[SSRP ADMIN] Hawky Jason 9 years 10 months ago #51080

RP Name: Hawky Jason
STEAM_0:1:30915026
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198022095781
www.gametracker.com/player/Hawky/94.23.19.200:27025/
www.gametracker.com/player/Hawky/94.23.19.200:27015/

Estimated Server Time: Average 200+ Hours

Languages I speak: English

Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin:
My time as a moderator was... Strange. Very different to the previous ZARP which I was Moderator on. I found things more Mature and staff treated each other as friends, rather than people you should be scared of if you do something wrong. I’ve done things wrong, like a silly bind mistake which, instead of hit, actually warned someone. (Oops. Don’t worry, binds have now gone) overall, I’ve learned a lot. The Previous “Super Minge” test results actually came through that I had a temper when people waste my time. Fair enough, everyone has a Weak spot, which at the time. That was mine. But I feel as if I’ve fixed that issue and overall, I’ve learned that help from other staff is always there if I have a question or assistance in an issue. I’ve gained greater understanding of being in a staff role and I have all of you to thank for that. Especially Dcxbigdaddy and Angelus.

Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (EG: defiant user).
A situation occurred between 6 people. It was a dispute about, Prop Block. RDM and Fail RP. All 6 People which I needed to micromanage, I brought them to a place out of the way and I let them explain their parts of the story. At this time, they were insulting each other. F this, F you that. Etc. Which of course, I warned these people for Disrespect. I told them to be quiet, let 1 person talk their side of the story.
Luckily, only 2 people got warned as I’ve verbally warned the rest. I’ve learned to have more patience in these situations, and not to go totally mental. Which I have done in previous situations.

Warning Friends is a Factor too. But if they break a rule, I have to warn them. I have to explain to them that I won't let them get away with it.

If you had to write an email to train a moderator in between 200-300 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?
Welcome to ZARP Staff Family. You’re here to turn ZARP into a better, Minge Free Environment. First of all, Congratulations! But don’t let this go to your head. You’ve been accepted due to your understanding of the rules, so don’t be setting a bad standard. Use your powers responsibly. Use F1 to access the Staff Assistance Panel. Here you’ll see F1 Reports which players will submit if they have an Issue with either, General Questions, or to report a rule breaker. When dealing with a situation, make sure you listen to what they have to say. Then do the appropriate actions to in turn solve his issue. If you’re uncertain of what to do, ask an admin to help or guide you through a situation. Other staff members are here to help you. Players are not to be trusted, make sure you treat these players with upmost respect at all times. After all, you’re a staff member. You’re Representing ZARP, and a bad first impression will leave a sour taste in player’s mouths. Other than that, have fun and always ALWAYS ask an admin if you need help.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for propspam, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?

My response, depending on the offense would be professional and straight to the point. I would highlight the reason why. If this person has taken the time to file a unban request then they must like the server. Considering it’s their first ban, I would verbally tell them why the problem they did was wrong and tell them to never do it again. I would then promptly to unban them, but remind the other staff members to keep an eye on this player.

Why I should be promoted (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words).
I think I should be promoted because I have learned a great majority as my time as Moderator. It may have not been that long, but I have adjusted the environment which is different to the previous ZARP I was on.
I’ve understood all the changes to the rules, and I enforce them correctly with the proper warns and making the person understand why I have warned them. Of course, I’ve done mistakes which I have explained at the start of this app. I’ve learned from these mistakes but, mistakes happen. You learn from them.
When I’m not on duty, I still am but passively. I don’t make presence known but when I see a person break a rule, I bring them to a safe location, explain to them what they are doing is against the rules, apply the correct warn and then place them back down to the spot where they were previously to continue their RP (If any), as a Staff Situation is OOC.

Throughout my time as Moderator, I’ve made some good friends through this community and I feel as if I can trust these people. I always work hard, even though sometimes I’m off duty. Overall, I just want to thank the staff, and helpful community members for my greater understanding of this new community.
  • Hawky
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • PC Master Race
  • Thanks received: 29
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Hawky.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP ADMIN] Hawky Jason 9 years 10 months ago #51083

To quick to lose temper, needs to work on it.

-Support
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Morgan. Reason: Cant spell

[SSRP ADMIN] Hawky Jason 9 years 10 months ago #51119

Sorry for reacting in anger about you calling me behind my back. The irony hurts too much.
  • Hawky
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • PC Master Race

[SSRP ADMIN] Hawky Jason 9 years 10 months ago #51120

I don't see how Hawky gets angry, I think he'd make a great admin! Very active, thoughtful, calm and fair.

HUGE +SUPPORT
  • CubeyJoe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 10

[SSRP ADMIN] Hawky Jason 9 years 10 months ago #51122

+Support

Good and friendly player, knows the rules very well! Admin Material too.
  • Christopher S
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Anyone?"
  • Thanks received: 211

[SSRP ADMIN] Hawky Jason 9 years 10 months ago #51126

Good ol' Hawky!
Great application. I think you'll be a great Administrator!

+ Support

Regards,
Zippy
  • Jackelele
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm a green ting.
  • Thanks received: 174

[SSRP ADMIN] Hawky Jason 9 years 10 months ago #51151

rite m8 the thing is here u r 2 pro to be admin, u just cant be accepted as ur 2 good 4 gmod. you shud be vac banned for being so good at upholding the rules m8.

(+Support)
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

[SSRP ADMIN] Hawky Jason 9 years 10 months ago #51518

thanks for your +Supports. Looking forward to having the Authority figure again within the server.
  • Hawky
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • PC Master Race

[SSRP ADMIN] Hawky Jason 9 years 10 months ago #51589

<strong>First and foremost,</strong> we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Semi Serious DarkRP. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

As the number of 'yes' votes exceeded the number of 'no' votes you received, you have been <strong>accepted</strong>..

Towards the bottom there is a button leading you to a download of a 'welcome pack' (moreso intended for new moderators) - this will give you a brief insight into your duty and how to do it, but before we can give you your rank you will have to attend a training session. You can ask any superadmin for your training..

You need to attend a weekly meeting on our Teamspeak server (IP is 94.23.19.200), it would also be appreciated if you can click the banner in my signature and add me on steam so that we can manage the meetings more easily.

Congratulations on behalf of the administrative team.

• Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

242 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
13/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT