TOPIC: [DarkRP] Phantom's Moderator Application #2

[DarkRP] Phantom's Moderator Application #2 10 years 3 weeks ago #40849

RP Name:Phantom

Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198088685982

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:64210127

Estimated Server Time: 3+ hours every day

Languages I speak: English, but happy to communicate through Google Translate

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario:
Random Death Match (also known as RDM) is the act of killing someone without reason. This is not to be confused with assault which is illegal in the RP but not againt the rules. Reasons to kill someone are: raiding your base (lockpicking/keypad cracking), not leaving your base after a warning, following you after a number of warnings, shooting at you, have a hit on them etc. Any killing that is not provoked and doesn't have a reason behind it is RDM, this rule is here to stop you being repeatedly killed unfairly, and to make the gameplay enjoyable. An example of RDM is seeing someone that annoyed recently, walking up to them and killing them.

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario:
New Life Rule or NLR is a rule made up of 2 very simple elements, 1: To not go back to the general area to which you were killed at for 3 minutes after death, and 2: to not remember how or why you died. It's actually a very simple rule but is one of the most commonly broken due to the urge we all have to run back and kill our raiders, however it must be obeyed to improve everyone's gameplay. An example of NLR would be not selling someone an item due to them raiding your shop and killing them earlier.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario:
Metagaming is quite simply talking in character in the OOC (OUT of character) chat. /advert should be used for in game events, althought sometimes can be used for OOC purposes, like an admin advertising an event. It's very simple and not the biggest issue on the server as it's easily prooved but still an important rule none-the-less. An example of this would be saying "Drop 2k or die" in the OOC chat.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.
I would ask for the reason player y killed played x, if he gave a reason use player x and the console to proove/disproove his response. If I cannot proove not disproove it no warning will be given, if it is prooven that it was RDM player y would recieve a warning, if it was prooven that player y did not RDM then player x would be given 1 (possibly 2 depending on the extent of it) for lying to a moderator.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
I would first ask if player y would like to contend to this as it is not solid proof but very likely that NLR was broken. If he cannot contest it with a good reason then a warning will be given to player y, however if the kills were a little far apart (using common sense to decide) then it would just be a verbal warning given.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided
Very simple, inform player x what metagaming is and give him a warning for it.

Why I should be chosen (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words):
I have been playing Zarp for a number of months now and have found it to be the best DarkRP server I could find. When I find really good servers like this one I feel I should contribute to it by helping out. I have been a moderator before on a Minecraft server but chose to leave the position due to the terrible quality of admins (not like Zarp of course :D). I have a good understanding of the rules, I don't lie when I click "I agree to the rules". I always do my best to help people and would love to be able to take the ridiculous strain off of the F1 reports that I have noticed recently at times. I know I'm not the oldest person to apply but I am mature enough to take on this job. I really do love this server and want to be a part of it, helping people to have a fun time and an enjoyable gameplay experience for everyone. I really hope that you choose me to be a part of this awesome group of staff on a great server. Thanks very much for reading my application and know that, if you hire me, I won't let you down. I recently posted a mod app and it got denied purely because of my previous breaking of rules, so I took this criticism constructively and have not been warned since. I have worked hard to just play and help people as much as I can and hope that you can see that I've changed. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, I won't let you down
-Phantom
  • Phantom2207
  • User is blocked
  • A wizard once said "don't feed toast to meerkats"
  • Thanks received: 20

#LowestKarma2014
[size-5][bb/]#BestBBCoder2014[bb][\size]
Last Edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by Phantom2207.
The topic has been locked.

[DarkRP] Phantom's Moderator Application #2 10 years 3 weeks ago #40860

You joined again recently after a break, quite frankly i think you should wait. A lot changed since you rejoined.
  • Optec
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • You go in a war to kill, not to get killed.
  • Thanks received: 101
Last Edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by Optec. Reason: Added a few things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phantom2207

[DarkRP] Phantom's Moderator Application #2 10 years 3 weeks ago #40866

Yes I did have a short break but I'm up to date with the changes. Next staff meeting check my play time I'll show you I am regular again.
  • Phantom2207
  • User is blocked

#LowestKarma2014

[DarkRP] Phantom's Moderator Application #2 10 years 3 weeks ago #41045

The app seems to be quite different to your old one and you have changed.
It would be nice to see you as mod, at least trial mod to give you a chance.
I personally vote up but really its the admins decision whether you get promoted or not.
Either way +Support from me :)
Note: this comment is a repost from the app in the wrong section.
  • Ivan
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Dead
  • Thanks received: 18

[DarkRP] Phantom's Moderator Application #2 10 years 3 weeks ago #41056

+support (I hope that was green and not yellow :z)
  • Pepegaman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1

[DarkRP] Phantom's Moderator Application #2 10 years 3 weeks ago #41058

http://http://cache.www.gametracker.com/images/graphs/player_time.php?nameb64=R3JvZyBUb2tpbmcgQ2VudHVyeQ%3D%3D&host=94.23.19.200:27015&start=-1w
  • Agent47
  • Senior Boarder
  • When life gives you lemon. Go murder a clown.
  • Thanks received: 39

Agent47©
Friendly zarp DR admin!
Last Edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by Agent47.

[DarkRP] Phantom's Moderator Application #2 10 years 3 weeks ago #41061

Thanks for posting that, I am keeping my play time back up :)
  • Phantom2207
  • User is blocked

#LowestKarma2014

[DarkRP] Phantom's Moderator Application #2 10 years 3 weeks ago #41063

Red is my reactionPhantom_COBRA wrote:
<strong>RP Name:</strong> [COBRA] Phantom

<strong>Link to Steam Profile:</strong> steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198088685982

<strong>SteamID:</strong> STEAM_0:0:64210127

<strong>Age:</strong> 14

<strong>Estimated Server Time:</strong> 3+ hours every day

<strong>Languages I speak:</strong> English, but happy to communicate through Google Translate

<strong>Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario:</strong>
Random Death Match (also known as RDM) is the act of killing someone without reason. This is not to be confused with assault which is illegal in the RP but not againt the rules. Reasons to kill someone are: raiding your base (lockpicking/keypad cracking), not leaving your base after a warning, following you after a number of warnings, shooting at you, have a hit on them etc. Any killing that is not provoked and doesn't have a reason behind it is RDM, this rule is here to stop you being repeatedly killed unfairly, and to make the gameplay enjoyable. An example of RDM is seeing someone that annoyed recently, walking up to them and killing them.

<strong>Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario:</strong>
New Life Rule or NLR is a rule made up of 2 very simple elements, 1: To not go back to the general area to which you were killed at for 3 minutes after death, and 2: to not remember how or why you died. It's actually a very simple rule but is one of the most commonly broken due to the urge we all have to run back and kill our raiders, however it must be obeyed to improve everyone's gameplay. An example of NLR would be not selling someone an item due to them raiding your shop and killing them earlier.

<strong>Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario:</strong>
Metagaming is quite simply talking in character in the OOC (OUT of character) chat. /advert should be used for in game events, althought sometimes can be used for OOC purposes, like an admin advertising an event. It's very simple and not the biggest issue on the server as it's easily prooved but still an important rule none-the-less. An example of this would be saying "Drop 2k or die" in the OOC chat.

<strong>Explain how you would handle the following situation:</strong>
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.
I would ask for the reason player y killed played x, if he gave a reason use player x and the console to proove/disproove his response. If I cannot proove not disproove it no warning will be given, if it is prooven that it was RDM player y would recieve a warning, if it was prooven that player y did not RDM then player x would be given 1 (possibly 2 depending on the extent of it) for lying to a moderator.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
I would first ask if player y would like to contend to this as it is not solid proof but very likely that NLR was broken. If he cannot contest it with a good reason then a warning will be given to player y, however if the kills were a little far apart (using common sense to decide) then it would just be a verbal warning given.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided
Very simple, inform player x what metagaming is and give him a warning for it.

<strong>Why I should be chosen (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words):</strong>
I have been playing Zarp for a number of months now and have found it to be the best DarkRP server I could find. When I find really good servers like this one I feel I should contribute to it by helping out. I have been a moderator before on a Minecraft server but chose to leave the position due to the terrible quality of admins (not like Zarp of course :D). I have a good understanding of the rules, I don't lie when I click "I agree to the rules". I always do my best to help people and would love to be able to take the ridiculous strain off of the F1 reports that I have noticed recently at times. I know I'm not the oldest person to apply but I am mature enough to take on this job. I really do love this server and want to be a part of it, helping people to have a fun time and an enjoyable gameplay experience for everyone. I really hope that you choose me to be a part of this awesome group of staff on a great server. Thanks very much for reading my application and know that, if you hire me, I won't let you down. I recently posted a mod app and it got denied purely because of my previous breaking of rules, so I took this criticism constructively and have not been warned since. I have worked hard to just play and help people as much as I can and hope that you can see that I've changed. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, I won't let you down
-Phantom

Not even one reaction
Lovely apply.
Active much
+support(definitely)
  • Agent47
  • Senior Boarder
  • When life gives you lemon. Go murder a clown.
  • Thanks received: 39

Agent47©
Friendly zarp DR admin!

[DarkRP] Phantom's Moderator Application #2 10 years 3 weeks ago #41094

T
  • Phantom2207
  • User is blocked

#LowestKarma2014
Last Edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by Phantom2207.

[DarkRP] Phantom's Moderator Application #2 10 years 2 weeks ago #41384

• Phantom2207
  • User is blocked

#LowestKarma2014

[DarkRP] Phantom's Moderator Application #2 10 years 2 weeks ago #41387

The admins don't like the fact that you start arguing with them when they are dealing with something. You do cause drama, and get into trouble with people. You are aware of the rules though, which we a very happy for.

We suggest applying again in a few weeks.

DENIED
  • Optec
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • You go in a war to kill, not to get killed.
  • Thanks received: 101
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

237 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
1/32