TOPIC: [SSRP Moderator] Skelly's Application

[SSRP Moderator] Skelly's Application 6 years 4 months ago #762799

Skelly's Application
General
RP Name: Craig Davids
Time Zone: GMT
Link to Steam Profile: Steam Profile
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:46732092

Current Gametracker Profiles: Estimated Server Time: 1 day 4 hours (28 hours)
Languages I speak: Native English

SSRP - Definitions
Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario: Random Death Match (RDM) is where a player starts a death match with another player with no real reason.

An example of RDM is when a Gangster, Thief or any other criminal job shoots a Police Officer even though they did not try to arrest the RDMer or the RDMer was not wanted.

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario: New Life Rule (NLR) is where a player visits the area they have previously died in. On ZARP, this is visiting a District (e.g. Bank, Spawn, Fountain) within three minutes of dying in that area. If a player is in a District they are committing NLR in, they must leave it immediately.

A common example of NLR is a Police Officer trying to arrest a wanted player, but the wanted player manages to kill the Police Officer. The Police Officer then immediately returns to the wanted player after respawning. The Police Officer is committing NLR.

SSRP - Situations
Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.

I would take Player X to a roof-top and ask him a thorough account of what has happened and any evidence of what happened (e.g. chat logs or Shadowplay). I would then take Player Y to the roof-top and plainly ask him if he RDMed Player X. If Player Y admits RDM, I would warn him. If Player X presents evidence that Player Y has RDMed Player X, I would warn Player Y or give an appropriate punishment. If there is no evidence given by Player X, I would not do anything except maybe keep an eye on Player Y.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.

Because the kills are very close together, it is almost certain that Player Y has broke NLR, so no video proof is needed. This is because, at peak time, a few lines apart in console is at the very most 10 seconds apart.

I would take both players to a roof-top. If Player Y has been warned for breaking NLR before or has broken any other rules recently, I would warn him for "Breaking NLR"; otherwise, I would verbally warn him for the infraction. I would then explain to Player Y: what NLR is, the importance of not breaking NLR or any other rules, and politely ask that he completely forgets everything after he dies. I would then keep an eye on Player Y to ensure he does not break NLR again.

Personal Statement
Why I should be chosen (we recommend around 150 words):
I should be chosen as Moderator because I always try to stay positive and mature on the servers. I file enough F1s to stop rulebreakers, but not enough to nag and annoy Staff Members. Whenever a player asks for help or information, I always try to help to the best of my ability. I do not rule break, in fact, I report rulebreakers in an attempt to make the community a better place for everyone. I always try to type with etiquette to look polished and professional, and to set an example for other players. I have also been trusted with Moderator abilities on another server and handled them with respect.
  • Skelly
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Moderator] Skelly's Application 6 years 4 months ago #763977

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP DarkRp! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

This time, the staff team have decided that you still need to work on your application and then apply again next week. To try and help you they have summarised some positives & negatives discussed during the meeting:
Activity.

You can apply again at any time, and thanks for supporting ZARP!
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 5653
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds

161 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40