www.gametracker.com/server_info/94.23.19...bypleb&Search=Search

Server 2 -
www.gametracker.com/server_info/94.23.19...bypleb&Search=Search

Estimated Server Time
3-8 hours, depending on the day. Overall, approximately 300/5

Languages I speak
Englsh, French, German, Cantonese.

DarkRP Related

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.

Random Death Match, also known as RDM is a point of action which you kill the target you are aiming for/ anyone which is in sight for an invalid/no reason. (E.g. Bob is holding a gun, he goes crazy and kills anyone he sees. He also likes to target specific people but doesn't have a good reason why and just kills them.)

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.

New Life Rule, also known as NLR is a system which allows raiders to have a chance at raiding the base if the defender dies. The defender is prohibited to re-enter the district of the selected base for three minutes. Thus allowing raiders to raid, also allowing defenders to stay away. (E.g. Bob is defending his base, a raider kills him whilst trying to defend. Bob stays away and does some mining for three minutes, and quickly runs back to the base. E.g.2. Bob is defending his base, a raider kills him whilt trying to defend. ob is desparate and tries to get back to the base as quick as possible after spawning, a staff member stops him and tells him he is breaking NLR.)

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.

Metagaming is a series of actions which are caused over the OOC (Out Of Character) chat. It includes different prospects from IC (In Character) communication. (E.g. Bob asks where his friend is in OOC, and shouts out 'HELP' in the same chat because his base is being raided.)

Explain how you would handle the following situation:

Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.

In my opinion, I would check player y's background for any recent rule breakages and would instantly teleport them to a private place we could sort this out, if player y has a clean background, I would simply say a verbal warning, and say it was an accident.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.

Idealy, a normal staff member would teleport both to a private place and talk it out, deciding on whether it's a miss or warn, but for me, I would talk to player y in a safe place, asking why he broke NLR, and if he doesn't listen, or tries to get away, he will recieve more than just a warning. Thus after speaking with player y, I would tell player x it's been dealth with.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided

I would say in OOC, to stop Metagaming, and spectate the raid for any future rule breaking. If player x calls out for help after verbally warning him, I would simply warn him for metagaming and talk to him in private after the raid is over. Telling him to not do it again or it'll be a kick.

Why I should be chosen (we recommend about 150 words).

I have no desire of becoming a high rank, as I have said before, I care for others, I protect and I serve. I admit making mistakes in the past, but those mistakes made me learn, become what I've become today - and I will not give up, I will thrive and I will push myself to the very limits to achieve my dream for ZARP, I do not care what stands in my way, I will care for others, whether it's friend or foe, I want peace, not war.
I make mistakes still today at this very moment, but even though I'm young, I still learn. I believe that having so that the power to help with the rule breakings of ZARP. The staff on SSRP, there has been complaints that the members are slow, and 'shit'. (No offence). I know that they're doing their best, but having so little staff members online makes the F1 process slow, with personal experience. I want to change that. Having me on the team would help the community and I with keeping the fun in the server, thus keeping it clean.

I have taken on-board some of the comments I have been given to improve the second application. I'm not sure whether copying and pasting gives a bad impression is laziness, but any advice will help me for the future! Thanks for reading. <3
  • The Eliminator
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Nothing is impossible.
  • Thanks received: 99
TTT Admin
Former SSRP Admin
Former Deathrun Super Admin

Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by The Eliminator.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] [STRANGER] TobyPleb's Moderator Application 9 years 6 months ago #64567

I see you were denied for recent rule breaking, I will keep and eye on you and tell you my opinion later in the week.

Here are the correct game trackers for you:
Server one - www.gametracker.com/player/TobyPleb/94.23.19.200:27015/
Server two - www.gametracker.com/player/TobyPleb/94.23.19.200:27025/
  • JLByrne
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I was once a potato.
  • Thanks received: 23

Feel free to leave a thank you if I helped you!

[SSRP] [STRANGER] TobyPleb's Moderator Application 9 years 6 months ago #64670

1 advice, don't break rules when you apply for mod.

• Xhantium
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex CM

[SSRP] [STRANGER] TobyPleb's Moderator Application 9 years 6 months ago #64672

Xhantium wrote:
1 advice, don't break rules when you apply for mod.

I don't think there should be rulebreaking at all.
  • The Gamer Guy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 749

SSRP - Ex-Super Admin
Minecraft - Ex-Admin
TeamSpeak - Ex-Staff

[SSRP] [STRANGER] TobyPleb's Moderator Application 9 years 6 months ago #64716

Abused powers as Super Admin on DeathRun, I personally wouldn't trust you with 1p, so a massive, juicy, sexy, lovely, beautiful, fantastic...

-Support!
  • BANANA MAN
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm... well... still here...
  • Thanks received: 84

[SSRP] [STRANGER] TobyPleb's Moderator Application 9 years 6 months ago #64866

I do agree, but times are tough at some points in life, considering that when things get too desperate, your mind thinks 'Gotta get that, gota go there, etc.' I admit breaking rules, but having so unable to do too much, I set goals for myself to try and not break rules, spend more time on the server, and make more friends. It's hard for me, because I do get desperate alot of the time.. >.<
  • The Eliminator
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Nothing is impossible.
TTT Admin
Former SSRP Admin
Former Deathrun Super Admin

[SSRP] [STRANGER] TobyPleb's Moderator Application 9 years 6 months ago #65496

<strong>First and foremost,</strong> we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Semi Serious DarkRP. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

Unfortunately as more staff members voted 'no' than 'yes', the application has been denied.

The main reasons backing the verdict are:

<code>Rule breaking..</code>

You are welcome to apply again at any point.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

144 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47