Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/abominableone/

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:66570248

Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/Abominable/94.23.19.200:27015/
Server 2 - NA

Estimated Server Time: 1.5 hours

Languages I speak: English, UK

DarkRP Related...

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.
RDM is where you kill someone without a valid RP reason.

Example 1: You are part of the law enforcement and you see someone walking down the street you see a dead body that they are walking away from and you pull out a gun and kill then, this would be RDM a s the person apposed no threat to you and you never saw him kill the player.

Example 2: You are a gangster and you walk up to a citizen and you just pull out a gun and kill the citizen. This would also be RDM as you had no reason at all to kill the citizen.

Example 3: Yo are a gangster and you walk up to a citizen and tell them to drop 2,000 or die they refuse to do it so you kill them. This would not be RDM as you had warned them.

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.
NLR means that you are notallowed to return back to your point of death for 3 minutes, if you do it will count as breaking NLR.

Example 1: You are a gangster and you get raided and killed, you spawn back in and go ack to where you died within 3 minutes. This would be NLR because you have returned to your point of death within 3 minutes.

Example 2: You are a gangster and you get raided, you spawn back in and you wait 3 minutes to return to your base. This would not be NLR as you have wait your NLR out.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.
Metagaming means transferring in-chracter information in to out of chracter chat or seeing something that in real life you would not be able to see and using it to your advantage.

Example 1: You are raiding a base and you are losing you type in OOC for help, this would be metagamming as you are using in-game information and transferring it into out of character chat.

Example 2: You are walking past a base as law enforcement and you see a wanted sign sticking out through a wall you then decide to raid the base for that reason to get the arrest, this would be metagaming.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.

I would ask the player if he had killed him if he says no I would bring up in console and show him that he had killed him as he may have forgotten, I would then ask why he has killed him, if it is a valid reason then I would ask the victim for what had happened. If the victim had a different story which made the RDM not valid I would ask the victim if he has any proof. If he does not have any proof I would warn the player and say if you did be more careful next time. If he did have proof though I would issue a slay to the player on a first time warning or even a kick if this is more than his second time of being dealt with.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided.

I would go to the player and stop the raid and then explain to the player that he is in fact metagaming as he is using in-character information in out of character chat. I would then warn him and let the raid continue so it would not be unfair to the player.

Why I should be chosen (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words).

I think I should be chosen because I feel that I know the rules thoroughly and I would be an active member of the community not just in game but on the forums to. I know I have not got much game tie but that will soon change and if you deny me on that fact then that is ok I will try again another time but I hope it doesn't. As well as that I was an Admin and part of the KDG community for a good part of about 3 months and can give out punishments fairly and being unbiased. I have had many situations with my friends where I have had to punish them and I had no problem doing so, which shows that I am unbiased. Also on KDG I was a Lead Mentor and my job was to train moderators to become admins, and one successfully because an admin in my short period of being a mentor. So overall I fell I should be given the opportunity to prove myself as I am experienced
  • Abominable
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Abominable.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP MODERATOR] Abominable's application 9 years 10 months ago #51072

1.5 hours?!
-SUPPORT
Get your time up, please!
  • BigNoobUsername
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 274
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by BigNoobUsername.

[SSRP MODERATOR] Abominable's application 9 years 10 months ago #51095

1.5 hours....jeez go play into the server first anyway despite that
your RDM example 1: Officers always arrest people and only shoot back if they are being shot at so thats not true that they woud just shoot them.
Example 3: Its called mugging and not warning them it woud be the same as I am gonna shoot you if you dont dance
You explained NLR incorectly NLR is when you die you must forget everything that was in previous life for 3 minutes for example if your a cop and you die you respawn you see a wanted person running you musnt arrest him otherwise that will be NLR
Metagaming example 2: no,it wount be an metagame because how is that metagaming? how are you metagaming when you clearly see the wanted above his head?
You did not explain how woud you handle an RDM situtation
You maybe handle the NLR situtation to strictly: We have warning system which is 3 warnings you get a kind 4th warning 30 min ban 5th warning I think like 1 day ban. so on and so forth you dont suppose to slay people. Slay can only be used for other reasons. You warn people either verbally or with the system. You can instantly kick a person if he is trying for example crash the server by spamming shipments ect.
You woud handle metagaming incorrectly you woud either warn verbally or with the warning system you wont NOT stop the raid. If he woud ask what is metagaming means you woud explain to him through OOC.
In the 150 words part you say that you woud be active well your not that active as I see it so

Overall -support
  • swatas
  • Junior Boarder
  • R.I.P
  • Thanks received: 24

[SSRP MODERATOR] Abominable's application 9 years 10 months ago #51096

swatas wrote:
1.5 hours....jeez go play into the server first anyway despite that
your RDM example 1: Officers always arrest people and only shoot back if they are being shot at so thats not true that they woud just shoot them.
Example 3: Its called mugging and not warning them it woud be the same as I am gonna shoot you if you dont dance
You explained NLR incorectly NLR is when you die you must forget everything that was in previous life for 3 minutes for example if your a cop and you die you respawn you see a wanted person running you musnt arrest him otherwise that will be NLR
Metagaming example 2: no,it wount be an metagame because how is that metagaming? how are you metagaming when you clearly see the wanted above his head?
You did not explain how woud you handle an RDM situtation
You maybe handle the NLR situtation to strictly: We have warning system which is 3 warnings you get a kind 4th warning 30 min ban 5th warning I think like 1 day ban. so on and so forth you dont suppose to slay people. Slay can only be used for other reasons. You warn people either verbally or with the system. You can instantly kick a person if he is trying for example crash the server by spamming shipments ect.
You woud handle metagaming incorrectly you woud either warn verbally or with the warning system you wont NOT stop the raid. If he woud ask what is metagaming means you woud explain to him through OOC.
In the 150 words part you say that you woud be active well your not that active as I see it so

Overall -support

Ok 1. The first example Of RDM I am stating it is RDM Because of what they did.
Example 3 of RDM is an example which wouldn't be RDM because of the warning the player gave before killing him.
NLR I didn't explain it incorrectly I just missed out the forget everything about your past life part even then, when you re spawn and see someone wanted that isn't NLR because it doesn't relate to your past life in anyway.
Example 2 of metagaming if you go and read the rules I think you'll find it is metagaming as the player "Sees the wanted song stick input through the wall and it clearly states that in the rules as well as being a admin for months I think I know what metagaming is.
I admit I accidentally missed out the RDM situation but the forum is all very compact and hard to see if your missing anything out, and I did check before I submitted it.
Also the metagaming scenario of course I'm going to stop the raid I'm not just going to let them continue the road while I'm chatting to him about the rules and I did say I would WARN him then let the raid continue so thankyou.
  • Abominable
  • Fresh Boarder

[SSRP MODERATOR] Abominable's application 9 years 10 months ago #51097

1.5 Hours of server time is no were near enough to warrant an application form for moderator in my opinion.
It has to be a -support from me.
  • DjPon3
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 11

[SSRP MODERATOR] Abominable's application 9 years 10 months ago #51108

Dude you're application is overall nice.
But you must play more and have more fun than now , you know :lol:
Also i give you a -Support
  • WaLK3r
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Nils
  • Thanks received: 166

Former SSRP - Head Adminstrator - 13.2.2016
Forum Appeal Section Moderator - 07.02.2016

[SSRP MODERATOR] Abominable's application 9 years 10 months ago #51112

I dont normally comment on apps but I see you clearly understand some core things like NLR unlike swatas. Just improve your game time and we are good to go. ;)
  • Dcxbigdaddy
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 1178
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Dcxbigdaddy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: exrobite

[SSRP MODERATOR] Abominable's application 9 years 10 months ago #51123

I will be sure to work on my game time I knew I wasn't going to get accepted because of that but thankyou for leaving your comments.
  • Abominable
  • Fresh Boarder

[SSRP MODERATOR] Abominable's application 9 years 10 months ago #51124

This is probably for the best but I really wanted to play more, but my PC just literally broke yesterday and I'm on my iPad now but hopefully I'm sending it out and it's gonna be fixed.
  • Abominable
  • Fresh Boarder

[SSRP MODERATOR] Abominable's application 9 years 10 months ago #51131

Abominable if your PC broke why do you want to be a mod you cant even play and before i even thought about posting a mod app i put in at least 20 hours .

-Support
  • Amuss
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Hi
-From The Keyboard of Amuss™

[SSRP MODERATOR] Abominable's application 9 years 10 months ago #51132

Amuss wrote:
Abominable if your PC broke why do you want to be a mod you cant even play and before i even thought about posting a mod app i put in at least 20 hours .

-Support

It literally broke like in the last 12 hours so I posted this then it pretty much broke but it will probably be fixed real soon.
  • Abominable
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Abominable.

[SSRP MODERATOR] Abominable's application 9 years 10 months ago #51134

You don't make a mod app with 90 mins on the server,
-SUPPORT

Play some more on the server, no one in the staff team really knows you.
  • Blazer
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The things you own end up owning you.
  • Thanks received: 37
If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthVader

[SSRP MODERATOR] Abominable's application 9 years 9 months ago #51573

First and foremost, we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Semi Serious DarkRP. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

Unfortunately as more staff members voted 'no' than 'yes', the application has been denied.

However, the meeting host has taken some criticisms made by the admins and provided you with this feedback:
Only 90 minutes on server. Get more playtime!

You are welcome to apply again at any point.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

262 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT