TOPIC: [SSRP Moderator] Kevin Kahn

[SSRP Moderator] Kevin Kahn 9 years 10 months ago #50712

RP Name: Kevin Khan
Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/bugatti885
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:19219863
Current Gametracker Profiles:

Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/Janne/94.23.19.200:27015/
Server 2 - www.gametracker.com/player/Janne/94.23.19.200:27025/

Estimated Server Time: My first time playing on the server was for a year ago, I haven't played frequently though and I have played with different STEAM's but on this account I have played roughly 70 hours and all this just the past week, however you have to take in account that I have bought VIP to show that I am and will continue being an activate player.

Languages I speak: I speak and read fluent English,Swedish aswell to some extend Spanish.

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario: Random Death Matching also casually called RDM is when one or more people kills people without any RP reason behind it, which is forbidden on most servers, however RDM is allowed in Sewers by the Mutants and by the Humans if the mutants come up from the sewers.

Example of RDM: A player suddenly draws a weapon and starts shooting at another player for no reason what so ever and kills the other player.

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario: New Life Rule also casually called NLR is a rule that prevents people to come back to a roleplay scenario after getting killed for at least 3 minutes, a timer will pop-up after getting killed at the top of your screen reminding you off the rule and aswell showing you the time left until the NLR rule has expired.

When you get killed and you respawn you are forced to not remember anything from your past life IC'ly (In Character), that is why the NLR rule is in place to prevent people from using information from their past life in their new life.

Example of NLR: A player gets raided by another group and gets shoot to death instantly when they reach his base, however the player decides to run back immediately after respawning to his base and kill the raiders.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario: Metagaming also casually called MG is a rule that prevents people for using Out of Character (OOC) information In Character (IC).

Example of Metagaming: A player gets raided by a gang and a friend to the player decided to inform the owner OOC'ly by saying "/ooc Player you are getting raided!!".

Explain how you would handle the following situation:

Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x:

I would first of all talk with both players and ask them about what happened and try to match both the stories, if I can't match both stories and if none of them is admitting to RDM'ing I will have to tell player X to show some sort of proof (picture/video) of player Y RDM'ing him as I can see the logs that you (player X) is the one who has killed player Y, if he doesn't have any proof I can't do anything I would however remind the player to the next time gather evidence of the offence being committed and the STEAMID of the accused offender, so we moderator or admins are able to give the player a punishment.

However if he shows proof of player Y RDM'ing player X, the Player Y will be warned for RDM'ing.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time:
I would first of teleport both of the players to a calm place where I could speak with the individuals in private without being disturbed. I would ask player Y if he broke the NLR rule and if he admits of breaking the New-Life-Rule I would give him a warning. However if he says that he didn't broke the NLR rule I would continue asking questions that could lead into the accused player admitting to the offence, questions such as their locations of the kills, etc. However if the player passes those questions I would have to ask Player X if he took any screenshots or videos of the offence, if he has proof of it I would warn Player Y for breaking NLR and if he don't I would advise Player X to gather evidence of these sort of offences in the future together with the offenders STEAMID so we moderators and admins are able to punish the offender.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided:

I would go to Player X and tell him that he just committed to breaking the metagaming rule and that I will let him off this time with a verbal warning, if he breaks the rule again I will however give him a warning for his actions.

Why I should be chosen (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words): I think I should be chosen as a moderator on SSRP because I am already as being a normal player helping people as much as I can by answering them in OOC chat about different questions they have, I love to help and I am very passionate about helping other people.

If I get chosen as a moderator for the SSRP server I will help the server by protecting the players from the hackers, and the other rule breakers and also try to help and answer everyone's general questions that they have regarding the server.

I can take orders from others so I don't have any issues listening to other higher ranked admins, and I will take their words into consideration when doing my moderating job.

I will also treat everyone equal, it doesn't matter if I know a player or not, everyone will get the same punishment if they have broken a rule.

I have great experience from past servers and companies I have owned which makes me more attractive as a moderator than many others.

I have worked as a head admin at a heavy roleplay SA-MP (San Andres: Multiplayer) server, which have gained me a lot of knowledge about how to handle reports and how to roleplay extremly well.

I have also owned in the past a gaming hosting company which gave me a lot of knowledge about satisfying customers, which would be the same as satisfying players on the server by working with them and try to keep most players happy at all times.

I also have knowledge in Linux but as a moderator that won't come to use, but I would be able to help if any problems comes up with the hosting, or anything similar.

I believe that good support and fast support is something that is needed, and I believe I can provide both of those qualifications.

I see myself as very mature for my age, and I also at all points always play by the rules and when I get the chance I help people as much as I can do even as a normal player.

I also see myself as a friendly player and a friendly friend that could help other players that is in need of help.

Thank you for looking over my application!
  • kerex132
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • IG: [G] Kevin
  • Thanks received: 15
Ex: SSRP Adminstrator
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by kerex132.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

[SSRP Moderator] Kevin Kahn 9 years 10 months ago #50717

Oh dude! Only 29 hour`s?! You must play more!
But the rest of you`re application is fine ;) !
Also i going to give you a -Support !
Play more and have more fun than yet B) !
  • WaLK3r
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Nils
  • Thanks received: 166

Former SSRP - Head Adminstrator - 13.2.2016
Forum Appeal Section Moderator - 07.02.2016

Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by WaLK3r.

[SSRP Moderator] Kevin Kahn 9 years 10 months ago #50718

Thank you, I get what you mean but I showcased my potential by playing over 29 hours in just 3-4 days and also buying V.I.P I normally don't buy that sort of stuff but as I saw some potential in this server, I decided to do that as I also will be active daily for a good while now.

I don't believe my 29 hours gametime on the server should prevent me from becoming a moderator as the reasons I said before and aswell because I have played on the server before for a year ago and then I played maybe, 50-70 hours so in grand total the realistic play time should be 100 hours if you take the gametime I had for a year ago into consideration.
  • kerex132
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Moderator] Kevin Kahn 9 years 10 months ago #50719

RDM Question - 10/10
Great definition and example. No complaints.

NLR Question - 3/10
The time you gave is wrong. ZARP's NLR timer is 3 minutes. You should also mention about how NLR prevents users from remembering most information from their previous life within reason.

Metagaming Question - 10/10
Great definition, no fault.

Handling RDM - 9/10
Good stab at it. You should probably also advise the user to get evidence of offense and SteamID (screenshotting their tab profile) in future.

Handling NLR - 6/10
Looks like there was some misunderstanding. Player Y wouldn't be warned for killing the player twice, because if he killed the player and had to kill him again, he wouldn't be the offender. It would be a case of X killing Y twice, or X killing Y then Y killing X, both instances show Y to be the offender.

Handling Metagaming - 10/10
Sounds good.

Why you should be chosen
Almost double the word minimum, lots of positive and attractive points made about your experience. I can not fault this question, you've really done well with it.

Overall Positives
- Great application.
- Fluency in English.
- Experienced.

Areas for Improvement
- Get more playtime. 30 hours is quite small.
- Improve on the imperfections in your application.

Summary
A great attempt at an application, there's not much wrong and you've clearly put a lot of effort into it. I'd advise that you rectify the errors I've pointed out, but other than that, you seem like a more than suitable candidate.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
The following user(s) said Thank You: kerex132

[SSRP Moderator] Kevin Kahn 9 years 10 months ago #50724

Thank you Chris for taking your time reviewing my application so I am able to improve the application, I have taken your feedback into consideration and have changed, improved and corrected those parts that you referred to be incorrect or needed some improvments.

I guess I misunderstood the first time I read the handling of the NLR scenario it but it should be right now after my improvments.

I appreciate your feedback and you taking your time reviewing my application I will defintley try to get more playtime on the server, I am already playing 8+ hours a day and I hope to keep up that time to get a good & strong playtime to showcase my will to become a moderator.
  • kerex132
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Moderator] Kevin Kahn 9 years 10 months ago #50729

Glad you've taken my feedback into account. I've read your adjustments.

NLR Question - 10/10
Detailed, accurate.

Handling NLR - 9/10
Good improvements, makes more sense now however rather than simply asking the player if they did break NLR where they are more at liberty to simply deny it, you could work around it by asking their locations on each of the kills, etc. - People do it differently, and each method's effectiveness really applies to the situation and people involved in the conflict. What you have written is substantial, though.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

[SSRP Moderator] Kevin Kahn 9 years 10 months ago #50732

Thank you once again for leaving your feedback, exactly as you are saying Chris it all depends on the scenario if they deny it as most people would do, I as a moderator would have to continue asking questions that could lead into admitting into breaking NLR, which then later would result in a warning, but as you said it all depends on the scenario, I will however add that to the thread.
  • kerex132
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Moderator] Kevin Kahn 9 years 10 months ago #51149

BUMP - I have now gotten a lot more playtime during this week and have had a lot of fun roleplaying with everyone so I hope to have a chance to join the moderator team in the near future with my current improved playtime.
  • kerex132
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Moderator] Kevin Kahn 9 years 10 months ago #51514

My last BUMP before the staff meeting, thank you everyone for looking at my thread.
  • kerex132
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Moderator] Kevin Kahn 9 years 10 months ago #51524

You have a great application and are dedicated to our server, your activity is little but I'm sure you'll play more and more.

+Support
  • Chester
  • Expert Boarder
  • Teh skies are bluee..?!
  • Thanks received: 185
I haz sweg

[SSRP Moderator] Kevin Kahn 9 years 10 months ago #51539

Your application is spot on and I think you will make a big contribution to the community. Although your playtime is low but I'm still sticking with:
+Support
  • KrazyHD
  • Fresh Boarder
  • We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time.
  • Thanks received: 17

[SSRP Moderator] Kevin Kahn 9 years 10 months ago #51572

First and foremost, we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Semi Serious DarkRP. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

As the number of 'yes' votes exceeded the number of 'no' votes you received, you have been accepted.

Towards the bottom there is a button leading you to a download of a 'welcome pack' (moreso intended for new moderators) - this will give you a brief insight into your duty and how to do it, but before we can give you your rank you will have to attend a training session. You can ask any superadmin for your training..

You need to attend a weekly meeting on our Teamspeak server (IP is 94.23.19.200), it would also be appreciated if you can click the banner in my signature and add me on steam so that we can manage the meetings more easily.

Congratulations on behalf of the administrative team.

• Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

132 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
5/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40