[SSRP] TheBrohman's Moderator Application 9 years 4 months ago #83534

RP Name
John Everdeen

Link to Steam Profile
www.steamcommunity.com/id/TheBrohman

SteamID
STEAM_0:0:60264641

Current Gametracker Profiles

Server 1: www.gametracker.com/player/%5BVGHS%5D%20.../94.23.19.200:27015/ (the one I play on now)
Time (in hours): 306

Server 2: www.gametracker.com/player/%5BVGHS%5D%20.../94.23.19.200:27025/ (the one I play on now)
Time (in hours): 80-85 hours (for some reason for me the Gamertracker doesn't show anything now when I am writing this..)

Estimated Server Time
Over 380 hours (only counted fully hours).

Languages I speak
Norwegian, English and I understand some spanish.

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.
Random Death Match, also referred to as RDM, is when a player kills another player, for no valid Roleplay reason.
EG: Player Bob is a citizen who is running around on the street, when he meets Player Susan, which is a thief. Bob pulls up a M249 and blows Susan's head off. This will result in Bob getting a warning for "RDM", and a warning for "Big gun as citizen".

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.
New Life Rule, also referred to as NLR, is when a player returns to his place of death, before 3 minutes has passed.
The player can not remember or talk about what has happened, this means he/she cannot call for police to help him out.
EG: Player Jhonny is in his base cooking drugs. Player Ron raids him and kills Jhonny. After a minute Jhonny is back, and kills Ron before he could even access his printers.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.
Metagaming is when a player talks about RP-related stuff in the OOC (out of character) chat.
EG: Player Minge is getting raided when he says "(OOC) Minge: Cops! Help I am being raided! My base is in the sewers!"

Explain how you would handle the following situations:

Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.
First I would bring player X to me. I would ask him to tell his story. After that I would tell him to be quiet whilst I bring player Y and asks him to tell his story. If player Y is denying the RDM, I would ask player X for proof. If proof is provided I would warn player Y for RDM. If not I would tell them that without proof, there is nothing I can do.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
First I would bring player X to me. I would ask him to tell his story. Then I would bring player Y to us and ask him to do the same. If their stories matches, and if it was RDM, I would warn player X for RDM. But if player X was raiding/mugging player Y, and player Y broke NLR, I would warn him for NLR.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided
I would first ask in OOC if player X knows what metagaming is. If he do, I would tell him to explain to me what it is. If he can, I would warn him for metagaming, if not, I would bring him to me and explain to him what it is, and tell him not to do it again, and give him a verbal warning.

Why I should be chosen
I think I should be chosen since I have been with Zarp for a very long time. I am a dedicated player and was a dedicated staff member, in my past time as staff member. I try to help people which need help, as far as I can do it as a player, and I also try to report all rule breakers I see. I respect all players and staff members. When I am writing this I am thinking back to my time as staff member. It made me so happy when I had helped players with their problems, and would do whatever I can to get to do this again, but for a much longer time. When I play (and even if I am not playing) I am on Teamspeak. And if I have my sound muted, I can be poked. I am also to be reached on steam. If anyone thinks I am doing something wrong, I appreciate that people tell me about it and I'll see if there is anything I can do about it.

Thanks for reading! :)
  • TheBrohman
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 38
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by TheBrohman.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] TheBrohman's Moderator Application 9 years 4 months ago #83535

TheBrohman wrote:

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
First I would bring player X to me. I would ask him to tell his story. Then I would bring player Y to us and ask him to do the same. If their stories matches, and if it was RDM, I would warn player X for RDM. But if player X was raiding/mugging player Y, and player Y broke NLR, I would warn him for NLR.

You were asked , how would you handle the situation if a player accuses another player for breaking NLR, not RDM.

At all your answers seem to be correct. I dont remember you breaking rules, I will still post a Picture with your recent warnings when I am home.

For now you get my + Support
I have no point in denying you, I will decide in the meeting when I hear other opinions.
  • Nexize
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • I call myself Nexize but you can call me tonight
  • Thanks received: 1215
────────────────────────
My Animelist!
Steam!
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Nexize.

[SSRP] TheBrohman's Moderator Application 9 years 4 months ago #83536

Nexize wrote:
TheBrohman wrote:

Player x accuses player y <strong>for breaking NLR, </strong>the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
First I would bring player X to me. I would ask him to tell his story. Then I would bring player Y to us and ask him to do the same. If their stories matches,<strong> and if it was RDM, I would warn player X for RDM. </strong>But if player X was raiding/mugging player Y, and player Y broke NLR, I would warn him for NLR.

<strong> You were asked , how would you handle the situation if a player accuses another player for breaking NLR, not RDM. </strong>

At all your answers seem to be correct. I dont remember you breaking rules, I will still post a Picture with your recent warnings when I am home.

For now you get my + Support
I have no point in deying you, I will decide in the meeting when I hear other opinions.

Yeah, and if it is RDM, the NLR doesn't count!
  • TheBrohman
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP] TheBrohman's Moderator Application 9 years 4 months ago #83537

TheBrohman wrote:

Yeah, and if it is RDM, the NLR doesn't count!

NLR always applys. depending on the story, If someone dies in a raid, respawns and get shot its something else.
But usually NLR always applys.

Edit: If he dies in a raid and gets shot at his spawn, he will most likely get killed by a different person
  • Nexize
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
────────────────────────
My Animelist!
Steam!

[SSRP] TheBrohman's Moderator Application 9 years 4 months ago #83538

A new rule change, ey? For the whole time I have been playing DarkRP, it has always been that NLR doesn't count when you get RDM'ed. I don't see why they would change that?

Also if NLR Applies at RDM, why would so many admins, not saying any names, tp back to a RDM'er that kills them, warn them, then continue to RP from there? ..
  • TheBrohman
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by TheBrohman.

[SSRP] TheBrohman's Moderator Application 9 years 4 months ago #83539

If a Staff member gets RDM'd, he should know if the person broke a rule or not.
Therefore he Tp's to him and ask him why he did that.

If the player has a valid reason we let him off and tp back.
If not we warn him and , in my case, I tp back and wait for my NLR time.

We usually dont just warn people without asking them for their reason.
  • Nexize
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
────────────────────────
My Animelist!
Steam!

[SSRP] TheBrohman's Moderator Application 9 years 4 months ago #83541

Nexize wrote:
If not we warn him and , in my case, I tp back and wait for my NLR time.

We usually dont just warn people without asking them for their reason.

Yeah maybe you tp back and wait out NLR, but not everyone does.

And aslo Admin's should know if the accused person broke a rule or not, and in this case he did (he broke RDM) and many admins/mods do in fact continue to RP, due to they getting killed for no reason.
  • TheBrohman
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP] TheBrohman's Moderator Application 9 years 4 months ago #83543

If you see a Staff member breaking rules, get proofs and report him on the forums
Please dont discuss that in your Application.

and I must edit here, If that happens to a Staff member, it often takes alot time to explain the person what he did wrong.
Often theres only a few seconds NLR left , that could be a reason why some Staff members just continue rp'ing from there.
  • Nexize
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
────────────────────────
My Animelist!
Steam!

[SSRP] TheBrohman's Moderator Application 9 years 4 months ago #83545

I am just saying that I have learned after admins/mods doing in action, and besides, I am just replying to you. :)
  • TheBrohman
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP] TheBrohman's Moderator Application 9 years 3 months ago #83876

First and foremost, we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Semi Serious DarkRP. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

As the number of 'yes' votes exceeded the number of 'no' votes you received, you have been accepted.

Towards the bottom there is a button leading you to a download of a 'welcome pack' (moreso intended for new moderators) - this will give you a brief insight into your duty and how to do it, but before we can give you your rank you will have to attend a training session. You can ask any superadmin for your training..

You need to attend a weekly meeting on our Teamspeak server (IP is 94.23.19.200), it would also be appreciated if you can click the banner in my signature and add me on steam so that we can manage the meetings more easily.

Congratulations on behalf of the administrative team.

• RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 3318
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

254 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
12/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT