Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Soxey6's Weekly Moderator Application

[SSRP] Soxey6's Weekly Moderator Application 10 years 3 weeks ago #41195

Quick note before I rewrite my ENTIRE application from last week. I was going to wait at least 1 more week before applying again but I was advised to apply this week by Exitium Harper (I can't spell his name.).
RP Name: NotSo Soxey
Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/xXsoxey6Xx
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:38872182
Estimated Server Time: Depending on the service used to measure it, between 63 and 80 hours.
Languages I speak: English, but I do make an attempt to translate using on-line translators
Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.
Random Death Match (RDM) is the act of assaulting another player without permission or a valid Role Play (RP) reason.
Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.
New Life Rule (NLR) is a set of rules that govern what to do after death.
These include but are not limited to:
  • Not returning to the same spot for 3 minutes
  • Not attempting to attack/kill the person who originally killed you, without a valid RP reason
Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.
Metagaming is using not RP elements to aid RP decision .
Some examples are:
  • Using OOC to alert people of a raid.
  • Using the /advert for non-business talk.
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.
In this situation I would ask players for them to provide evidence, if no evidence can be provided I will warn player Y.
Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
I would try to use lines of text around the deaths to pinpoint a time. If not I will verbally warn player Y and keep an eye on him.
Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided
I would verbally warn Player X if he has not been warned for anything like this in the past. Otherwise I will warn him for metagaming.
Why I should be chosen (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words).
There are many reasons I should be considered for the position of moderator. These include reasons such as my Knowledge of the rules, my skills at both law and programming and my ability to learn Quickly. One major reason is I don't want to have to rewrite this EVERY DAMN WEEK.

One reason that was outlined was my knowledge of the rules. As you can tell by my definitions of the rules, I do not just know the rules but I understand their concept. Combine this with the fact that I am sensible, mature and haven't ever broken a rule that I've known (I couldn't find the rules for a whole week, I just winged it.) and I am perfect for the position.

A reason that was not outlined in the introduction is that fact that I am available at a time where there are Mods on and only 4-10 players. At this time there are at least 2 RDMers or people who constantly disobey the rules. I try to convince them to stop but to no avail. This time is mainly Australian prime time, which is when I'll be on, meaning if I were to be moderator I can stop this.

Another reason that I failed to outline is that I follow authority. I am not the type of person who leads, I follow. This means I am loyal to those who are in higher authority then me and will not argue UNLESS it disregards the ENTIRE servers (Players and staff included) shared views (Like banning everyone for no reason.). I will not argue if someone above me finds my work unsatisfactory.

Another reason that is outlined is that I have a great perception of the law. Many of you may not think this relates to this, but laws are just Rules set over a larger population (Such as a country or state). I also know how to be fair because of this, and how to be impartial, things that are needed for this position as even some Admins fail at this.

I have mentioned that I program this will be discussed further in this paragraph. You may or may not know I program, the extent of this is varying. I fully understand most programming ideas and methods (Like Object Oriented Programming). I also have a grasp of many languages (SQL, JavaScript, Python, CSS VB.net, Delphi and others. These are LANGUAGES not scripting though.).I can fluently program in Java, PHP and some others (I can't remember.).

Hopefully this has both outlined and discussed the reasons for me to be accepted into a moderator position. I really don't want to have to do this again. I don't mind answering the questions but this Mini Essay I wrote has sapped the inspiration and ideas out of me. I cannot keep coming out with different reasons to be accept and different ways of writing basically the same thing. Thank you for reading the wall of text I have decided to post.
  • kristofferson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 420 Blaz It Son
  • Thanks received: 627
I'm EMP's only friend
"Do you have to wear lip stick" - RedPowder 2016
qwe [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by kristofferson.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] Soxey6's Weekly Moderator Application 10 years 3 weeks ago #41198

You dont need to rewrite it every week. You can copy and paste it for you in next app if you fail .
  • Dcxbigdaddy
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 1178
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pepper

[SSRP] Soxey6's Weekly Moderator Application 10 years 2 weeks ago #41350

In my own opinion I would say give him a shot! He is obviously committed to the server as he keeps trying to get staff, so even though its not really my place to say but +Support
  • Rare
  • User is blocked
  • Prophunt Manager
  • Thanks received: 7

"Try and be like a turtle - at ease in your own shell." ~Bill Copeland
Last Edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by Rare.

[SSRP] Soxey6's Weekly Moderator Application 10 years 2 weeks ago #41382

We really liked your application, attitude, behavior and your timezone.

Accepted.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phantom2207, i7moody009
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

161 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40