TOPIC: [Dark RP] Self Titled Mod App

[Dark RP] Self Titled Mod App 10 years 1 month ago #40974

Details
RP Name 0ctocat
Link to Steam Profile steamcommunity.com/id/0cto
SteamID STEAM_0:0:33567683

Age 19

Estimated Server Time
Gametracker at the time this is created says 147.51 but I have played ALOT more then that with hiatuses in between, I used to go by Bagelmesideways

Languages I speak English

DarkRP Related
Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.
RDM- Killing with no reason or with reason that breaks a set rule.
Example- Player x kills player y while player y is raiding. Player y then later kills player x out of vengeance when player x is at spawn

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.
NLR- Upon death players must forget everything from their past lives and not to return to their previous location for three minutes
Example- Player x attempts to raid player y, player x kills player y in the process. Player y then immediately returns to try and defend against the intruder.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.
Metagaming- Using IC info in OOC, or trying to communicate IC in OOC
Example- “Hey player x come meet me at location Q for a good deal on my cheap guns”

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.
Bring both players, interrogate player y on why he killed player x if the reason is illegitimate I would then warn player y and point out which rule was broken or why the kill was considered rdm.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
Bring both players, ask them to explain the situation individually, if I conclude nlr was broken I would then warn player y and explain the definition to them if they did not understand.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided
If not reminded by another player and he persists to do so I would then kindly remind him what he is doing is considered metagaming and to use /advert for this situation.

Why I should be chosen (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words).
I think in the current state of the server more mods need to be appointed. I believe that I have a very strong grasp upon the rules and a large amount of server experience to back it up. I also have a fairly large amount of free time and have spent a considerable amount of time on this server, by continuing to do so with the moderator position I think I could be a good asset to the community. As of lately I have also been on at times when there has been a low amount of staff and a high amount of problems, this is one of the main reasons I decided to submit my application. With such players are not encouraged in that environment to stay online, or follow rules as in many situations I have seen “well you broke this rule so Ill break that one.” I think upon appointment I could help just as much as other moderators can in this situation. I also see myself as an accessible person I have a handful of friends on steam that are active and if i'm not on at the time, I could pop on and handle some issues if no one is available.

Unrelated to my own application but I think now is the time to bring in a nice size group of moderators. With a fairly large content update coming in it can be expected to bring in an influx of new players as well as old members and keep them active for awhile. It would be great to keep a good ratio of moderators to players to keep players happy and active. Being that the update is coming in a week the moderators would have a nice training period to practice and get the hang of it until then.
  • 0ctocat
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Flavour Text
  • Thanks received: 97
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by 0ctocat.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: .Ryan

[Dark RP] Self Titled Mod App 10 years 1 month ago #40976

Dear Octocat
Your application is very good and the hours you have played make you a very experienced player.
I have never had to warn you and you are kind.
However I suggest you jump on teamspeak and get to know the team more.
It is without a doubt that I will give you a +support
Good luck mate.
Kind regards
Crazyswiss
  • Crazyswiss101
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 31
Loyalty is the key to respect

[Dark RP] Self Titled Mod App 10 years 1 month ago #40979

Just saying
GameTracker find's the player by his steam name. And you never played as Bagelmesideways
:p

But still +support
  • Agent47
  • Senior Boarder
  • When life gives you lemon. Go murder a clown.
  • Thanks received: 39

Agent47©
Friendly zarp DR admin!

[Dark RP] Self Titled Mod App 10 years 1 month ago #41175

• Agent47
  • Senior Boarder
  • When life gives you lemon. Go murder a clown.
  • Thanks received: 39

Agent47©
Friendly zarp DR admin!

[Dark RP] Self Titled Mod App 10 years 1 month ago #41177

-snip- wasn't needed
  • 0ctocat
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Flavour Text
  • Thanks received: 97
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by 0ctocat.

[Dark RP] Self Titled Mod App 10 years 1 month ago #41194

Not the most mature player I've seen. You tried to make continuous excuses as to why a certain base you couldn't raid was illegal, despite it being fine. You spammed all caps and wouldn't accept 'It's legal' for an answer.
  • Angelus
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Bang bang!
  • Thanks received: 41

[Dark RP] Self Titled Mod App 10 years 1 month ago #41383

When you get frustraded, you do call people names. You've been warned for disrespect multiple times. We do like that you are active though. Some of the admins thought you deserved a chance, however the biggest part didn't. We suggest you improve all of this, and then reapplying in a few weeks.
DENIED
  • Optec
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • You go in a war to kill, not to get killed.
  • Thanks received: 101
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

290 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
13/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop