TOPIC: [SSRP MODERATOR] JayHog1992's application

[SSRP MODERATOR] JayHog1992's application 9 years 9 months ago #51435

RP Name: JayHog1992
Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198013671075
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:26702673
Current Gametracker Profiles
Server 1 - cache.www.gametracker.com/player/JayHog1992/94.23.19.200:27015/
Server 2 - www.gametracker.com/player/JayHog1992/94.23.19.200:27025/

Estimated Server Time: 29 Hours and 16 Minutes (1756 minutes)

Languages I speak: Portuguese and English

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.

Random Death Match (RDM for short): Is when a player is killed by another player without a valid RP reason or simply out of character.

Example: A citizen walks around, heading to the paycheck lady to cash in his money when a wild shop owner kills the citizen all of a sudden. The citizen never had provoked or interacted with the shop owner nor he ever tresspassed, stole the shop owner's stuff. This is labeled as RDM because the shop owner wasn't killing the citizen on neither self defense or shop defense.

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.

New Life Rule (NLR for short) is when a player who died recently comes back to the place of death under the required time limit of waiting or when the player interacts with the killer in hopes of revenge.

Example: A hitman claimed his bounty on a miner, killing him within RP reasons. After a while, the miner comes back to where the hitman was and to where he died, takes out a gun and kills the hitman. This is considered "breaking" NLR as the miner isn't supposed to remember who killed him nor where, nor when. He's supposed to forget what happened and move on.

(Note: Under MOTD rules, any law enforcement classes (Cop, SAS, SWAT, Prison Guard) are allowed to bypass NLR when murdered in the Police Department.)

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.

Metagaming (Meta for short or Metaland for jokers) is using Out of Character conversations and using it in character, usually caused by players trying to meet up without proper use of RP channels, informing people of the location of certain players, where they reside, what are they doing and what they have planned for later.

Example: The first player will be called John, the 2nd player will be called Sam.
John: (OOC) hey! I just found a base filled with printers that we can raid! Meet me at the mansions!
Sam: (OOC) Alright! We're gonna beat the crap out of the owner!

In this case, John and Sam aren't supposed to comnunicate this way because in Real Life, they could never know where they were without use of proper RP channels (Advert (When well used), PM, Group Chat), thus causing metagaming.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.

The following would happen: Get to a safe location safe from other players and first teleport both player X and Y near my location. Then for starters proceed to interrogate player X about the events that ocurred and player Y about his motives of murder. If the motives are justified, inform player X that it was either a mistake or not a RDM moment and thus they should move on with the RP. If the motives are not justified, then I would proceed with proper advice/punishment depending on the record of rule breakings of player Y, going from just explaining rules and procedures to a warning, kick, ban.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.

Proceed to teleport both players to a safe location and interrogate player X about the events that happened and why player Y broke NLR. Not mattering if the kill was justified or not, I would proceed to instruct/punish player Y about the rule breaking (Depending on the rule breaking record that player Y got in the past, if any), going from explaining NLR rules and how to prevent it to warn/kick/ban.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided

If first time, would respond in OOC that player X shouldn't use OOC to metagame such information to the server as in real life, he wouldn't be able to tell everyone in the world what's happening. If player X insists on using OOC for such means, I would teleport him to a safe location and instruct/punish the player according to his record of past rule breaking, going for informing about DO/DON'Ts of OOC and what RP channels to use in what situations and up to warn/kick/ban.

Why I should be chosen (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words).

I had previous experience as a moderator in 2 different servers. The first one being DarkRP, the 2nd one being ClockworkRP, so I am well aware of rules and methods of serious and non serious RP servers out there. Even before I lost my privileges due to both servers shutting down due to lack of funds, I always kept myself at the best of every staff's eyes, either solving rule breaking with the little power I was permited or informing higher staff members (Admins and owner) about any rulebreaking that could not be possible to handle as a moderator. I even had to instruct and argue about other staff abuses and misconducts when they were in the wrong. Not saying that I would instantly blame other staff members for their problems, but that they should at least realize the wrongness if any on their behalf.

Another reason why I want to be moderator to RP servers is because I feel empathy with the staff in them. Trying to control the server and ending up being hated or insulted by the comnunity, even if making staff decisions fair. When I wore the staff shield (Metaphor for being mod), I learned several things, but this one thing importantly. Admins are not here to be friends, they're here to guarantee that all players have fun and follow the rules in order to be peace as well. If this comnunity gives me the chance to wear that badge again, I shall promise to wear it with pride, respect and seriousness, promising to solve all rule breaking as possible, leaving higher problems to higher rankings.

(Forgive me if I failed on anything here. I tried my best to follow the application to the letter, sometimes having a hard time figuring out answers to certain non RP questions.)
  • JayHog1992
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 20
If you guys need me, I'm either doing videos (My username is my Youtube name) or I'm teleporting bread... Most likely teleporting bread...
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by JayHog1992.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP MODERATOR] JayHog1992's application 9 years 9 months ago #51461

You have linked your Gametracker wrong, actually type in your Steam name in the search bar then click on the correct one THEN use that link. Do this to both servers.
  • Chester
  • Expert Boarder
  • Teh skies are bluee..?!
  • Thanks received: 185
I haz sweg

[SSRP MODERATOR] JayHog1992's application 9 years 9 months ago #51475

Ergh... Having a hard time figuring out the instructions. Did you mean that I would had to something like this to both servers?

cache.www.gametracker.com/player/JayHog1992/94.23.19.200:27015/

Or was it something totally different? I do want to fix the issue.
  • JayHog1992
  • Junior Boarder
If you guys need me, I'm either doing videos (My username is my Youtube name) or I'm teleporting bread... Most likely teleporting bread...

[SSRP MODERATOR] JayHog1992's application 9 years 9 months ago #51478

You should also change "(UTC+01:00)" to the time of amount you have played in total, the question are asking how long you've played on the server in a estimate and not your timezone.

Good luck with your application.
  • kerex132
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • IG: [G] Kevin
  • Thanks received: 15
Ex: SSRP Adminstrator

[SSRP MODERATOR] JayHog1992's application 9 years 9 months ago #51482

Thank you! :3
  • JayHog1992
  • Junior Boarder

[SSRP MODERATOR] JayHog1992's application 9 years 9 months ago #51486

Good application, has made constructive posts.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931

[SSRP MODERATOR] JayHog1992's application 9 years 9 months ago #51488

Just need to fix the gametracker issues, it's stumping me so far.
  • JayHog1992
  • Junior Boarder

[SSRP MODERATOR] JayHog1992's application 9 years 9 months ago #51491

Hey, I think that your application is good, and despite your play time show a good knowlage of the rules.

With the game tracker you have to:
- Follow the link on the application template
- Type in your name in the search bar above the table and press enter
- Find your name in on the table, click and copy that link

Thanks and good luck ^^
  • Tool_is
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • [b]I really like Judge Dredd.[/b]
  • Thanks received: 9

[SSRP MODERATOR] JayHog1992's application 9 years 9 months ago #51493

AH! Now I understand what's wrong. I only played the first server, never played the 2nd one. Gonna ask you guys to give me time to explore the 2nd server so I can later add it to the application.

Edit: Just updated the game tracker thing. Says I haven't played enough in the 2nd server, but I think it's the website processing my little first server join or something.

Let me know if anything else needs fixing.
  • JayHog1992
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by JayHog1992.

[SSRP MODERATOR] JayHog1992's application 9 years 9 months ago #51505

Great rules knowlegde as you are showing it in OOC chat and in F1 situations. Well done application.

Ideal candidate for Staff Member.

+ SUPPORT!
  • GregoryTWIX
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Minges everywhere ...
  • Thanks received: 471
Register Date: 06 Sep 2013

[SSRP MODERATOR] JayHog1992's application 9 years 9 months ago #51512

Good things
- Nice application
- Exactly explain why you should be choosen
- Server time is OK

Bad things
- Never saw you on ZARP
- Never on ZARP DarkRP 2

What you must/can change
- You must be more active on ZARP 2

Result
Also I give you a +Support
But play more and have more fun on ZARP DarkRP 2!
  • WaLK3r
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Nils
  • Thanks received: 166

Former SSRP - Head Adminstrator - 13.2.2016
Forum Appeal Section Moderator - 07.02.2016

[SSRP MODERATOR] JayHog1992's application 9 years 9 months ago #51582

<strong>First and foremost,</strong> we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Semi Serious DarkRP. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

As the number of 'yes' votes exceeded the number of 'no' votes you received, you have been <strong>accepted</strong>./.

Towards the bottom there is a button leading you to a download of a 'welcome pack' (moreso intended for new moderators) - this will give you a brief insight into your duty and how to do it, but before we can give you your rank you will have to attend a training session. You can ask any superadmin for your training..

You need to attend a weekly meeting on our Teamspeak server (IP is 94.23.19.200), it would also be appreciated if you can click the banner in my signature and add me on steam so that we can manage the meetings more easily.

Congratulations on behalf of the administrative team.

• Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

137 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47