Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application

[SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application 9 years 7 months ago #64820

Olu's Moderator Application for [1] Zarp

Hi there my name is Olu or you can call me by my real name Tiffany. I have been on Zarp for about 2 weeks and 5 days, not that long as others but i find it a good time to get to know everyone and to know the staff. In all this time on Zarp i have had some ups and downs, some hatred, and some love. It has been a roller coaster on Zarp. Through all this time i have met some really really amazing people on zarp all the staff is great, most of the people are great on Zarp as well. Not saying i have a favortie ;) but Zan the first moderator i really got to talk to and know is awesome, he showed me the fun times on Zarp and the great great staff moderators, admins, super admins. Zan introduced me to a lot of the great staff members Hadouken, Xhantium, Evo, Glacial, and Tool, AND PATRICK STAR. Now im taking a long time on this part just so you can get to know me and my experience on Zarp, so shall we get to the parts of the questions. (Questions=purple, Answers=Green, Extra info=Blue.

RP Name
- [Toxic Pink] Olu
Steam Account- steamcommunity.com/id/OluBaby/

SteamID- STEAM_0:1:79592405
[Toxic Pink] Olu's Gametracker

Age-
I am 16 years old, my birthdate is June 21, 1998.

Server time for [1] Zarp
I have not currently played on server 2, as fun as it sounds all my friends and favorite staff is on [1] Zarp, i would like to join sometime to play and meet the people of the second server and to meet the staff as well.

Languages I speak
English is my main Language, i do not know a lot of languages i have taken 2 years in Spanish but that did'nt go very well as i cant make the accent that is really needed for the Spanish tounge. I will be taking German sometime in high school so i hope i can get threw that.

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.

Random Death Match (RDM) is the time that a player has been killed by another player with no RP reason and or no reason at all, usually done by people that want to get a laugh and want to minge on the server.

EX: Player x shoots player y and witnessed by multiple players in the area has been proven'd RDM and no RP reason.

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.
New Life Rule (NLR) when killed in a raid, mug, or at anytime you are to stay away from the district for the time of 3 minutes, if you do not know how longer you have to wait result to the NLR timer at the top of the screen, however this means you cannot kill the people there and or kill them after the death this is breaking the meaning of a new life.

EX: Player x dies from a raid by y and hes friends, player x then must wait out the 3 minutes before returning to the spot of the death.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.
Metagaming is a player that abuses or does not use /ooc and or /advert the correct way, /ooc is used for out of character this is where you talk about everything you doesn't deal with you're roleplaying character or trades. /advert is used when you want to announce you have a shop open or you want to sell some steel (EX: /advert im selling steel pm me if youre interested!) advert is not used for rdm, rda, prop kill, and or any rules on the server, advert is also not used for talking to someone about a new game you just bought. If you wanted to talk to one person try to result to /pm this is where you can talk to someone individually about something you would like, do not use advert and or ooc for this.

EX: /advert hey tommy have you heard about that new game that came out call of halo modern warefare.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.
I would consult player x about any pictures or video of the RDM by player y, if player x does not have any proof of the rdm i can not do anything much to help him, if player x shows valid proof after i have asked him, i would then confirm is this is rdm or a RP reason and if i believe it is RDM and proof validates it, i will then warn player y and send them on there way.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
I would check the logs for the kill from when y was killed by x and if y has killed x in a matter of 3 minutes or less i would warn y for breaking NLR, but if the kills are shown 3 minutes or more apart from each other i would not warn them and i would then proceed to ask the reason y killed x after the NLR timer.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided
Player x would have to use /advert to get the attention of police because of metagaming the reason for this is that banking is a RP'ing situation and being raided is apart of that RP so i would suggest x use advert next time. If he has been shot he could do /911 but i would have to still tell him about metagaming and please use /advert to advertise you're getting raided and should be helped.

Why I should be chosen.
I havent been a member of zarp as long as everyone else but i have been very loyal and rule breaking has been over for me for a very long time now, and playing on zarp has been very fun and great time playing, the people on here make it so fun and easy to RolePlay. I want to be moderator for more active staff and to clean the community of any minges that join and want to generally ruin someones RolePlay on Zarp. I feel that the community is too good to be ruined, and that if we keep it great as it is more active players will be on and playing increasing the great players and people that will help the community. Me becoming moderator would be great and fun but also a very serious job to handle, being a moderator for a server means handel'ing a ton of f1's and reports that have been issued by players. I feel that i am ready to take on this important role as being apart of staff and helping out on the server, and if you agree with me give me some +support, if you do not thats not my decision you do what you believe is right. I truly believe i could take the role as moderator so please give all the support you can!

Yours' truly Olu.
  • OluBaby
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Anime freak to the max!
  • Thanks received: 16

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by OluBaby.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application 9 years 7 months ago #64822

Very very nice girl, you're active alot on server one and stood out the harrasment you've taken; That's tough right there... Anyhow, you have very good knowledge of the rules and I haven't seen you break any... from what I can tell you're good moderator material. Good luck Olu :)

+Support

- Hado
  • Hadoukeen
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Whatever you are, be a good one
  • Thanks received: 34
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Dcxbigdaddy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OluBaby

[SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application 9 years 7 months ago #64823

Over the past 2 weeks Olu has proven she's a mature and friendly person, I've never seen her breaking any rules and she remains calm in any kind of situation. I'd say she's definitely moderator material

+Support
  • Tyrone Shmurda
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • [b]i be workin de corner[/b]
  • Thanks received: 149

[SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application 9 years 7 months ago #64824

Thanks so much illusion!
  • OluBaby
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

[SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application 9 years 7 months ago #64825

First time i met Olu she exploded my car , i still cry to this day , it has been 1-2 weeks but recently i got to meet this person,never breaks rules on purpose and whenever she has a question about the rules she will ask and will not loophole or something like that.
Always listens!

+Support

Improve your game time more during the rest of this week! (It's always a big plus)
  • Evo_Pineapple
  • Junior Boarder
  • pls no ban only luv
  • Thanks received: 37

[SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application 9 years 7 months ago #64826

Thanks evo and i still laugh to this day about the car, jk of course. And i will try as much as i can to get my game time up i have started school and during the week i have a lot of things on my hand so im not always free so i will try my best! :cheer:
  • OluBaby
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application 9 years 7 months ago #64829

You may want to change your game tracker to your actual game tracker profile:
www.gametracker.com/player/%5BToxic%20Pi.../94.23.19.200:27015/

I would check the logs for the kill from when y was killed by x and if y has killed x in a matter of 3 minutes or less i would warn y for breaking NLR, but if the kills are shown 3 minutes or more apart from each other i would not warn them and i would then proceed to ask the reason y killed x after the NLR timer.
Just because y killed x in less than 10 minutes does not necessarily mean that y broke NLR.

Apart from that, you have shown increased maturity and have been reporting rule breakers for the staff to handle which if you keep up I believe you are moderator materiel.

+Support
  • PatrickStar
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 377

[SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application 9 years 7 months ago #64830

I didn't know you were a girl :huh:, anyways so where should i start off.
Well you know when there's a rule breaker, very mature, and love your attitude.
I would like to see you as a mod.
+Support
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 96

[SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application 9 years 7 months ago #64835

I recommend getting on teamspesk. This way you can get to know the staff team. :cheer:
  • Dcxbigdaddy
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 1178
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Dcxbigdaddy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: exrobite, TeaLeaf, OluBaby

[SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application 9 years 7 months ago #64836

Alright alright DCX ill look into that :P
  • OluBaby
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application 9 years 7 months ago #64845

I haven't seen you before, but judging from your app and all the + supports, you look like a nice and professional person, but until I see for myself, I'll have to keep my verdict

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • JohnnySmith
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lower my karma if you think I'm awesome!
  • Thanks received: 236

[SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application 9 years 7 months ago #64848

To be honest I have never seen you ingame, so I can't judge you from your app only. Also, you should start spending some time on server 2 since staff are now required to manage their time between both servers.

NEUTRAL for now...
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor

[SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application 9 years 7 months ago #64870

Thanks Brother Blocked! It means a lot to me
  • OluBaby
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application 9 years 7 months ago #64907

Olu is, with a doubt, a very capable and mature young lady.

Her recent behaviour and attitude has made me be able to share anything with her.
I may not have known her for very long, but it feels like I have. The first time I seen Olu, she was not great at following rules, but the way she has changed her self around has lead me to believe that she capable of great things, and will help me, all the other staff, and the server in anyway possible.

This application is also brilliant, and is above my expectations.

She is one of the most trustworthy people that I know and she is definitely able to handle her powers wisely. If you ask me, she's perfect for the role, and one of the kindest and most generous people going, we'd be lucky to have her.

You have my +Support OluBaby.

Yours sincerely,
-Zan
  • Zan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 131

[SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application 9 years 7 months ago #65114

I never see you break one rule and i see you on the sever a lot.

+Support from me.
  • .Ryan
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 125
ex (Bhop) Admin
ex (Dark rp) Admin
ex (CSGO) Admin
ex (Minecraft) Mod
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by .Ryan.

[SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application 9 years 7 months ago #65124

I love th profile pic :P and thanks for your support
  • OluBaby
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP MODERATOR] Olu's Moderator Application 9 years 7 months ago #65472

First and foremost, we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Semi Serious DarkRP. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

As the number of 'yes' votes exceeded the number of 'no' votes you received, you have been accepted.

Towards the bottom there is a button leading you to a download of a 'welcome pack' (moreso intended for new moderators) - this will give you a brief insight into your duty and how to do it, but before we can give you your rank you will have to attend a training session. You can ask any superadmin for your training..

You need to attend a weekly meeting on our Teamspeak server (IP is 94.23.19.200), it would also be appreciated if you can click the banner in my signature and add me on steam so that we can manage the meetings more easily.

Congratulations on behalf of the administrative team.

• Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

148 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT