Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #459817

First of all, I know it is going to be hard for the staff team to trust me again. I did hack yesterday, and am sincerely sorry. Just keep in mind that I was not using hacks to interfere with anyone's RP, but rather just to test out what those "oh so awesome hacks" did and how hacking in general worked. It was foolish of me to do such thing, and such thing will never occur again. I am applying for moderator again, instead of applying for admin, so that you do not have to trust me with full powers (yet), but instead, only with a portion of it. I will prove myself worthy as a moderator once again and will apply for admin once I've shown to you that I can in fact be trusted. Also note that I was an admin before, and as far as I am aware, did a good job back then. (Pssst, read it carefully, I am not saying I want to join the staff team to re-earn your trust; I want to join the staff team for below-mentioned reasons. I want to become a MODERATOR to re-earn your trust, rather than an admin)

RP Name: BremFM
Time Zone: GMT +1
Link to Steam Profile: id/bremfm
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:95026280
Current Gametracker Profiles:
-Server 1
-Server 2
-Server 3

I have been around for longer, but that was on another which name I forgot. It has 150 hours playing time too though.
Estimated Server Time: 700 hours or so.
Languages I speak: English (not fluently so excuse me if there are any grammatical errors in this post), Dutch, German, French, Ancient Greek and Latin

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.
Random Death Match, or RDM for short, is when a player kills another player (or multiple players) with no valid RP reason.

For example, if you'd be walking down the street and all of a sudden a hitman shoots and kills you, he'd have RDM'd you.
If there was however a hit on your head, the hitman would simply be doing it's job by killing you and thus it wouldn't have been RDM.

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.
New Life Rule, or NLR for short, means that you must forget everything from your previous RP life upon dieing. It also means that upon dieing, you are not allowed to immediately go back to the district you died in. Instead, you have to wait 3 minutes (starting from the moment of your death) before being allowed to return.

An example of this would be a cop getting killed in a raid, and upon respawning immediately going back to the district the raid was happening in. However, if this cop was raiding a base with a nuclear launch in it, or if he was raiding the raiders of the vault (might need to read that sentence twice), he wouldn't be breaking NLR since the rule doesn't apply during nuclear raids and bank robberies.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.
The act of metagaming is when somebody gives information about it's RP life through out of character communication.

I.e. when a Godfather is being raided and calls the gangster's for help through OOC chat he would be meta'ing. If he'd however used the group chat he wouldn't.[/I]

Explain how you would handle the following situations;

Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.
I would first teleport Player X to a roof somewhere, and hear him out. I would then bring Player Y up there as well and hear his side of the story. After hearing both sides I'd ask Player X if he may have mistakenly seen it as RDM instead of a mug for example. If he however claims Player Y is lying and still believes it's RDM I would ask him if he has any proof. If he doesn't then I will tell him to try to get some evidence next time and advice him a program such as ShadowPlay for recording. If however he has proof and is right, I would warn Player Y and explain to him what he has done wrong.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
I'd teleport Player X to a rooftop, and once again hear him out. I'd then do the same but with Player Y. After that I'd let Player X reply to that, and see if Player Y admits he was wrong, after which I would explain NLR to him and warn him. If not I'd ask if either of them has proof in any form, and if not, I would tell Player X that next time he should try to run a lightweight problem for recording rule breaks. As there is no proof of him breaking NLR, I would teleport both of them back.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided.
I would PM Player X and tell him that relaying character information like that through OOC is called metagaming and is not allowed. I would not immediately warn him but instead explain to him where he can read the rules regarding metagaming instead. If, however, repeatable offense occurs I will warn the player in question.

Why I should be chosen:.
First of all, in my opinion there are not enough moderators on S3. I play there daily and see a lot of rule breaks happen without being able to do anything about it. Prop climbing, mass RDM'ing; all those things go unpunished currently.

I also use common sense. I personally find it hard to explain what I would do in the above-mentioned cases, since each case is different. If it is obvious someone is lying through his teeth (if he for example keeps telling different stories), and the other person has a solid and logical story I might warn the player without seeing concrete proof. Also if a player has just joined the server and has broken a rule on accident without harming another player, I would not immediately warn them but instead explain them what they've done wrong and leave them unwarned.

I also speak a wide variety of languages, allowing me to communicate even with people who don't speak English fluently.

Furthermore, I've been around almost since the beginning of ZARP (with breaks inbetween) and have proven my loyalty to the server in various ways. I have honestly never really played on a server other than ZARP.

I would also comfort newcomers. A server like ZARP doesn't have to be super strict; people can have fun without worrying too much about being warned for what they say. When things are about to get out of control I will ofcourse make sure that won't happen.
But generally speaking, if you try to create a good relationship between the non-staff members and the staff members, the non-staff members tend to be a lot less rude and a lot more helpful. The players just need to feel that moderators and admins aren't better than they are and that they can just have a great time with eachother.

Once again, I understand if I wouldn't be accepted. I can only imagine how big of a risk this would be for you (in your eyes); but if you are willing to take that "risk" you will not regret it, I promise.

Kind regards,
Bremfm

• BremFM
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 93
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #459819

Too soon, recently caught hacking. You should take some time to regain the trust, good luck.
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 46745
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanielEscobar, 123123123123

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #459820

:minussp:

as clarky said
  • NOPEEEEE
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 64

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #459821

All I will say is good luck.
  • Roy Harper
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • someone stole my legendary member
  • Thanks received: 1950

»Ex-DarkRP HeadAdmin«
»Ex-TeamSpeak3 Staff«
»Ex-Appeals Section Mod«
»Ex-Jailbreak Moderator«
»Ex-Bhop Moderator«

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #459828

rulebreaker
  • Muhammed Ali
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 780

certified

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #459834

You just got banned and unbanned yesterday for hacking no thanks!

• OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 11215
The following user(s) said Thank You: 123123123

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #459839

What everyone else has said
  • Red_
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Shoreline Mafia
  • Thanks received: 676

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #459848

Sorry but i don't think we will want a rule breaker or(Recent hacker) on our staff steam.
ALL i have to say is good luck
  • Raifster123
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 612
Ex - SSRP Super Admin
Ex - SURF Super Admin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff
Ex - SSRP Section Moderator
Ex - Server Applications Section Moderator
Ex - Prophunt Administrator

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #459852

The fact that you are trying to apply for mod the day after you got banned for hacking and subsequently rulebreaking is a no go dude. Its gonna take more than a couple hours for the staff team and everyone outside the staff team to regain your trust.

It's a big ol' :minussp: from me
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-
  • Thanks received: 905

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #459890

Bazaraxe wrote:
The fact that you are trying to apply for mod the day after you got banned for hacking and subsequently rulebreaking is a no go dude. Its gonna take more than a couple hours for the staff team and everyone outside the staff team to regain your trust.

No rulebreaks. I haven't had a single warning the past 3 weeks except for the warning I got yesterday, which was for hacking. I have owned up to my actions in front of the entire lead team. I hadn't ruined anyone's RP anyways, I just tested them out.
  • BremFM
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #459895

Needs to regain trust
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2022

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #459924

BremFM wrote:
Bazaraxe wrote:

No rulebreaks. I haven't had a single warning the past 3 weeks except for the warning I got yesterday, which was for hacking. I have owned up to my actions in front of the entire lead team. I hadn't ruined anyone's RP anyways, I just tested them out.

That's completely besides the point dude. I really don't care if you were "testing" your hacks you still did a shitty thing.
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-
  • Thanks received: 905

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #459931

-support try to regain trust bud :)
  • GamerHero
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ExStaff #Resigned
  • Thanks received: 40

Click my Signature below to add me on steam!

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #459932

If it was me buddy, I'd wait a while and try to work on my trust with the community.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #459961

you just got caught for hacking...
  • Hamzah
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ayy
  • Thanks received: 390

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #460114

I deem my chances low but its worth giving a try. If i dont succeed I will try again later, untill eventually I'll be accepted :)
  • BremFM
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #460139

You recently got caught hacking, and by "recently" I mean one or two days ago. I am sorry but it has to be a :minussp:
  • Klam
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 247

[SSRP Moderator] BremFM's application 7 years 2 months ago #462515

Bump.
  • BremFM
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP