RP Name: Freebandz

Time Zone: Central Standard

Link to Steam Profile: www.steamcommunity.com/id/AlisonGold

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:68865176

Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/%7CZ%7C%20Fre...arpgaming.com:27015/
Server 2 - www.gametracker.com/player/%7CZ%7C%20Fre...arpgaming.com:27025/
Server 3 - www.gametracker.com/player/%7CZ%7C%20Fre...arpgaming.com:27015/

Estimated Server Time: Around 850 hours, if you add up every single one of my GT names.

Languages I speak: English, but I also understand some basic French and Spanish if needed in a sit.

SSRP Related:

Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin.

I've learnt a lot in the past duration as a moderator. I've learnt to not make a verdict too soon; when I first began moderating I nearly automatically assumed that the player making the F1 was on the right side. Of course this is not always the case. Furthermore have I really sped up dealing with my F1's; when I first started, it took me quite some time to; goto a player; hear him out; die a few times trying to get up a roof; bring the other person up; punish accordingly. I am now able to get up a roof in one try! Yay! No but jokes aside, I really have enjoyed moderating and I feel like I can be more efficient were I to be promoted to Admin. When I got accepted as a mod my idea was to apply for Admin in the same week. However, when writing my admin application, I felt and knew I simply wasn't ready yet. I believe I am now.

Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (EG: defiant user).

So basically, I was the only staff member on server 3. There was no one on teamspeak either to help me out. A lot of rule breaking were happening at the same time; a guy was mass RDMing at spawn, another one was cussing like there was no tomorrow, and someone else was prop climbing. It was chaos. So I decided to handle those things in order; from most urgent to least urgent. I teleported the mass RDMer up a roof and asked him why he was doing that. He told me, in French, that he didn't speak English. As soon as I began speaking back to him in English he got pissed at me because his excuse didn't work so he started shooting me to. Again, no admins online, I was pretty stressed because someone else was still prop minging and this other guy was prop spamming. So I did what I deemed as the only possible solution at the moment; I warned this mass RDMer 4 times to get him banned. After he got banned I teleported the prop climber to stop doing that and warned him for it. He stopped doing it. Then I verbally warned the one that was cussing and yelling at random people to stop, which he didn't. I muted him for 5 minutes and then he just left. The mass RDMer got back on and had started to mass RDM again so I froze him for 5 minutes. After that an admin was finally available and able to ban him.

If you had to write a facebook post to train a moderator in between 200-300 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?

Hello <name>,

Congratulations on being accepted as moderator, but before you start warning rulebreakers, I need to explain to you how to be a moderator. There are some main things which you need to consider when being staff and handling F1s; how can I make these users' RP experiences better, how can I handle this sit correctly to come up with a fair verdict, and how can I show everyone that I am a good member of staff - and I'm going to explain how to deal with these.

First we'll begin with the commands :

/tp
Used to teleport to your crosshair, you can teleport other players by typing a players name or Steam ID after the command. This is also accessible in the tab menu.

/back
Used to return yourself or a targetted player to the last location they were at before being teleported. If used and the player has not been teleported during their session, they will be glitched out of the map so be careful!

/bring [name/steamid]
Used to bring players to you, although you can not use the /back command, you can revive players from the dead if needed in a certain situation. Accessible in TAB.

/warn [name/steamid] [reason]
Used to warn a player for rulebreaking. Be fair with warnings, and remember to type a reason!

/unwarn [name/steamid]
Used to unwarn a player, do not unwarn players than another member of staff has warned unless they give you permission.

/freeze [name/steamid]
To freeze a player and stop all of their movement, can be used in many situations but only if necessary.

/unfreeze [name/steamid]
Unfreezes the player and grants them their movement.

Unban from job.
Personally, I do not know the command but I use TAB for it. Select a player and press Unban from job, then choose a job to unban them from.

/kick [name/steamid] [reason]
Also accessible from TAB, it kicks the selected player from the server. They are not banned, therefore they can join back.

/slay [name/steamid] [normal/silent/explode/rocket]
Used to kill/slay a selected player, "normal" just kills the player, "silent" kills the player but makes no noise, "explode" blows up the player and "rocket" launches them up to in the air then explodes them, like a firework.

Now for some of your 'tools', if you'd like to call them that.

Admin Keypad Checker
This tool is very handy and is obtained by being a "Mod on Duty" which you can find at the bottom of the f4 job screen.
The Admin Keypad Checker, is used by clicking on a keypad to check the delay of fading doors. Just click on the keypad with this tool (It looks like a Half Life 2 pistol) and it will come up with "This keypad is connected to 0-[Any number] fading doors" This will tell you if it is linked and functional, or a troll keypad. If it is connected it will come up with a green beam leading up to the fading door, which will then have a "delay time". Remember that fading doors have to be on 4 seconds or more.

The Logs
Press f1, as if you would be playing as a user to make an f1, but without the f1 system screen, it will pop up with a new screen, called the ZARP Administrative System. There will be 3 tabs.
• Admin Requests
• Warnings
• Logging
• Active NLR

Admin requests show current f1s.

Warnings, show up with warnings gave to players by other fellow staff members. Make sure to do plenty of f1s as Super Admins and above can now see how many f1s you are doing.

And logging, is used to look at the logs. Such as : [09:07:36]Keith Cozart killed Morgan using a m9k_svu in Rich District.

To accept an f1. Press on your f1 button, and it will come up with f1s instead of the usual "Report tab". Click on the f1 you would like to handle, and click on "Handle this f1!" After that click on the f1 your handling again, and click on "goto" this will take you to the player who made the f1 so you can handle it. To show that you have finished the f1, go into the f1 menu, and click on the f1 again, and click "Mark as finished". And that's how to deal with requests. You can also click "Mark as Spam" if a player is trolling the system, you may also warn this player for false reports.

You now know the basics of being staff, remember to do everything fairly, and enforce the rules. Stick by the staff ethos, and make everyone's life and RP experience easier and better!

Explain how you would handle the following situation:

Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for prop spam, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?

Hello [name],

I have banned you for propspam, as you were spamming bath tubs in the bank vault. Due to this, the server was lagging and was about to collapse, and you were fully aware of what you were doing. I have spoken with another member of staff and we have come to the conclusion of lowering your ban to 2 weeks, due to this being your first time, and you may be new to the server/game and it's rules. Please read the rules by typing !motd in game or checking the Semi-Serious RP section of the Forums.

Thank you for taking the time to make this appeal, have a nice day.

Accepted

Why I should be promoted (we recommend around 150 words).

I feel like I will be able to help a lot better when I get the perks of an admin. When I play there are usually no other staff members online. I get asked a lot to check if a base is legal (either their own or someone else's). This is quote hard for me to check without be able to no collide. Also I think it can help a great deal when I have to act quickly; if I see someone attempting to mass RDM I'd be able to just pick him up and bring him to a roof. At the moment I gotta search for his name in the tab menu first, then freeze him, then find a roof and then teleport him there, not even being able to ban him if he continues to RDM afterwards. Usually by the time I have frozen them, they've already done the damage.

Thanks for reading my application!
  • freebandz
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 75
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Sally. Reason: Fixed Steam Link
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 3 months ago #453923

Steam Link now links to your Steam profile, good luck!
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3528

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge
The following user(s) said Thank You: freebandz

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 3 months ago #453929

:plussp:

Great Guy
  • Ascenda
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Potato
  • Thanks received: 192

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 3 months ago #454794

• _SadMan_
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 83

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 3 months ago #454826

:support:

;3
  • Vid
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The Legendary "Ruski" Kid
  • Thanks received: 269

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 3 months ago #454848

abusive, #free4admin
  • Aria
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • kris and ali are studs
  • Thanks received: 411

ApeX. Pennybomber, Muhammed Ali, Kodi, Roy Harper, Helari, Kris Dude, BiWx, Micky, Strafing, Grumpy, Gamesys, Klaprefot, B4nQk0k, Seraphian, AceInsidious, VeGoVeVo

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 3 months ago #455287

Bump
  • freebandz
  • Senior Boarder

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 3 months ago #455288

big ass pleb
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1995
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by 0yc37xrk6m.

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 3 months ago #455291

Niko wrote:
omg dont get me started this is the shitties moderator youll find on the servers
so useless
has bad memes
garbage staffing

:minussp:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
What you on about m8 my memes are fresh and saucy
  • freebandz
  • Senior Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 3 months ago #457588

Bump
  • freebandz
  • Senior Boarder

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 3 months ago #457666

Give it to him he is a very nice and friendly moderator and am glad to see him apply hopefully soon I will see him not but only a mod but as a administrator on :zarp:
  • Was not a fart
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 63

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 3 months ago #458384

Bump
  • freebandz
  • Senior Boarder

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 3 months ago #458608

Bump
  • freebandz
  • Senior Boarder

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 2 months ago #459807

Bump
  • freebandz
  • Senior Boarder

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 2 months ago #459865

Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bumping Machine
  • SwiiFTz
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 955
Ex Minecraft Server Owner
Ex TTT Super Administrator
Ex SSRP Administrator x2
Ex Deathrun Moderator
Ex Murder Moderator

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 2 months ago #459950

God Please No!

You seem like a nice guy but you dont take your job seriously,
Granted you are really active on server 3 unlike other admins and mods, but you just ignore large situations in the server, to a point where players are telling you to do your job

I understand staff have the right to RP and play the server

But freebandz is :

50% Playing
47% Ignoring What needs to be done
3% Doing his job

This isnt a hate post, but just basing my opinion on what i have seen
  • Sada.
  • Mythical Boarder
  • Confused and disgusted by the ban
  • Thanks received: 3851

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 2 months ago #459957

Sada wrote:
God Please No!

You seem like a nice guy but you dont take your job seriously,
Granted you are really active on server 3 unlike other admins and mods, but you just ignore large situations in the server, to a point where players are telling you to do your job

I understand staff have the right to RP and play the server

But freebandz is :

50% Playing
47% Ignoring What needs to be done
3% Doing his job

This isnt a hate post, but just basing my opinion on what i have seen
I honestly couldn't have worded this better. Idc about you warning me I care about you becoming admin and still not doing your f1s.
  • Randayyy
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 10
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sada.

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 2 months ago #459962

• Hamzah
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ayy
  • Thanks received: 390

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 2 months ago #459964

I honestly can't recall ever seeing him do a sit unless it involves him and even that is rare because he's afk all day. How can one become an admin when one doesn't do their job. I'm literally on everyday so if anyone knows how much he does it's me.
  • BakedPotato1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6

[SSRP Admin] Freebandz Application 7 years 2 months ago #459980

The only reason there is alot of +support on here is because everyone posting here is his friend except me and sada lol
  • Randayyy
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 10
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

255 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
16/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT