Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kellmer - Admin/Mod Application

Kellmer - Admin/Mod Application 10 years 1 month ago #40881

RP Name: Kellmer
Steam Link: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198108821399/
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:74277835
Estimated playing time: 2 months = 250 hours. Have used another account aswell (SteamID: STEAM_0:0:20138510)
Languages I speak: Dansih (fluent), English (fluent), french (a little bit).

Explain RDM and give an example:
RDM Stands for Random Death Match.
Random Death Matching (RDM), is when another player intentionally harms another player
in-game be that with a gun or a melee weapon. If u RDM 3 times it is classified as Mass RDM.
This can be shown in the example below:
*Stizzagg approaches Kellmer*
*Kellmer: Hey, How you doing*
*Stizzagg pulls out a weapon and shoots Kellmer*
*Kellmer Dies*
*Kellmer: @Excuse me, I was rdm'd Please could I get a hand?*
This is my example of RDM and what you should do :)

Explain NLR and give an example:
NLR Stands for New Life Rule.
You have to forget everything when you die.
And you cannot return to your deathpoint until the NLR timer has expired (usally 2-5 minutes depending on the server).
Here is an example:
*Kellmer: /advert Raid!*
*PwnzorOfTehNoobs Fires at george rake*
*Kellmer fires back and kills PwnzorOfTehNoobs.
*PwnzorOfTehNoobs returns to the base and does not leave and therefore breaks NLR*
*Kellmer: @Excuse me, Could i possibly get some help with a person breaking NLR?*
This is an example of NLR and what you should do :)

Explain metagaming and give an example:
MetaGaming is one of the more complex rules. Basically this is what it means:
If someone gave In game information OOC (Out Of Character) And a player
uses this information to manipulate his in game experience or give information
away that is for in game purposes.

Here is an example:
*Doobinator: // Hey guys! I found out where the Mayor is being held captive!
Hes at the Abandoned Warehouse! Get a warrant!*
*Mayor approves Warrant for the house*
*Kellmer: Guys the mayor position has been given away!
I will attempt to contact an admin as they cant do that! Defend the house if they fire!*
*Kellmer: @Excuse me, People appear to have broken the Metagming rule could you lend a hand?*
OR! There is another form! Here is the example:
*Cop sees sparks coming out of wall and hears printers sounds*
*Cop places warrant Reason: Printers*
*Kellmer: // How did you know?*
*Cop: // I saw the sparks and heard the noises*
*Kellmer: // That is metagaming*
*Cop: // No it isn't*
*Kellmer: // would you like me to explain?
*Cop: No I'm right!*
*Kellmer: @Excuse me, It appears someone is breaking meta gaming and disagreeing could you explain
what metagaming is? I have tried. Thank you.
The 2 versions of metagaming and how you tackle them as RolePlayer.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.
Firstly I would !goto the victim to hear his/her story. Afterwards I'll !goto the potential RDM'er to hear his/her side of the story. If the story is valid (Eg. It was a raid/mug/kidnap), I would let the killer go. But if the story is invalid, I would take him to a location where he doesn't block any entrance/exit and jail him for 300 seconds. Otherwise I would just kick him.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
I would !goto player x and hear the story. Then !goto player y and hear his/her side. If the story is valid (Eg. Player y was trying to raid and broke nlr), player y will then face 300 seconds of jail time. If the story is invalid, and player x just RDM'ed player y twice, then player x will just face the punishments that match the RDM section.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided.
I would tell the banker NEVER to use OOC for calling police backup, and he/she is breaking the complex rules of metagaming. Maybe telling police not to respond to the call of the banker, because he just metagamed.

Why I should be chosen:
Why should you be chosen? (at least 50 words)
I personally believe you should choose me as I have alot to offer, I have alot of expertise in dealing with situations
where there is conflict met, I am a person who is completely confident around others and I try to explain
everything within the fullest extent of my intelligence, I am a well respected member of the community. I have plenty
of experience with other communities and I have done this all before and know how to appropriately apply punishments
with the correct reasoning and validation, I am not Biased(Meaning I Wont just ban someone because I don't like them)
I make every attempt physically possibly to give the outmost performance on any sort of work I do and have done in the
past. All i wish to do is hope to expand to another community where I can further my knowledge and pass it on to those who
may be uncomfortable. I am very polite and have good grammar. I am also a very patient person. However I absolutely
despise racism. I cannot stand it. When i see a racist that is most likely the only time people actually see me
angry, I am usually a very calm person and would absolutely love to be apart of the community.
Thank you for taking me into consideration and I hope your verdict will be to welcome me into your home as a staff
member. I would love to help out.
Thank you for also taking your time to read my application

I tried to edit this layout for why I should be chosen. Just so it would be easier to read. But it will not change and I hope you can forgive me. But when I want to edit it, it shows as I want it to, but when I publish it will just look terrible again :(
  • Kellmer
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Kellmer.
The topic has been locked.

Kellmer - Admin/Mod Application 10 years 1 month ago #40884

the layout of the 'Why i should be chosen' is terrible, whats with the breaking up of the lines?
  • Teddy_Legs
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Previous Admin of 2013
  • Thanks received: 3
'Top Lad' - Sam

Kellmer - Admin/Mod Application 10 years 1 month ago #40886

it automatically did that :( dont know why. That's why I was trying to edit it, so it could be easier to read. But the text wasn't very cooperative. And I'm srry about that
  • Kellmer
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Kellmer - Admin/Mod Application 10 years 1 month ago #40887

Ok Kellmer, I would like to start of by welcoming you to the ZARP Gaming forums and hope you have a good time here but I am also here to give you some tips. Let's start with the fact your Steam name and RP Name do not show up on the gametracker and also your alternate account "kka" has only 2.4 hours on the server. Also your app could use a little tidy up to make it more appealing to the eye as your "Why I should be chosen" section is awkwardly formatted.

I feel that you need to come on TS and improve your hours to gain my Support as I feel you do not have enough time and haven't stood out in the community although you have a pretty good understanding of the rules I do not think you are ready. Also your first post on the forums is a moderator application and not something like an introduction which is almost always a bad sign.

+/- Neutral

Best of luck in your application and I hope to see you on the TS and in-game :)
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303

Kellmer - Admin/Mod Application 10 years 1 month ago #40899

I'll look positivly on your reply and will try as far as my capabilities brings me to stand out more and improve my game time. I hope this will bring to a good cooperation.
  • Kellmer
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Kellmer - Admin/Mod Application 10 years 1 month ago #41370

Title not formatted correctly.

Locked.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931