Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Moderator] Johnny's Application

[SSRP Moderator] Johnny's Application 9 years 9 months ago #51289

Details

RP Name: Brother Johnny ( used to be Brother John and John Smith)
Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/LuckySquirrel/
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:53414357
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1: Zarp 1 ( Edit: Sorry the time is bugged I'm pretty sure I played about 53 hours on this server.)
Server 2: Zarp 2 ( also bugged played like 23 on this one and to prove it I even made enough money to join the brother hood gang which cost like 1 mill and I have about 1 million in the bank)
Estimated Server Time: Edit: Around 75 hours ( I know this because when I got on zarp I had about 975 hours on Garry's Mod and now I have about 1050 hours)
Languages I speak: Fluent English and average French.

DarkRP Related

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario: R.D.M. which stands for Random Dead Match is when a player shoots and kills another player for no reason sometimes intending to cause chaos in the server.
R.D.M example: Jim is walking down the street minding his own business, when suddenly Carl pulls his weapon out and kills Jim without saying anything and runs away.

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario: N.L.R. which stands for New Life Rule is when a player forgets all about his other life due to getting killed, your character can not go to the are where he died until the time on the top of the screen ends.
N.L.R. example: Ted is defending his home from 2 raiders when he gets killed, he then starts a new life forgetting about getting killed and his home, he then returns back to his house after the time on the screen is over to start a new life.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario: Metagaming is when you use OOC (which stand for Out-Of-Character) chat to talk about role playing stuff or to give about info.
Metagaming example: Garry needs a guard so:
(OOC)Garry: " I need a guard to meet me at spawn?"
(OOC)Guard: "Alright, I'm coming wait at spawn."

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario:

-Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x:
I would first take both x and y to a calm place where I would first talk to player x to hear his story then I hear player y's story. After that, I would ask why did player y kill player x and if I find the reason valid I would apologize to y for wasting his time and return him back to his earlier position and I would ask player x to be more careful next time before calling a staff and return him to his earlier position.
If I found out that the reason is invalid, I would warn player y depending on how bad the reason was and his attitude and explain to player y what he had done wrong and politely ask him not to repeat it again, then I would apologize to player x and return both of them to their earlier positions.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time: I would first bring player x and ask him what happened then i would bring both of them and ask for both sides of the story, I will then explain to y that it's obvious that he broke nlr and punish him depending if he lied or told the truth. If he had told the truth it would be a verbal warning and if he lied I would warn him using the /warn command.

-Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided:
I would first ask player x not to repeat it while explaining it was metagaming and then ask him to please read the rules. If he repeats it I would warn him by using the warn command, then mute him for 20 seconds.

Why I should be chosen (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words):
Well, I'm a very kind, friendly and understanding person. I never let my anger take control over me and I would always be willing to help people even if I was RPing by doing as much F1s as I can and by stopping rule breakers that I see and that aren't reported. I've never been punished nor verbally warned by a staff member for anything and have read the rules 2 times before playing and read it once before applying and will read it again if I get denied or accepted. I also recently heard that the server is looking for staff on my timezone and since I finished school I can be on most of the time. I'm really active and since i joined the server I've been sleeping for 5 hours eating for 1 and playing on zarp with he rest ( not counting the time I went to the movies and the breaks I take every 4-5 hours :P). Moreover, I'm experienced at being a staff considering that I have co-owned a server, was a super admin on 2 other servers, was an admin on 4 and was a mod on 3 and all of them are Darkrp. I also know how to use Fadmin and all the commands I also have played over 1000 hours on just dark rp. I also have played Zarp back when Zart and Agent and I was very devastated when it got shut down due to DDOS. Last but certainly not least, I like to help the SSRP Zarp servers as much as I can so it can remain a peaceful environment where all players can be equal and enjoy RPing on these wonderful servers. ( Total words = 277 not including this)

Thank You For Reading My App! I hope you make the right choice while voting!
  • JohnnySmith
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lower my karma if you think I'm awesome!
  • Thanks received: 236
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by JohnnySmith.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Moderator] Johnny's Application 9 years 9 months ago #51290

Really nice guy!

He has been active since he arrived and we need staff on at his time zone and you report rule breakers to me and other staff and are calm in any situation.

You have a +SUPPORT from me.

Good Luck For Tomorrow!
  • TiGzTeR
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Portuguese and Proud!
  • Thanks received: 850

I hope I helped and you can help me by thanking this post.

[SSRP Moderator] Johnny's Application 9 years 9 months ago #51293

Great to see people applying from different timezones. You have perfect knowledge of the rules from your application and you can become active in the future.

+Support
  • Chester
  • Expert Boarder
  • Teh skies are bluee..?!
  • Thanks received: 185
I haz sweg

[SSRP Moderator] Johnny's Application 9 years 9 months ago #51311

Good things
-explain exactly why you should be choosen
-explain RDM , NLR and Metagaming very good
-good handling with people
-follow rules exactly
Bad things
-i hadn't found anything what is bad...

What you must/can change
-play more and have more fun than yet on ZARP , your server time is pretty good but when you get mod you must be active!

Result
You are a very nice player , you agraid to become a warn (good thing) i hope you will get mod :)
Also you get from me a big +Support
  • WaLK3r
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Nils
  • Thanks received: 166

Former SSRP - Head Adminstrator - 13.2.2016
Forum Appeal Section Moderator - 07.02.2016

Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by WaLK3r.

[SSRP Moderator] Johnny's Application 9 years 9 months ago #51450

Huge +Support
  • Tool_is
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • [b]I really like Judge Dredd.[/b]
  • Thanks received: 9

[SSRP Moderator] Johnny's Application 9 years 9 months ago #51457

Tool_is wrote:
Huge <strong>+Support</strong>

You must give a reason to give a +Support, Neutral or -Support. Without any reason your support is invalid.
  • Chester
  • Expert Boarder
  • Teh skies are bluee..?!
  • Thanks received: 185
I haz sweg

[SSRP Moderator] Johnny's Application 9 years 9 months ago #51545

from what hes told everyone he sounds over dedicated +1support
  • 0ctocat
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Flavour Text
  • Thanks received: 96

[SSRP Moderator] Johnny's Application 9 years 9 months ago #51579

First and foremost, we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Semi Serious DarkRP. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

As the number of 'yes' votes exceeded the number of 'no' votes you received, you have been accepted.

Towards the bottom there is a button leading you to a download of a 'welcome pack' (moreso intended for new moderators) - this will give you a brief insight into your duty and how to do it, but before we can give you your rank you will have to attend a training session. You can ask any superadmin for your training..

You need to attend a weekly meeting on our Teamspeak server (IP is 94.23.19.200), it would also be appreciated if you can click the banner in my signature and add me on steam so that we can manage the meetings more easily.

Congratulations on behalf of the administrative team.

• Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

295 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
19/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47