Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP MODERATOR] Xillenn Harper's application

[SSRP MODERATOR] Xillenn Harper's application 9 years 10 months ago #50560

RP Name: Xillenn Harper
Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/Xillenn/
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:51931514
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - I have 2 nicknames.. I used first on the old map (Xillenn), when map changed I joined Harpers and got new nick (Xillenn Harper) - www.gametracker.com/server_info/94.23.19...illenn&Search=Search
Server 2 - I am not playing on second server. EDIT: I started playing and I have about 5 hours but they doesn't show up on gametracker..
Age: 14, but alot of people tell me that I sound like 15 year old.
Estimated Server Time: 163,62 hours (I have 2 nicks, Xillenn - 113 hours, Xillenn Harper - 50.62 and climbing :) )
Languages I speak: English, Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian (I live in Bosnia and these 3 laguanges are almost same so. yeah.. haha) and still learning German.

• DarkRP related:

1. Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.
    Random Death Match (RDM) is killing a player without valid reason.
    Scenario: Player x is at mining area, mining.. Player y comes, takes out shotgun and killes him without reason.
    That's RDM.. Killing without reason.

2. Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.
    New Life Rule (NLR) is a rule when you die, you can't come back to location where you died for 3 minutes. If that location is like spawn, you can come there, but you mustn't kill your killer/raid bases for 3 minutes.. Players who have problems watching time on ZARP server have timer at top of the screen.
    EDIT: I forgot scenario sorry, here it is:

Player x is a miner and he got killed at mining area by player y because he mugged him and he didn't want to give money. Player x starts to rage and switches job to gangster, comes instantly to mining area, takes shotgun and kills player y.

He broke NLR in way he came back at the place he died + killed a player who killed him before.

3. Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.
  4. Metagaming (MG) is writing IC (In character) informations in OOC (out of characters) chat or OOC in IC.
    Scenario: Player xs base is getting raided. He yells in ooc chat ( // )
x: I am getting raided, HELPP!

OOC chat in IC chat isn't that much warnable in game, but Metagaming can also occur on forums.. Player x makes an topic for police only: x: We will raid all bases tomorrow at 2 PM.
Player y sees that and writes a post: y: lololol thx for letting us know we will not base tomorrow.

• Explain how you would handle the following situation:
    Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.

I don't know all the commands but I will give my best. I would bring player x and player y to some roof and ask player y why and when did he kill player x. When he finishes explaining I would ask player x the same and why he thinks that was rdm.
    When they're done I would make decision and warn/or not player y. If player x would be lying he would get warned for abusing F1, but if player x just made a mistake, if he didn't realise it wasnt RDM, that was valid kill I would just tell him to pay more attention next time. But if player y would be rdming constantly, I would bring him to myself, freeze him. Give him a big warning, if he would continue doing that. He would get 4 warns.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.

I would bring the player y and ask him why did he revenge his death in that short period. If he says that he hates him, something like that.. If he agrees he killed player x, I would tell him that he must wait for the NLR time to expire, that's 3 minutes and he can see it at top of his screen. He also mustn't be in the NLR zone, it's the zone where he died. If he's new I would ask him to check !motd in front of me to make sure he's reading it. If he would do it again he would get warned.. If he's not new he would get one warn.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided
    I would tell player x he isn't allowed to use informations which he currentely sees as his game character and he just did Metagame. I would ask him not to do that anymore and to use /pm if he needs to talk to somebody during raid. If he would constantly Metagame I would warn him.

• Why I should be chosen (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words).
    I have been playing on ZARP for about 3 months. I liked server first time I joined and found friends, etc.. I donated to server and got VIP. Then I started having fun, talking to player, making funny dupes, basing with friends.. Raiding and helping new players to understand how to play. I was always the type of player who wanted to help everyone but to get that help back. If I am nice to you, don't be douche to me things like that. So – my school ended and now I can do all day whatever I want.. So I chosen to play games and go out.. I can be active for about 3-10 hours per day, and I have alot of people with I have good relations so I would want to be even closer with them. I am maybe way too easy to players, I don't like to warn and I am not best with commands but I can learn. When map changed I started to raid alot so I got warned more than before, but I stopped doing that. I was banned just once from server because of the rage quitting to make people lose my printers.
    But that is past, now I am better, I want to benefit the server with my activity and playstyle so that's why I made this moderator application.

Thank you very much in reading this, best regards!

Edit: (Some more text about "Why should I be chosen")

I also want to be chosen because I got bored from seeing players spamming OOC chat and asking for admin help.. Every day server is getting more players and we need more moderators/admins. I think I am a good person for moderator because I can understand players, their reasons, I am not aggressive etc.. My F1 handling skills are already good in some ways because I spectated WonGamer handling F1's. And I saw how is he doing that, also he showed me few tricks, how to find out who is DDoSing, find disconnected player's steam ID to report/ban him...

I personally think that I am mature for my age ( I am 14 years old, but I never rage, attack, yell at people, things like that).
    • Xillenn
    • Fresh Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 5
    Drug dealer pl0x.

750k per day. ^^
    Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Xillenn.
    The topic has been locked.

[SSRP MODERATOR] Xillenn Harper's application 9 years 10 months ago #50590

This is a new application, and will not be discussed until next week.
    • Chris
    • Diamond Boarder
    • Thanks received: 931

[SSRP MODERATOR] Xillenn Harper's application 9 years 10 months ago #50727

RDM Question - 10/10
    No issues here.

NLR Question - 5/10
    Good point about the timer, all seems correct including the mention about the timer. However, you lack an example scenario and should probably mention about forgetting factors of death such as who killed you and their reason.

Metagaming Question - 10/10
    Decent example and answer.

Handling RDM - 8/10
    There's no real way to see if X was lying unless there is evidence present. You should always try to negotiate it with the players first, and if everything seems to add up from the word of the players, evidence is required. If there is none, advise the player to get it in future.

Handling NLR - 9/10
    It'd be acceptable to give the warn anyway, that's what they're there for. Sometimes you can't get to the bottom of these situations as I've already said, so it's usually good to advise the player to get evidence to the future and use the forums.

Handling Metagaming - 10/10
    Seems alright, you've indicated that you are willing to mentor players on the rules rather than just punishing them immediately.

Why you should be chosen - 6/10
    The question doesn't really ask for your story at ZARP. You need to answer the question, as the main points that do cover it don't really add up to 150 words. Identify qualities?

Overall Positives
    - Old player.
    - Active.
    - Bilingual.
    - Decent application showing decent understanding.

Areas for Improvement
    - Things I've identified in the application.
    - Try playing the second server.

Summary
    This application has obviously had some great effort. The majority of points are correct, and Xillen has proven himself through this. He has been here for a while, and maintains steady activity which is more than acceptable.
    • Chris
    • Diamond Boarder

[SSRP MODERATOR] Xillenn Harper's application 9 years 10 months ago #50743

Weren't you mod at one point?
    • exrobite
    • Loyal Boarder
    • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
    • dont have a cow man
    • Thanks received: 2489

[SSRP MODERATOR] Xillenn Harper's application 9 years 10 months ago #50783

No I wasn't..

@Chris

Thank you on your reply, I will edit my Why should I be chosen, but I won't change orginal text.. I will just add some text under the orginal and write it's added.

I also added NLR scenario, forgot about it sorry.
    • Xillenn
    • Fresh Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 5
    Drug dealer pl0x.

750k per day. ^^
    Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Xillenn.

[SSRP MODERATOR] Xillenn Harper's application 9 years 10 months ago #50950

+support
    long time player, nice guy
    • 0ctocat
    • Senior Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Flavour Text
    • Thanks received: 97
    Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by 0ctocat.

[SSRP MODERATOR] Xillenn Harper's application 9 years 10 months ago #50975

Es gud application. Es gud indeed.

+Support
    • exrobite
    • Loyal Boarder
    • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
    • dont have a cow man
    • Thanks received: 2489

[SSRP MODERATOR] Xillenn Harper's application 9 years 10 months ago #50979

0ctocat wrote:
    +1

I'm sure you've been told not to give random supports. You have to add a reason to +Support, Neutral and -Support.
    Without any reason the support is invalid.
    • Chester
    • Expert Boarder
    • Teh skies are bluee..?!
    • Thanks received: 185
    I haz sweg

[SSRP MODERATOR] Xillenn Harper's application 9 years 10 months ago #51089

For some reason I think you were an admin before anyway the application seems good and I dont have anything say againts it and I hope you will become a moderator

+support
    • swatas
    • Junior Boarder
    • R.I.P
    • Thanks received: 24

[SSRP MODERATOR] Xillenn Harper's application 9 years 10 months ago #51098

Nice application, I've never heard anything negative about you.
    +support
    Wish you the best
    • DjPon3
    • Fresh Boarder
    • Thanks received: 11

[SSRP MODERATOR] Xillenn Harper's application 9 years 10 months ago #51583

First and foremost, we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Semi Serious DarkRP. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

As the number of 'yes' votes exceeded the number of 'no' votes you received, you have been accepted.

Towards the bottom there is a button leading you to a download of a 'welcome pack' (moreso intended for new moderators) - this will give you a brief insight into your duty and how to do it, but before we can give you your rank you will have to attend a training session. You can ask any superadmin for your training..

You need to attend a weekly meeting on our Teamspeak server (IP is 94.23.19.200), it would also be appreciated if you can click the banner in my signature and add me on steam so that we can manage the meetings more easily.

Congratulations on behalf of the administrative team.

• Chris
    • Diamond Boarder

[SSRP MODERATOR] Xillenn Harper's application 9 years 10 months ago #51584

Good job :)
    • LightArrowsEXE
    • Gold Boarder
    • Grumpy old anime loli
    • Thanks received: 374

[SSRP MODERATOR] Xillenn Harper's application 9 years 10 months ago #51753

Bravo majstore! Nadam se da ce da budes voljen na serveru, mozda i da dobijes uskoro Super Admin? :P
    • ScorpionOnAcid
    • Diamond Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 452

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

Former DarkRP / TTT Moderator.
    Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
    Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

162 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
    8/127
    Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
    0/40
    Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
    0/47
    Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop