Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Admin] Brother YourDayZAreUp's application

[SSRP Admin] Brother YourDayZAreUp's application 9 years 5 months ago #74708

Brother YourDayZAreUp's Application!

Please Note: I have been inactive this week as my mouse was broken. I have a new one now, so my activity will return to normal. Thank you.

Details

RP Name: Brother YourDayZAreUp
Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198030588587/
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:35161429
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/YourDayZAreUp/94.23.19.200:27015/
Server 2 - www.gametracker.com/player/YourDayZAreUp/94.23.19.200:27025/

Estimated Server Time: 117 hours on server 1, 11 on server 2 (Not a big fan of the map).

Languages I speak: Fluent English and French.

Promotion Related:

Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin:
I think that my time as a mod has really contributed towards me becoming an admin because I realised that not only is it fun to be a moderator, but it is also good for the community, in such a way that if I was to become a ZARP Adminstrator that it would make things much more fun, from having fun doing events to doing f1's. Another way that has contributed is that a a lot of the time I see mass rdm'ers and I only realise that I can only kick, warn etc, not to sound power hungry.

Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (EG: defiant user):
A time when I encountered a defiant user was when they rdm'ed me, and when I went to talk to them they tried to say that 'they didn't do it' and 'I will make a demote appeal if you warn me without proof', in saying that I told him that the only proof I need is my own witnessing, since I am the one with the power.

If you had to write an email to train a moderator in between 200-300 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?:
Congratulations on being accepted into the ZARP Staff Team, sir. Today I will be running through all the things you need to know about being a moderator.
Now I will run you through a few IMPORTANT commands:

/warn: Do this only when you have proof of a player breaking a rule, not when you feel you 'want to'. No matter how much you know about a player, and how much of a minge they are, never automatically warn them, listen to their side of the story, and if the reporter has sufficient proof; use /warn. Do use it, do /warn (Players name) (Reason). If they have a name like Brother ... , do the unique part of their name, like: /warn Yourdayz (Reason).

/kick: Do this when you feel someone is disobeying you in a mod sit, like constantly shouting over you purposely, threatening to get you demoted, shooting. To use the command do: /kick (Players name) (Reason)
Just like the warn command, pick out a unique part of their name.

/freeze: Do this when someone is running away in a mod sit, or keeps jumping up and down, running around in circles etc.
To use this command press TAB and click the players name, then click freeze. There are a few different options, like 'Indefinitely', what this means is that they cannot be unfrozen until you or another mod/admin/superadmin unfreezes them. To unfreeze someone press TAB again and click unfreeze.

/tp: Used to teleport to where you are looking. To use this command do /tp and it will tp you where you are looking. Do this when you need to get to a quiet place, where you can not be disturbed during an F1. DO NOT abuse this command by tp'ing around the map, or using it in RP situations as it may lead to a demote appeal. Another section to this command is /tp (Players Name). This is used to teleport a player where you are looking. DO NOT abuse this command by tp'ing your friends/players who don't need assistance around.

/goto: Used to go to a player who needs assistance from a mod/admin/superadmin.To use this command do /goto (Players Name). DO NOT abuse this by going to friends/players who do not need assistance.

Now I will show you how to use the F1 system.
First of all, there are 3 tabs. The first shows you any active F1 reports. This is where you see if any other staff has decided to handle an F1. To handle an F1 simply right-click on an unhandled report and click Handle This. After clicking the Handle This button, you will notice that when you right-click the report a few more options will appear. When you are handling the report, click Goto to go to the reporter. Don't bring them straight away, as they could be being raided, just click Goto and it will bring you to them. Let them explain what happened and then deal with the report accordingly

Next is the Admin Keypad Checker.
The main thing you need to know is that it tells you how long the fading doors are open for and what it does. To check this, simply take out your Admin Keypad Checker and shoot the fading door. A green outline will appear showing where and what entities it is connected to. It will also show you how long fading doors are open for, to see this look at the text at the fading door, if you see something like
2.54 seconds after entering password
then this is a violation of the server rules, deal with them accordingly and tell them to do !motd next time.

That is basically all you need for the full grasp of being a moderator. Again, congratulations.

Yours sincerely,
YourDayZAreUp.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for propspam, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?:
Good day, (PLAYERS NAME).
I have noticed that you were banned by me for propspam permanently, which I think was the right decision. But, since this is your first ban and I see that you have sincerely apologized, I will shorten the ban to 2 weeks. Please do not do it again, or it will be a definite permanent ban.

ACCEPTED.

Why I should be promoted (we recommend around 150 words):
I think I should be promoted because I think I have being doing a really good job with F1's, I have adapted to the moderator position fairly quickly and I (Not to sound power hungry) need to be able to properly ''deal'' with serious rulebreakers, for example prop spammers, and mass rdm'ers, whereas when I would be a moderator all I would be able to do is to warn, kick, etc. Again, not to sound power hungry. I have adapted to all the commands, people and things to deal with. Also, I think I think I am known within the community and I have a few friends within the ZARP Staff Team (At least I think I do), and that I always help people and give them a chance before using my powers to deal with them.

Kind regards,
YourDayZAreUp.

Additional Information: I have been mod for a month now, and I think I am ready, whoever does not feel free to express your opinion but I have been trying my hardest and got on the server as long and as much as I can, and in that time I have done countless f1's, helped new players and dedicated my time to the ZARP community.
  • YourDayzAreUp
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 8
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by YourDayzAreUp.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Admin] Brother YourDayZAreUp's application 9 years 5 months ago #74710

Very nice app, i see a lot of effort was put into it, never seen you break rules an usually helpfull....

+Supp from me :)
  • Luxor
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 49
The following user(s) said Thank You: YourDayzAreUp

[SSRP Admin] Brother YourDayZAreUp's application 9 years 5 months ago #74712

App is well done, You always help me and others when your online and I always see you doing F1s
+Support, Hopefully you get it this time.
  • ARTZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • I don't know what to put here.
  • Thanks received: 21

[SSRP Admin] Brother YourDayZAreUp's application 9 years 5 months ago #74714

Thank you Luxor and ARTZ for the feedback, I really appreciate it :D
  • YourDayzAreUp
  • Junior Boarder

[SSRP Admin] Brother YourDayZAreUp's application 9 years 5 months ago #74719

Gregory's Application Opinion

First of all I would like to thank you for putting effort to help our servers by joining Staff team. You must know that its going to be great responsibility. However lets proceed to my opinion part.

Positives:
  • Helpful person
  • Polite user

Negatives:
  • Activity could be increased

Verdict: +SUPPORT/-SUPPORT
  • GregoryTWIX
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Minges everywhere ...
  • Thanks received: 471
Register Date: 06 Sep 2013

[SSRP Admin] Brother YourDayZAreUp's application 9 years 5 months ago #74722

Thanks for your +Support/Opinion, it is appreciated.

Edit: I have been on yesterday for about 2-3hrs, isn't showing up on my gametracker though as I didn't get any kills because I was doing f1's.
  • YourDayzAreUp
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by YourDayzAreUp.

[SSRP Admin] Brother YourDayZAreUp's application 9 years 4 months ago #75631

Bump :)
  • YourDayzAreUp
  • Junior Boarder

[SSRP Admin] Brother YourDayZAreUp's application 9 years 4 months ago #75657

I've never seen you on the server nor on meetings also i don't know anything about you.
Neutral
  • Zer0nix
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Nothing good lasts forever.
  • Thanks received: 73
Add me on Steam
Ex. SSRP Admin
Ex. TTT Admin
Bhop Admin

[SSRP Admin] Brother YourDayZAreUp's application 9 years 4 months ago #75658

I've never seen you on the server nor on meetings also i don't know anything about you.
Neutral
I've been to all the meetings, apart from one when you weren't mod, and I mostly play on server 1.
  • YourDayzAreUp
  • Junior Boarder

[SSRP Admin] Brother YourDayZAreUp's application 9 years 4 months ago #75684

You are nice to players
+Support
  • Taco
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • [b]I'm Back Mudafukas :p[/b]
  • Thanks received: 24

[SSRP Admin] Brother YourDayZAreUp's application 9 years 4 months ago #76172

First and foremost, we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Semi Serious DarkRP. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

Unfortunately as more staff members voted 'no' than 'yes', the application has been denied.

The meeting host has taken some criticisms made by the admins and provided you with this feedback:
Needs to do more F1s

You are welcome to apply again at any point.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

261 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
18/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47