Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Mod] NoStoppingMe's Application

[SSRP Mod] NoStoppingMe's Application 8 years 5 months ago #222248

Before I start I want to say I'm sorry I have been inactive the past two weeks I have been grounded for a couple days and I have had a lot of homework.

RP Name: NoStoppingMe
Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198095793581/
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:67763926
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/.LIL%20ZZZ/pl...arpgaming.com:27015/

Estimated Server Time: 106 hours

Languages I speak: Only English

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario. Random Death Match (RDM) is when someone gets killed by someone for no reason at all.
RDM Example: Player X has just joined the server and is at spawn. Player Y walks into spawn and pulls out a weapon and kills Player X. This is RDM because Player Y killed Player X for no reason at all.

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario. New Life Rule (NLR) is that if you die, you may not return to the area you were killed at until the 3 minute NLR clock is gone from the top of your screen. Also you must roleplay that you do not remember anything from your past life.
NLR Example: Player Y has built a good base and has taken his building sign down. Player X see's that there is no sign and raids Player Y and killing him in the process. Player Y respawns and immediately goes back to his base where he died to try to kill Player X again. This is breaking NLR because Player X returned immediately without waiting the 3 minutes.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario. Metagaming is when someone uses OOC and says something like "Help me my base is being raided, 10k to anyone who kills the raiders!" or anything else in character and that is wrong because OOC is meant for out of character chat like for asking questions or just talking with the other players.
Metagaming Example: Player Y types in OOC "Help me Player X is raiding me, someone kill him!" This is Metagaming because Player Y used OOC for something that his character would say.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that Player Y killed Player X. I would handle this situation by asking both Players there side of the story. Then I would ask Player X if he had any proof. If not then I would tell them it said in the logs that Player Y killed him. Then I would warn Player Y based on which story I believe.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time. I would handle this situation by asking both Players their side of the story and if they had any proof. Then I would tell Player Y that it said in the logs he NLRed. I would then warn Player Y and I would return them both to their last position.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided. First I would say in OOC that what Player X did was not allowed so anyone who saw it wouldn't think it was allowed. Then I would teleport to Player X and tell him that he metagamed by typing that in OOC and then I would verbally warn him.

Why I should be chosen (we recommend around 150 words): I should be chosen to be moderator on this server because I am very active. It is the only thing I play on when I'm on Garry's mod. I am very friendly and so are most of the fellow players on Zarp. I know a good portion of the admins/mods and they are all really nice and very helpful. I realized that there are usually around 80 people on the server and with all of those people there are a lot of F1s. I would like to help out the staff so they don't get too overwhelmed with complaints and accusations and the players by fixing whatever problem they have to the best of my ability. I have had by far the most fun on this server then any other server or game mode in garrysmod.
  • NoStoppingMe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Im salty
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Studio Banter. Reason: Fixed Title.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Mod] NoStoppingMe's Application 8 years 5 months ago #222291

Michael Smith’s Application Review

Thank you for your interest in becoming a Moderator for SSRP. As you may know, being a Moderator holds a great responsibility. I will be reviewing your application and providing positives and negatives which I find. At the end of this review, I will be providing you with my final verdict.

Positives:

1. Your application looks nice and you have used the editor / bb codes well.

2. Your explanations are very good

3. Your application is a good length

Negatives:

1. Your activity for the past two weeks is low, my suggestion would be to try and play everyday for at least an hour.

2. I have not seen you in game before

Verdict:

:neutralsp:

Please be aware that content in this review may change before the meeting. Wish you the best of luck with your application and of course, thank you for applying!
  • Michael Smith
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 125
___
Michael Smith
Ex SSRP Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: NoStoppingMe

[SSRP Mod] NoStoppingMe's Application 8 years 5 months ago #222584

Michael Smith wrote:

Michael Smith’s Application Review

Thank you for your interest in becoming a Moderator for SSRP. As you may know, being a Moderator holds a great responsibility. I will be reviewing your application and providing positives and negatives which I find. At the end of this review, I will be providing you with my final verdict.

Positives:

1. Your application looks nice and you have used the editor / bb codes well.

2. Your explanations are very good

3. Your application is a good length

Negatives:

1. Your activity for the past two weeks is low, my suggestion would be to try and play everyday for at least an hour.

2. I have not seen you in game before

Verdict:

:neutralsp:

Please be aware that content in this review may change before the meeting. Wish you the best of luck with your application and of course, thank you for applying!
I am usually on for about an hour a day or more and usually like 5 hours on Saturday and Sunday but due to being grounded and having a lot of homework I couldn't play that much the past two weeks.
  • NoStoppingMe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Im salty

[SSRP Mod] NoStoppingMe's Application 8 years 5 months ago #222585

Good luck!
:plussp:
  • SwiiFTz
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 955
Ex Minecraft Server Owner
Ex TTT Super Administrator
Ex SSRP Administrator x2
Ex Deathrun Moderator
Ex Murder Moderator
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by SwiiFTz.

[SSRP Mod] NoStoppingMe's Application 8 years 5 months ago #222917

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP DarkRp! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

This time, the staff team have decided that you still need to work on your application and then apply again next week. To try and help you they have summarised some positives & negatives discussed during the meeting:
Needs to improve activity on the server.

You can apply again at any time, and thanks for supporting ZARP!
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

173 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127