 years 2 months ago #468056

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP DarkRp! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

This time, the staff team have decided that you still need to work on your application and then apply again next week. To try and help you they have summarised some positives & negatives discussed during the meeting:
Low activity

You can apply again at any time, and thanks for supporting ZARP!
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds

141 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT