Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 5 years 11 months ago #903201

Steam Name: Talis

Time Zone: Greenwich Mean Time

Link to Steam Profile: Father Watson's Profile

What server are you applying for? Semi-Serious RP.

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:45068417

Current Gametracker Profiles (Keep in mind that these are using my new Steam name):
Watson's Server One GameTracker
Watson's Server Two GameTracker
Watson's Server Three GameTracker
OLD NAME:
Watson's Server One GameTracker (old name)
Watson's Server Two GameTracker (old name)
Watson's Server Three GameTracker (old name)

Estimated Server Time:
2000+ Hours

Languages I speak:
English. I'm also fluent in being a cop two days from retirement who gets shot on the beat and has a slightly younger cop go on a hunt to bring the criminal underworld down and avenge my death.

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:
I started off as a moderator in a time when I wasn't doing the best; I paid for it because I knew that I couldn't take the role and that it demanded a certain level of professionalism. I jumped in head first without thinking about what I was doing. But then about seven or eight months later, I took on the role again because I believed I could cope with it. And you know something? I did.

Before I even went for staff on the server the first time, I had plenty of tastes of online chaos on and off ZARP. But being a staff member helped me get acclimated to the fact that I could actually do something about it. That I could be a part of the solution; and something about that made me want to dedicate myself to helping even more.

When I became administrator, it helped me realise that I could fight for people who were victimised by players who found their enjoyment in causing problems with other players. It helped me see my empathy manifest itself properly, and my natural desire to help people get the justice they deserve showed me how vital this role is to the server and how each and every person has their part to play. I think I've got the strength, the patience, the empathy and compassion, and the honesty to be a great super administrator. And I owe it partly to the fact that my experiences as an administrator showed me the correct path.

This time, I spent a long while sort of getting the F1s up at the last minute until recently. I felt a bit under-stimulated as an admin but didn't really wanna give it up. Now I've come back into focusing more on helping people and it feels good to know I make a difference. I wanna be a staff member you can count on to respond at the earliest convenience.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

There are five things I have that make me a good candidate for Semi-Serious Roleplay Super Administrator.

Patience

In my time on and off of ZARP; I've put up with a lot of issues that I've noticed some people just can't handle. I take it all in my stride because I know how important it is to show professionalism, strength, and a desire to actually hear someone out; even if it's something that's unpleasant to listen to. I'm someone who has dealt with the loud-mouthed 12-year-old and gotten them to calm down; I'm someone who can wait as long as necessary to get to the bottom of a situation and fix it properly. I'm someone who knows what he's doing.

I've had a lot of experience dealing with difficult people, and I think now, more than ever, I'm showing a confidence in my abilities to handle those difficult people without getting upset or worried about what the consequence might be. I really feel like my patience hasn't left me.

Intuition

I take strides in the right direction to punctuate the point that when it comes to various problems that need addressing; I will do everything in my power to fix them, including taking the unconventional routes such as adding users on SnapChat/Skype/Steam/Kik, etc. to try and further assist. I have been in a situation where a player wouldn't speak to me and let me handle his F1 because my writing was "too professional-sounding", so I purposely dumbed down my writing to be able to help them. I handle rulebreakers in ways that are prompt and I try to be as fair as possible - this can sometimes be mistaken for leniency. Far from it.

Activity

Things get sporadic every so often because my work schedule is a little odd. But I love being on the server to help out as much as I can, and I do try to help users without being prompted. If I can, I'll try to ensure that I'm on the server as much as possible to assist with other players needs.

On a more positive note, I'm one of the most consistent users on the server. I have played since 2013 - when Bloc42 was still being used - and this was the first Gmod server I ever played on. And I did take huge breaks back then - months went by before I came back! But then I started to come on more frequently and since then, I haven't been away for ZARP for too long a time because I do love being here. I will keep staying active, and I will always do my best to stay active - even if that means just using the forums and occasionally teamspeak while on holidays.

Trustworthiness

I'm one of the few people on the server to never scam back when scamming was still allowed. I will purposely give up friendships on the server because they tried to force me to scam with them back when it was allowed. I try to always be honest, kind and truthful to everyone, and push myself to always just be truthful about what happens - even if it's something that I know will put my advantageous position at risk. I listen to people, and they know me for always being an available ear if they have an issue. I'm also the person people come to when they want to know prices, or if they want to know general information about the server without the risk of being trolled.

Experience

I've been on the server long enough to know what I'm doing in almost all aspects; and even when I need to know what I'm talking about; I have all the tools at my disposal to do so. I focus on being an experienced, professional team member, and try to make every step to make sure people are informed and avoid any rulebreaks. I'm experienced enough to know also that I can do my job without assistance, but know when to play the part as a team member.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

There have been numerous scenarios I've dealt with which needed me to take extra measures outside my typical powers to fix. A simple situation was when I was handling a player who was inexplicably godded; and remained that way until dying and then the second he respawned - was godded again. I managed to get Tyler to assist with this situation after a while, though I did have to god him, ungod him, and then let Tyler fix the issue.

I've also had to help with booster and VIP issues, there have been issues where a player's perks for their booster packs weren't available, and I've had to pursue the matter personally until getting a hold of a CM to help out.

Furthermore, there have been issues where I've had to take screenshots and recordings of staff members who weren't following the ethos and wouldn't back down even after I've spoken to them as there were no lead team members to take the issue to at the time. This has helped me understand that while we are a team - I must be able to show my ability to speak out against those who would harm others, or abuse their powers.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

I'd handle it the same way I'd approach any kind of abuse issue, carefully and pragmatically while thinking of everyone's feelings and how they'd like to be treated.

I'd start off by going to the abuse report and saying I'll handle it by posting the following message;
Thank you for your report. I will personally speak to the staff member and we'll see what we can do.

I'd then go to the staff member and dependent upon their story and the proof provided, I'd either accept it or deny it. This would typically involve me going to the abuse report and messaging on the thread:
Thank you for your report once again, it has been accepted and this person will be spoken about in the meeting.
I have also personally advised them on a better course of action, and will keep an eye on them.
:accepted:

If the report has no grounds for acceptance, I'll deny it with the following:
Thank you for your report once again; unfortunately, there is (insufficient proof/nothing wrong with what they did,
etc).
:denied:

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

I'd begin talking to the staff member in question; making sure to approach them in a friendly, compassionate manner and helping us get to the bottom of why they banned this user for the time they did. If they explained it was just a mistake, I would look into advising them about doing it differently the next time. If they explained it was because of an incorrect idea they had about punishments; I'd reeducate them and make sure they know they can come and talk to any member of the lead team if they need to.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

I'd have to supervise in some ways; monitoring what they say but also making sure they know the right way to go about being patient, caring and respectful of both sides of the situation. Even if someone's a victim, there might be a touch of vindictiveness to their report; even if someone's a perpetrator, there might be a smidge of innocence to their situation. I would look into making sure that they know that certain actions during a sit are unacceptable - there's having fun with it, and then there's just abusing your powers. I'd top it off with making sure they know that if they need any further help, I can help them with their next couple sits by overviewing them.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

I would help to resolve it by bringing them both to one side, having them hash it out and talk about it in depth and hopefully get to the bottom of the situation by hearing both ends of the story so that I can reach a suitable conclusion. If there's some credibility to what the staff member has said, I'll talk to the accused about it and tell them that if they keep it up (this is purely speculative based upon if they only had this accusation to their name), I'll be forced to bring it up in the LTM and make sure they get the appropriate punishment for it.

Alternatively, if there's no credibility to it, I would attempt to fix the issue by making sure both parties try to play nice and understand that they're a team and there's no room for discord in a team.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

Our team doesn't need any chaos. We don't need to feel uneasy around those we work with; especially if we need to rely on those people to help us get the help we might need. It's not a matter of telling them just to stop, it's a matter of getting them to understand that they're part of a team and that intentionally sowing the seeds of mistrust within the team will not be tolerated. If they want to cause drama, they can do it elsewhere, but we don't do it here on ZARP.
I'd bring both parties to one side, talk to them both about what this is all about and try and get them to see that they're both valued members of the team but that their attitude towards each other will not be tolerated and that they will suffer consequences if it keeps up.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

I would go to the staff member and talk to them about what they're doing, then tell them that their actions have warranted a speaking about during the LTM, and that they might face possible demotion if they don't make a change. I'd then tell them that I'd be purposely monitoring their actions for a short while to ensure that things like this don't happen again. If it keeps up, it may warrant me having to further discipline them. I think one good method is getting them on TeamSpeak to be in an environment with other team members so they can follow the right example, but I'd like to avoid making an example of them, too.

Thank you for reading, I hope to get some decent feedback and hope to assist as much as I can - with or without a new rank.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Sally. Reason: Fixed bbCode
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Latram, A Sloth, Raeker

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 5 years 11 months ago #903204

Whhoooops. Can someone move this? May have forgotten to change the post area.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 5 years 11 months ago #903205

no doubts
:plussp:
  • MsMs
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • hey there I'm MsMs
  • Thanks received: 1209
Nothing
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by MsMs. Reason: added the s to the doubt

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 5 years 11 months ago #903213

yes
  • illegalimmigrant
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • dont worry im hilarious
  • Thanks received: 525

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 5 years 11 months ago #903217

Went from General discussion to SSRP smh. Moved to the CORRECT section.
You’re a great guy but only actually started joining meetings two weeks ago. I want to see some more consistency.
Best of luck.
  • EiPUS
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Slip Inside The Eye Of Your Mind
  • Thanks received: 2035
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Forum Global Moderator
Ex. BHOP Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Discord staff

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 5 years 11 months ago #903218

pure :support:
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard
  • Thanks received: 997

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 5 years 11 months ago #903223

Thanks for the feedback, EiPus. And thanks for moving the topic.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 5 years 11 months ago #903242

Ouch that Activity :o
  • StefanZ
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • SSRP Admin
  • Thanks received: 226

SSRP Administrator
Ex Prop Hunt Administrator

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 5 years 11 months ago #903248

Didn’t you resign after like 2 weeks last time? And you still don’t have all the items.
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 11215
The following user(s) said Thank You: 123123123

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 5 years 11 months ago #903252

I would like to see more activity not just on the server but the teamspeak as well. Right now I don't see you getting this position but good luck nonetheless.

:minussp:
  • Annie Moonise
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex Deathrun Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 881
Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Forum Staff - Deathrun Moderator Section

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 5 years 11 months ago #903253

Appreciatin' the feedback, Annie. There are some very specific reasons as to why I don't spend a lot of time on the TeamSpeak (Trying to fix that, more or less) - but I appreciate the sentiment, no less.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annie Moonise

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 5 years 11 months ago #903263

How will you prove that you aren't going to just resign in like a few weeks time if we do give you SA? You need more time.
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 46745
The following user(s) said Thank You: TILTED TURTLE, DanielEscobar, 123123123123

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 5 years 11 months ago #903267

I don’t think I can say yes enough

:support:
  • A Sloth
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • “I am proud of you Sloth” -Chummy
  • Thanks received: 235

#Raeker4CO

“so I'll just say what Chummy would say: I'm proud of you bud” -Raeker 2k17

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 5 years 11 months ago #903271

I really appreciate all the feedback.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 5 years 11 months ago #903313

Going by your game trackers your activity isn't that great but your application is very good. You are quite active on the forums but I don't see you on team speak a lot and that's something you could improve on. I don't see you showing your leadership skills enough on the server etc. Good luck!
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 5 years 11 months ago #904571

Father Watson! You're a great guy and have a lot of knowledge if it comes to the Rules and or dealing with Different Situations, however, You don't stand out enough, you recently started to Appear in the Meetings and generally started to Show up more. I'd like to see you more on TeamSpeak and In-game in general to get a better view of you from now I'd give it a lot of time.
  • Latram
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • ⚜️Lukes dads gone⚜️
  • Thanks received: 584

[SSRP Super Admin] Father Watson's Application 5 years 11 months ago #904578

:support: nice guy and good attitude
  • Z0N3
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7