Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Chinese Eliminator's Admin Application

[SSRP] Chinese Eliminator's Admin Application 8 years 7 months ago #187573

RP Name Chinese Eliminator
Link to Steam Profile www.steamcommunity.com/id/Pups888
SteamID STEAM_0:1:66825908
Current Gametracker Profiles
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/Chinese%20Eli...arpgaming.com:27015/ (I'm not sure what's wrong at the moment, but I've been playing on most days of the week and has only updated 2 of the days)
Server 2 - N/A

Age 15

Estimated Server Time Roughly 1.1k hours

Languages I speak Mainly English, Some French/German/Cantonese

Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin.
N/A

Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (EG: defiant user).
N/A

If you had to write a facebook post to train a moderator in between 200-300 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?

Hello my good friend! My name is Chinese Eliminator! I've been given the opportunity to talk to you about what might you receive when you enter the world of ZARP! I've been selected to give you a guideline of what there is to know about being a moderator on SSRP. Let's begin shall we? :D

First of all, in my opinion, try to stick to what you said in your moderator application to help yourself in the situations you have suggested to put action towards, and whenever you feel comfortable, you are free to change/improve on your decisions later on in the mod experience.

Let's begin with a few simple commands.
Commands you will use often

/tp - A teleport command. It allows you to teleport to where you are facing. For your mod training, you will be asked to bind it to a key of your choice. In the console, the command would be 'bind [key] "say /tp'".

/freeze - A command which freezes the target selected. This prevents the person you are attempting to talk to to stay still and allow you to catch up with what you need to say. Just be careful though, you must look at the targets (will be shown once trained) and to see if you are not freezing anyone else. This command can also be used to stop rule breakers/keep people in place/etc.

/backspawn - This command allows you to teleport yourself or the targetted member back to spawn, being easier than just TPing them to a nearby place. To be honest, I only use this for NLR reports. Such as I TP them to spawn if I feel they must be or they have died recently, or if I have taken the person from spawn, and the F1 is over, I send both users back to spawn.

This command applies to the same logic as the TP command, but, it's /bring or /goto. Same as it says. /bring allows you to bring the player requested using his name and /goto allows yourself to be teleported towards the selected user.

/warn is a command which will must be used properly. It's a command which allows yourself to give people warnings, as you have may already known. /unwarn is used to remove any warnings that you think isn't deserved or just a mistake.

Now let's move onto some commands, that would be used, but not very common as what has just been listed.

/kick is simple. Pretty straight forward, just kicking the person you want, just make sure it's a kick that is well deserved, not fully unjustified.

/mute is a command which as it says, mutes the person's microphone. Unfortunately, it doesn't mute the players chat. So just be wary of that.

/slay is a command which slays the selected unit, forcing the NLR upon the target and sends them to spawn. Thus removing anything extra they have on them.

Now lets move away from the commands, and enjoy the beautiful F1 system! The F1 system is a GUI which interacts with the F1s that have been created by other users. There will be a list of F1s made, and each one will represent when it's made, who made it, and the reason.
The logs are required for most of the F1s created, as it shows most of the things happening. For example, deaths, arrests, etc.
These two features will be the most used system as your time in moderating the server, as it requires you to help the server's attitude, thus allowing you to see what had happened.

On behalf of the ZARP Community and myself, Congratulations.
Chinese Eliminator

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for propspam, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?

Hello there, as I have seen, you have created an appeal towards your ban and inserted a large amount of detail and effort. As I have been very sincere with your ban, I have reduced your ban length to 2 days. Reasons for this:

1. I have deep regrets as I have looked up your history and found that this is your first ban.

2. Propspam is not something taken so lightly, but you have shown high respect for this community and shown that you've proven to be unworthy of the ban, and also showing that you don't know the rules very well.

3. I am hoping that you will have learnt your lesson by then and be expected to not do it again.

This punishment will replaced onto you if you have broken the same rule again, expecting to be unbanned.

If for any reason your ban hasn't been shortened, talk to me: www.steamcommunity.com/id/Pups888/ or you can talk to one of the staff members and they will sort it out for you, or make a forum post about your unshortened ban.

Why I should be promoted (we recommend around 150 words).

I have many reasons of why I should be promoted, but also countering those is those of why I shouldn't. My time as moderator has been over a month, and I do have regrets of the rules I've broken, received a few reports, and being a bad role model. My time has been at a stake of being demoted (in my opinion) or keeping the line of staying mod, but I feel that becoming admin will strengthen my ability and begin to help with more success, allow myself to entertain the community with events, trivias, etc. My time as mod have been quite limited to what power I had, being so that I've been unable to keep watch on certain people, and having punishments that are deserved by some people, having I think that warns aren't enough.
I do believe that not many people have liked my actions, seeing me in a negative opinion, but I accept that, I deserve the wrong doings, I deserve those punishments, but as time goes on, as previously stated, I want to realise a dream, a dream for ZARP, I continue to do what's the best of my ability for the help of others, spending my own time to help. As I have become mod, I haven't had much time to RP, and I respect my decisions, and others. Having less RP time, still gives the same joy as before I was mod. It's the fact that I'm doing something good, rather than spending my time on my bum, eating rice with vegetables and meat, typing away on this computer, at least I'm not wasting my time, I'm expanding my help. I do have many regrets on my actions, which lead to my demotion, but after my time, I am not giving up into fulfilling my dream, no-matter what the cost is, no one will stop me into realising my ambition. Except, exams and such.
I also have been influenced by many people, including great friends of mine, who shan't be named. I was also told by Fennster to apply, and so I shall! I hope you all forgive me for what I have done in the past, and I will not do it again.
I mentioned earlier that I warned myself, for metagaming. I believe in a system of which that everyone must be treated fairly and that if you break a rule, you deserve the punishment. No matter the rank or how respected you are.

Thank you for reading, any more questions? PM me on steam! www.steamcommunity.com/id/Pups888

Proof that RedPowder gave permission for me to apply for admin:
  • The Eliminator
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Nothing is impossible.
  • Thanks received: 99
TTT Admin
Former SSRP Admin
Former Deathrun Super Admin

The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] Chinese Eliminator's Admin Application 8 years 7 months ago #187591

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
  • Morkva
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 65

[SSRP] Chinese Eliminator's Admin Application 8 years 7 months ago #187592

:plussp:
Do I need an explanation?
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

[SSRP] Chinese Eliminator's Admin Application 8 years 7 months ago #187645

Ohh Ya, I forgot to finish that convo......

• RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3318
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by RedPowder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morgan, Jalu, Jugger

[SSRP] Chinese Eliminator's Admin Application 8 years 7 months ago #187873

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP DarkRp! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

This time, the staff team have decided that you still need to work on your application and then apply again next week. To try and help you they have summarised some positives & negatives discussed during the meeting:
Only came back this week.

You can apply again at any time, and thanks for supporting ZARP!
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

138 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127