[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810017

Third time's the charm!

General:
Steam Name: Jim_Jam
Time Zone: GMT
Link to Steam Profile: Click here!
What server are you applying for? Deathrun
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:93765091
Current Gametracker Profiles: Click here! (Gametracker seems to struggle with recording game time.)
Estimated Server Time: 101.75+ hours
Languages I speak: English

Deathrun Related:

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

Although I was only accepted last week, I have months of experience with staffing on Deathrun as I have been a staff member for a total of (around) 3 months, on and off for the past 2 years. During this time, I have learnt how to utilise every command to efficiently deal with rulebreakers and make the server as enjoyable as possible for users. I would like to put all of this experience to good use to improve the server as much as possible. I believe the most effective way to do this would be by becoming a member of the leadteam.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

I have tons of expirience with staffing as an Admin on Deathrun, and many other ZARP's servers. Furthermore, I have held many leadteam postitions on zarps servers. I have been a TTT SA twice and a SuperAdmin on Prophunt (aswell as an Admin on BHOP and a Moderator on Murder). It's safe to say I am aware of many situations I will encounter as a SA such as trainings and dealing with staff members that aren't doing their job correctly (and the occasional abusive staff member). I also believe the staff team could do with a lot of work. Mentioning no names, I see many of them either AFK or simply not dealing with rulebreaks that occur on the server. I believe that with the responsibility of being a SA, I can work towards improving the staff team much more, resulting in a stronger staff team and a better server overall.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

I have encountered many situations where I have required the help from a leadteam member throughout my time as deathrun admin. One I remember is when two old staff members started arguing with each other and no leadteam was on the server at the time. As I was the same rank as them they didn't take me 100% seriously and just seemed to ignore me and continue arguing with each other so I went ahead and messaged a leadteam member and they came and stopped the staff members from arguing without any issues. If I ever encounter this situation again and if I were a SA, I would be able to deal with this situation myself.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

I would read through the entire report as thoroughly as posible to gain as much information about the situation as possible. To avoid complications with the rest of the leadteam, I would respond to the report announcing that "I will be handling this". I would then talk to the staff member that the report is against to see what he has to say about what happened. I would then compare it to the report and make a decision. If the report was to be accepted, most of the time it would just involve talking to the staff member in private making them aware of what they did wrong and how they can avoid doing it in the future. However, in more severe cases they staff member in question would need to be brought up in the leedteam meeting where the entire LT will vote on what will happen to the staff member (This will either be no action, official warning or a demotion).

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

I would approach the staff member in a calm and friendly manner and inform him that he banned a user excessively. I would discuss the sitioned further will the staff member to ensure that they are fully aware of the mistake that they have made. I would then proceed to send them the staff ethos and ask the to read through it and ask me anything they are unsure of. I would also send them the recommended ban times to ensure this situation doesn't happen again in the future. I would then take the situation into my own hands and reduce his ban to the appropriate amount.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

I would privately message the staff member and guide them through how to deal with the situation as effectively as possible. I will ensure the staff member remains calm and polite at all times and I will step in publicly if needed. I will finally tell him to message me at any time if he encounters another situation that he struggles to handle and I will help him through it once again. If this happens on a regular basis I will ask the staff member if he would like me to go through all of the ulx commands with him so that he can understand them even more and hopefully be able to deal with many more situations.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

A dispute between staff members is never a good thing. It is extremely important that any disagreements are resolved as soon as possible to allow the staff team to function as effectively as possible. If a staff member accuses another of breaking rules I would firstly talk to them seperately, getting both sides of the story and reviewing any proof that I am provided. If valid evidence if given to me that shows a staff member breaking rules I would speak to them. Depending on the severity of the rulebreak and whether it was done on purpose I would either talk to the staff member myself, making sure he knows what he did was a rulebreak and I will make sure he won't do it again. After I have dealt with the situation, I would make sure there is no "hard feelings" between the two staff members as once again, a dispute between staff is naver a good thing.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

The staff team are supposed to work with eachother to make the server function well. If any arguments occur it should be the leadteams number one priority to resolve he issue as soon as possible so it doesn't spiral out of control. If I encounter a situation where members of staff argue with eachother, I will first speak to them individually, ask them what has happened. Once I have done that, I will ask the staff members to speak to eachother calmly to help to defuse the issue. If this doesn't work I would have to try a harsher approach where I explain what they are doing can lead to a demotion and they should become friends (or at least be nice to eachother).

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

This is unacceptable. I would first tell him to stop breaking rules and I would make a HA aware of the situation. If he continues to break rules past this point I would bring it up in the leadteam meeting where official action will be taken against the staff member. If the staff member was using his powers to break the rules and it is really severe, I will need to contact a HA who can emergancy demote them and a vote will take place in the leadteam meeting where the staff member will either recieve his powers again or be demoted, however this will happen very rarely.

Extra Information:
Although this isn't part of the template I felt the need to add it. I completely understand that I have only just been given admin and I will almost definitely be denied. I am working hard to improve my activity and help out on the server as much as possible.
Thank you for reading my app, all types of feedback is appreciated and I love you all! <3

One last thing:
#Windows4HA
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491
The topic has been locked.

[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810019

There is no charm when u compete with meeee

Expect mine shortly

:plussp:

TOP lad
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam

[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810023

:support: deserves it yim yam a fat :support: what a guy.Don't know why you didn't get it the first time
  • Bhavya Shah
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 246

[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810106

bhavyashah wrote:
:support: deserves it yim yam a fat :support: what a guy.Don't know why you didn't get it the first time

Needed to show dedication or some shit

I'm sure 3 weeks of having over 20 hours a week shows dedication but only time will tell.

Thank you both for the support <3
  • Jim_Jam
  • TTT is my child ❤️
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bhavya Shah

[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810108

Jim_Jam wrote:
bhavyashah wrote:

I'm sure 3 weeks of having over 20 hours a week shows dedication but only time will tell.

No jim jam I am Better idiot
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810109

A Good Pianist wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:
bhavyashah wrote:

*thinks about the meeting*
  • Jim_Jam
  • TTT is my child ❤️

[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810152

I guess i was wrong after all
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810154

+support

SSRP Moderator

[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810160

Jim_Jam wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:
bhavyashah wrote:

*thinks about the meeting*

Most active 1 there was me what u smoking
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810339

Go bump
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810354

A Good Pianist wrote:
Go bump

Omg idiot!!!! I bump myself!!
  • Jim_Jam
  • TTT is my child ❤️

[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810356

Jim_Jam wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Go bump

Sorry miss click

Go bump
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810360

A Good Pianist wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Go bump

Sorry miss click

Go bump
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810365

• Windows
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life isn’t a destination, it’s hell
  • Thanks received: 963

[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810367

:plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp::plussp:
  • Cookie Banana
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Make deathrun great again!
  • Thanks received: 137

Make deathrun great again!

[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810371

• B4nQk0k
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • jeg har 45cc moped
  • Thanks received: 713

[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810374

You're actually a really good staff member who is active and constantly on the ball.
Good luck!
x
  • SarahAnne
  • Legendary Member
  • Best Ex Deathrun Owner
  • Thanks received: 228

[Deathrun Super Admin] Jim_Jam's Application 6 years 2 months ago #810492

Nick0GR wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote: