Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868696

After being convinced to apply, I have done so. I understand that my time as Admin could be seen as insufficient to some, but I feel ready for a new challenge. I will take any feedback I get and make any necessary corrections.

Sorle's Deathrun Super Administrator Application

Details

Steam Name:

Sorle

Time Zone:

GMT.

Link to Steam Profile:

Click here

What server are you applying for?

Deathrun.

SteamID:

STEAM_0:0:51990442

Current Gametracker Profiles:

Click here.

Estimated Server Time:

150 hours.

Languages I speak:

English
Hello!

Small amounts of French
Bonjour!

Staff-related

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

Throughout my time as an administrator, I have felt like a strong asset towards the team. In this time, I have learnt multiple things, such as refinings of my knowledge of the rules, how to handle appeals and reports, and the exact details of being staff. I have thoroughly looked over the ethos and learned the correct punishments for every situation and whether or not punishment would need to be used.

In my time as staff, I have built back my good relationship with the staff team and have proven myself to be adept at handling situations. I am incredibly active throughout most of the community, being one of the most active posters on the forums and being an avid TTT/Bhop/Murder player. I also show activity on TeamSpeak, so I would be a strong asset in building the relationships of separate staff teams, so they can effectively and efficiently work together.

I am available for every meeting, report, appeal, staff incident; you name it, I can do it.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

Active

Throughout the community, I have proven myself to be able to stay active on multiple servers at once. I am currently maintaining activty on Deathrun, TTT, Bhop (not great), Murder (not great), Teamspeak, and the forums.

While my activity throughout the week seems poor, my activity on the weekends is very high and I consistently surpass minimum activity by a large amount. I've had to juggle a lot of school work this week, which has led to a slight drop in activity. However, over the weekend and hopefully the next week, this will be corrected.

This shows how dedicated and committed I am, leading on to my next point.

Dedicated

I am currently in school, but even with this time taken off me, I consistently show dedication and activity. I do whatever I can to help out people on Deathrun as a whole and even the community as a whole, whether that be reporting people on Teamspeak or the forums, attempting to find exploits and reporting them, dealing with people who are consistently harming the gameplay of others, and much more. I have had a very large amount of game time over the past few weeks alone, and I can keep this up consistently.

Focused

When I set my mind to something, I do it.

I am extremely focused in my mindset, in that if something needs to be done, and I take on the task of doing it, I will make sure it is solved with maximum efficacy and efficiency. I have demonstrated this on a large scale, by consistently finishing reports and appeals with the best possible outcome and least amount of time taken that doesn't detract from the quality of the completion.

Friendly

In the past, there have been issues with my attitude. With my rank of Administrator, there have been no such issues.

I focused on improving myself to the best extent of my ability, and so I did. My attitude has improved in leaps and bounds, in the sense that I always remain calm in even the most stressful of situations, I give everyone an equal chance to speak in a discussion or situation, and I do not hold grudges. With the powers gained from the rank of Super Administrator, I will make sure these positive ideals are employed throughout the staff team to their fullest potential.

For some more info, I have not ran into a single similar issue as I did last time where my attitude was deemed poor. I have correctly dealt with my anger issues to ensure they don't crop up on Deathrun again.

Leader

In my time as staff, I have shown multiple strong qualities of a good leader. I have a steadfast loyalty to the staff team and making sure it is strong as possible. I have consistently taken the initiative in leading the punishment of rule breakers, speaking to staff members on how to improve and what they're doing wrong, and being able to negotiate properly. I take everyone's opinion into account when making decisions, which is a key element of being a strong leader. Where necessary, I am not afraid to be harsh with staff members either, as sometimes it is needed and currently the LT is lacking a significantly active, stand-out figure like this. I feel like I have perfectly illustrated my strong leadership qualities on Deathrun, by being strict with staff members where needed, but recognising mistakes and understanding reasonings behind actions.

Trusted

Throughout my time as staff, I have demonstrated that, while my mistakes in the past are nothing to ignore, I am one to be trusted. I would not tell a lie and I have not once intentionally abused my powers to gain an advantage that normal players would not have. I have held staff positions on TTT and SSRP in the past, and when I did, I showed that I am one to be trusted, due to my loyalty. I also currently hold a staff position on TTT, showing my extended trust throughout the community.

Experienced

In total my time as staff adds up to around 2 months or so. In my past staffing experience, I have made mistakes and immediately improved on them as needed. Since I've regained my staff rank, I've been able to minimise the amount of mistakes made to a near-perfect level. In this short time, I have determined how to handle every imaginable situation, adapting as needed with time, and perfected my handling of situations. Whether it be hackers, trap spammers, or racists, I have optimised a plan of action to deal with every possible situation. This shows my skills as a very quick learner and being able to adapt within a very short time period.

Contributions

In my time as staff, I have done my best to contribute towards the staff team in whatever way possible. Strong examples of this would be my completion of the tasks of doing Strawpolls for the meetings and bringing back the spreadsheet for the meeting. I have rewritten the Deathrun Staff Attitude thread, which explains how a player should act with a staff rank on Deathrun, showing my clear dedication to the server. This has been approved by Dezmond and Polsee. The original thread can be found here. I show that I am able to complete tasks above what is to be expected of an administrator, illustrating what I could do with the rank of Super Admin.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

While I was administrator in the past, there were multiple situations within the staff team with multiple conflicts involved in each one. Grudges resulted from it and the conflicts continued and escalated. While I did my best to diffuse this, it was to no avail and I just ended up getting shots fired at me. This is a very difficult situation as administrator, but if I possessed the rank of super admin, I would've been able to overcome this situation very easily and ensure that the necessary punishments would be handed out.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

Firstly, I would review the report and check any potential proof that is provided extensively. If he was using the template, I would respond with this:
I will handle this. Expect a reply shortly, I will speak to the staff member in question.

After getting a full and proper understanding of the report, and speaking with the player who made the report if needed, I would bring up the allegations to the staff member in question, and begin a discussion about the report.

Depending on whether or not the reporter or not has valid proof, I will come to a conclusion. If he has no proof, and the staff member denies what happens, then I will have to deny the report. However, if the staff member admits to it, I will accept it but probably not bring it up extensively, as it shows honesty and a desire to improve, therefore punishment would not be needed. In the situation that the staff member denies the claims but the proof shows otherwise, I would respond with this:

The staff member's actions here were entirely unacceptable, and I will do my best to prevent this from happening again. This will be brought up in the lead team meeting.
:accepted:

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

First, before approaching the staff member, I would make sure I have a clear mindset and my goals are laid out clearly. Then, I would attempt to speak to the staff member on Teamspeak, for ease of communication. If they were unable to use Teamspeak for whatever reason, I would either speak to them in-game or on Steam. I would explain to them that punishments should not be too harsh, and that our goal as a staff team is to give everyone the best experience on the server. I would then go over the Ethos with the staff member in question. After doing that, I would then discuss a new ban length with the staff member. If, upon enquiry, the staff member was un-cooperative and stood completely by their ban and refused to change the length, I would contact a HA to overrule the punishment, and bring it up in the LTM.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

I would spectate this situation, and see how they handle the situation. If they make mistakes, I would message them, detailing the mistakes they made and how to correct them. I would guide them through the situation and do whatever I can to help without directly handling the situation myself. If the situation gets out of hand, I would notify them via admin chat and deal with it.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

As this is a staff on staff situation, it must be handled with the utmost sensitivity and care.

I would separately speak to the accusing party first, and get their side of the story. I would do the same with the accused party and give each story an equal sitting. I would then compare both stories, determine whether or not any wrongdoings took place, and deal with any rule breaks. If a rule was broken, I would speak to the staff member who broke the rule and correct them on this. If no rule was broken, I would tell the accusing staff member that this was a misunderstanding and end it there.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

In this situation, you have to eliminate the problem at its source.

Of course, disrespect and non-peaceful discussions within the staff team are unacceptable, so I would approach the person who provoked the argument/started the disrespect first, and tell them to lay off, as it damages the image of the staff team, and of course can be hurtful to the other person. Anyone else who was engaging in disrespectful/argumentative behaviour would be told the same thing. Any further arguments or disrespect would be brought up at the lead team meeting, as it is an unacceptable attitude for staff to hold against each other.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

In this situation, the first course of action would be to stop them in the act.

From there, I can give them a calm but stern talking to about how this type of behaviour is entirely unacceptable and affects everyone's enjoyment of the server. I would then try to speak to them on Teamspeak afterwards, and gather proof to bring up in the LTM if necessary. If it continued to the point of the staff member majorly disrupting everyone's experience, I would take their powers away from them until the meeting.

Thank you for reading. If possible, I would like feedback beyond my time/experience, as I am aware that these must be improved upon.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4289

ex-dog LT member on many servers

The topic has been locked.

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868698

Bish
:plussp:
  • Dewie
  • Expert Boarder
  • Stop.
  • Thanks received: 561
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868700

Mhm I was one of those people that convinced you. Really detailed application deserves the role! Good luck! :plussp:
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868701

yes!
  • Newdude
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 737
Ex - Deathrun SuperAdmin
Ex - Jailbreak SuperAdmin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868702

biggest neek i have never meet apart from xeronise's dad.

top lad good activity detailed application.
  • luke_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • -0121-
  • Thanks received: 1139
"R.I.P. Born In Blood" - March the first 2016...
First Seen: Dec 08, 2013 6:54 PM .

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868703

great guy big nub should die 10/19
  • Windows
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life isn’t a destination, it’s hell
  • Thanks received: 963

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868704

t1 alpha af and so is sorle.

• EiPUS
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Slip Inside The Eye Of Your Mind
  • Thanks received: 2035
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Forum Global Moderator
Ex. BHOP Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Discord staff

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868706

This is i mean Was effort to read :P
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Poecilotheria metallica
  • Thanks received: 1039

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868716

- You have a quite good Application going on
- Decent playing time and recent activity
Goodluck
  • StefanZ
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • SSRP Admin
  • Thanks received: 226

SSRP Administrator
Ex Prop Hunt Administrator

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868721

Was super nice as Admin dont see why they'd vote no. Goodluck Losre

• Satire
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Irrelevant Lithuanian guy.
  • Thanks received: 132
☞ My Ex Ranks ☜

Deathrun Admin
Bhop Admin

Steam Here!

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868731

ALFA NO CHILL
:support:
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1276

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868738

Coach me to diamond with Riven only for my vote. Good luck.
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868749

The best candidate so far! Good luck dude
  • Polsee
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Pedo
  • Thanks received: 441

Ex-Deathrun Server Owner
Ex-SSRP Administrator
Ex-Deathrun Section Moderator

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868751

I was waiting for this. Good luck my dude!
  • SkeletonWarrior
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A Pure Legend!
  • Thanks received: 1124

csontvazharcos
Former:
SSRP Super Administrator
TeamSpeak Staff
Forums Section Moderator

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868756

SkeletonWarrior wrote:
everyone in the community is also waiting for u to leave the community but that hasn't happened yet
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868757

Ashur. wrote:
SkeletonWarrior wrote:
everyone in the community is also waiting for u to leave the community but that hasn't happened yet
Irrelevant to my application and unneeded. Take your grudge somewhere else.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4289

ex-dog LT member on many servers

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868763

sorIe wrote:
Ashur. wrote:
SkeletonWarrior wrote:
Irrelevant to my application and unneeded. Take your grudge somewhere else.
I'll take it to your SA app you will post next week

THIS IS A MEEM DONT TAKE SERIOUS
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Ashur.

[Deathrun Super Administrator] Sorle's Application 6 years 1 month ago #868764

Best candidate from what I can see
:support:
Good Luck!
  • shadowsquatta
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • this is great awesome
  • Thanks received: 743
this is my steam btw (by theway)