Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP MODERATOR]TallMidgit's Application

[SSRP MODERATOR]TallMidgit's Application 9 years 10 months ago #50826

RP name: My current RP name is Midgit Corleone
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:80693145
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/TallMidgit/94.23.19.200:27015/
Server 2 - I have played on the second server but it doesn't show up with my profile :/ bout 2-3 hours-ish
Estimated Server Time: About 40 - 50 hours altogether on ZARP
Languages I Speak: English and kinda crappy Spanish

Explain "Random Deathmatch" and give an example scenario:
Random Deathmatch is where someone is just walking about RPing not doing anything wrong
and they get killed for no reason. This can occur when one player is simply aggravated by a certain player so they kill him.Example: Player x is walking about on his way to the gun store to buy some guns and player y walks up, pulls out a weapon and kills him without a valid RP reason.

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario:
The New Life Rule is where someone is killed and returns to the same spot without waiting the set time (3 minutes).
This rule was made so the game is more balanced and fair so people cant consecutively raid the same place.
Example: Player x is in his base cooking up some meth when player y comes and tries to raid.
Player x kills player y but player y comes back and kills player x and takes his meth.This problem is very common
and a lot harder to notice since there's no solid evidence other than the logs(or actual evidence from people screenshots,vids)

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario:
Metagaming is when someone uses OOC (Out Of Character) to say something that should have been said IC (In Character). This is only one form of metagaming. This could happen if a police officer walking past a house and he sees a drug tag showing through a wall.Example: Player x's base is being raided so he calls for help in OOC.(Or the drug tag)

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.
I would check the logs to see if player y has killed player x.If not, I would warn player x for f1 abuse.
If player y has killed player x, I would bring them both to a calm spot and ask player x exactly what
happened. Once player x has finished, I would ask player y the same question. Once player y finishes
I would judge whether it was rdm or not and if it was I would warn player y for rdm. If it wasn't, I would warn
player x for f1 abuse. If it was a mistake and player x didn't realise it wasn't rdm I'd tell him to pay more
attention next time. If player y was continuously rdming(mass RDM), I would alert an admin that he mass rdmed since
as a mod I cant do bans.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
I would check logs to see how close the kills where and if close enough to be nlr, I would bring both players to a calm spot
and ask player x exactly what happened. Once he finished I'd ask player y the same question. Once he finished I'd judge to see whether player y has actually nlred. If he has, I'd warn player y for nlr but if he hasn't I'd warn player x for f1 abuse. Again
however, if player x had just failed to see that player y has waited the time to come back to the place then I'd simply tell
player x to be more careful and have more proof next time he puts out an f1.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided.
I would not bring him to a calm location but I would tell him he needs to advert things like that. Meta isn't that bad and doesn't really need an f1 its mostly new players who don't know rules like that.

Why should I be chosen:
I think I should be chosen as a moderator because I love zarp and I've not often been moderator but I'd love to be one. I love helping out new players and showing them how to play the game and quite frankly the players who know the rules and break them anyway can annoy me. Whether these players annoy me or not I'd keep my cool when dealing with one and no matter what I'd never be biased. I'd never listen to one side of a story and instantly agree to it nor would I warn someone with not enough proof. I'd really like the chance to become a moderator because I enjoy keeping everyone within the rules and having fun. I've never been banned from a zarp server or any server for that matter and it would made my day to become a mod. I want to keep the peace within these great servers and being mod is the best way to do it.

Thank you very much for reading this application. :silly: baiiiiiiiiiiii!

P.S sorry the nlr paragraph is messed up cant fix :P
  • TallMidgit
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by TallMidgit. Reason: Fixes
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP MODERATOR]TallMidgit's Application 9 years 10 months ago #50861

You have also linked your gametracker wrong. Actually type your steam name in the search then click on your name and actually give that link.

-Edited
  • Chester
  • Expert Boarder
  • Teh skies are bluee..?!
  • Thanks received: 185
I haz sweg
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Chester.

[SSRP MODERATOR]TallMidgit's Application 9 years 10 months ago #50907

Chester wrote:
TallMidgit wrote:

Really? It's not a nice thing to say the squeakers are annoying. For this reason it's a -Support.

Technically he's not. He's used two separate statements just in the same clause. You've got it right if he said something along the lines of 'my voice isn't squeaky and thus it's not annoying'.

I suggest you change your reason, as that's not what he said. Furthermore, your use of the word 'the' in the context of 'squeakers' is suggesting that they are not people - that's offensive as you're considering them as another group.

RDM Question - 5/10
Example is alright, but definition is very vague. You need to mention that it is killing without a valid RP reason, not just an 'out of the blue' kill (as you have described it).

NLR Question - 5/10
Example is alright again, but definition isn't very elaborate. You didn't mention the time they have to wait specifically, and that they have to forget certain factors of their death (hence the term new life).

Metagaming Question - 7/10
Alright, but it applies in other ways too. Basically, limiting factors caused by the fact that GMOD is a game. That includes, for example, police raiding a base because an LSD drug tag protrudes a building wall.

Handling RDM - 9/10
Decent explanation. If a conclusion can't be reached though, ask for evidence, and if there is none, advise them to get it in future.

Handling NLR - 8/10
You wouldn't warn for F1 abuse. Again, with the proof explanation above it's a ditto, but other than that, alright.

Handling Metagaming - 9/10
Alright. Bit choppy, but alright.

Why you should be chosen - 10/10
Sounds good.

Overall Positives
- Decent application responses.
- 41 hours playtime.
- Activity is reasonable.

Areas for Improvement
- Start coming on our TS3 server.
- Correct errors pointed out in this app.
- Try and get more activity in the week.
- Link the gametracker properly, rather than just giving the link the template provides you with.
- Put some formatting into the app, it makes it look way better.

Summary
The application seems choppy and lacks elaboration in some places, but for the most part it is accurate. I can't comment on personality as I haven't met the player, but the application is O.K. overall.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Chris.

[SSRP MODERATOR]TallMidgit's Application 9 years 10 months ago #50938

Reply to problems.
Sorry bout the 'squeakers are annoying' I simply meant my voice isn't annoying I meant no offence.
I don't know what happened with the game tracker profile my bad. Fixed now.
I do try and play as much as I can but with school and starting year 10 revision and stuff I don't get as much time.
Formatting has been done I don't know why but last time underlining didn't show :/
All errors on my app I have made an attempt at correcting.
TS3 server?

Best regards, hope to become moderator and thanks for taking up your time to read my app means a lot! baii! :silly:

By the way how do I figure out whether I'm becoming mod plz tell thanks!
  • TallMidgit
  • Fresh Boarder

[SSRP MODERATOR]TallMidgit's Application 9 years 10 months ago #50978

Our TeamSpeak 3 server's IP is : 94.23.19.200
  • Chester
  • Expert Boarder
I haz sweg

[SSRP MODERATOR]TallMidgit's Application 9 years 10 months ago #50980

Chris has made this post about squeakers rights.

I dreamed a dream, where man would not be judged by the pitch of their voice, but by the content of their character.

- Exrobite Luther King Jr.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
The following user(s) said Thank You: DjPon3

[SSRP MODERATOR]TallMidgit's Application 9 years 10 months ago #51138

Thanks but do you know when I figure out whether I become a moderator or not?
  • TallMidgit
  • Fresh Boarder

[SSRP MODERATOR]TallMidgit's Application 9 years 10 months ago #51142

It will be discussed at the meeting, on the following Saturday, then an ACCEPTED or a DENIED will be replied on your application.
  • Chester
  • Expert Boarder
I haz sweg

[SSRP MODERATOR]TallMidgit's Application 9 years 10 months ago #51186

Thanks been very useful Chester
  • TallMidgit
  • Fresh Boarder

[SSRP MODERATOR]TallMidgit's Application 9 years 9 months ago #51569

First and foremost, we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Semi Serious DarkRP. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

Unfortunately as more staff members voted 'no' than 'yes', the application has been denied.

However, the meeting host has taken some criticisms made by the admins and provided you with this feedback:
Improve some definitions in application, tidy it up in general. Improve activity.

You are welcome to apply again at any point.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
The following user(s) said Thank You: TallMidgit
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

128 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40