Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Bhop Admin] Brian Griffins application

[Bhop Admin] Brian Griffins application 9 years 3 months ago #95574

Name: Brian Griffin
Link to Steam Profile: derpy.me/3haiv
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:78623590
Current Gametracker Profiles
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/%7CZ%7C%20Bri.../94.23.19.200:27100/

Estimated Server Time: Including my old name I have 30.74 total playtime on the server

Languages I speak: English

Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin.
I feel that my time as a moderator has given me the experience and knowledge to progress onto the admin rank. Since being accepted almost three weeks ago I have tried to help out any new players who join or don't know how to bhop by telling them to either search up a tutorial on youtube or just explain to them how to bhop in general and give them help by telling them to change their game mode to autohop by pressing F1.

Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (EG: defiant user).
I'm going to be honest with this question I haven't really encountered a problem what I've had to overcome because every time I'm on the server everyone is fine and there is no disrespectful players. So I've been thinking for the past 20 minuets on what to put for this section and I don't know really.

If you had to write a letter to train a moderator in between 100-200 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?

Dear (Moderators name),

I'm writing this letter to help you get to grips with all the different commands on the server and give you some useful binds what you may want to make your life easier, I would like to also say congrats on getting accepted for bhop staff.

Firstly i'm going to tell you to bind the ULX menu so you don't need to type "!menu" in chat each time you want to gain access to it, to do this open up the developer console and type "bind (key of your choice) "ulx menu" pressing the chosen key will make the gui come up and you can get to the commands without typing them in chat.

The commands what a mod can use are listed below
Chat:
asay - lets you talk with all the active staff online without regular players seeing you don't need to open the gui to use this just do @ then your message.
gag - If a player is being disrespectful on the mic or spamming you can use this command to gag them until the map changes you also don't need to use the gui just do !gag in chat then the players name.
mute - just like gag it mutes the player from talking in chat just use !mute player name in chat or use the gui.
psay - send a private message to a particular player, you can either use the gui or do !p then a players name.
tsay - this command sends a message to everyone on the server in a light blue text, to also use this command do @@ in chat then your message or use the gui.

Fun:
Slay - this command kills the player and makes the respawn to use it either do !slay or use the gui.
unigniteall - this command extinguishes all players on the map if someone has used the ignite command, to do this command either use the gui or do !unigniteall

Utility
help - shows what commands do and how to use them, you can either use the gui or do ulx help in console.
kick - this command kicks the player from the server, you can also put a reason for why the player has gotten kicked like AFK or something else, to use this command do either !kick (players name) reason or use the gui.
Spectate - this command lets you spectate anyone on the server but you can just press F1 and click spectate, if you want to use this command do !spectate (players name) or use the gui.
Who - this command give you information about everyone connected to the server, to use this command use the gui or type in console ulx who.

I hope this has helped you get to grips with ULX and i'm looking forward to seeing you on the server and if you have any further questions message me or one of the other staff member and we will help you out,

Yours sincerely

-Brian.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for Cheating, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?

Well to be honest I wouldn't unban him because he or she was using a cheat program to modify the game to gain a unfair advantage over other players so he or she could complete the map quicker, but i'm going to wright two responses to someones ban appeal bellow this.

This is for if another admin has banned him
Firstly I will read his ban appeal and then if another admin has banned him but isn't available to come onto the forums I will contact them via steam and ask them about the player in particular and ask him what he's decision is to whether the ban is going to get removed or shorten and then respond to his app with this "Hello (Players name) I have looked into you ban appeal and spoken with the admin you have provided who banned you and he has decided to deny your appeal.

This if I have banned him
Hello (insert players name) thank you for taking the time to make this appeal and I have read through it but I have decided to deny this appeal because you have used a cheat to modify the game so you gain a unfair advantage over legitimate players.

Why I should be promoted (we recommend around 100 words).
I feel that I should be promoted to admin because I feel that I am ready to take on the challenge on the bhop server and with my previous experience of being a admin on the deathrun server I know mostly all the commands need and don't need further training on how to use them. Another reason why I should be promoted because my activity is good and I try to be on the server for at least an hour each day, I also try to help out as many people as I can by teaching them how to bhop and the general rules of the server. Thank you for taking the time to read this application.

-Brian
  • Charlie-
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 226

EX - TTT Admin[/center]
The topic has been locked.

[Bhop Admin] Brian Griffins application 9 years 3 months ago #95585

I have read your application checked your warnings and ill state some positives/negatives below.

+
Great application.
Good gametime.

-
No negatives.

Verdict: +support
  • Decisive
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 82
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie-

[Bhop Admin] Brian Griffins application 9 years 3 months ago #95693

<strong>First and foremost,</strong> we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Bhop server. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

As the number of 'yes' votes exceeded the number of 'no' votes you received, you have been
<strong>Accepted</strong>..

You need to attend a weekly meeting on our Teamspeak server (IP is 94.23.19.200) at 10:00 on a Sunday, it would also be appreciated if you can click the banner in my signature and add me on steam so that we can manage the meetings more easily.

Congratulations on behalf of the administrative team.
  • Mogadonskoda
  • User is blocked
  • Posh Twat
  • Thanks received: 149
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie-
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

139 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun